2NordVPN
4.2

81% · 523111 · 17%

jordan911n
jordan911n

Customer service is: arrogant, rude and totally unacceptable

The multiple agents I communicate to via email were so arrogant and rude. They spoke to me as if they didn't care. Like I was nothing. This mentality will only get you so far until better competitors come along. You thing you're so great? Like you've cornered the market? Just you wait, you'll come to regret your arrogance...
Noshy
NoshySydney5 posts
Phong Mai
Phong MaiWolli Creek4 posts
Isaac G.
Isaac G.Sydney, NSW2 posts

No care for their loyal customers

I have been using their VPN and NordPass service for 3 years. Overall, it was okay. However, when it came time to renew, I contacted their support to see if there was a better deal, and this was quite disappointing. As a previous customer, I sensed that their support merely regurgitated information that I could easily gather from emails.I didn't feel Nord's care for their loyal customers. I've now switched to another VPN provider.
NordVPN   DM

Hello, Isaac. Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and will consider it upon further improving our service and support. -Drea

Gemima C.
Gemima C.6 posts

Price on website is VERY different to what you are charged

Website stated this would cost $94.74, however my card was charged $142.11. The website stated it was in Australia (see screenshot). Found out via Reddit that they only display prices in $US. This is not indicated on their website at checkout. Pretty shifty; dressing themselves up to target Australian consumers but not displaying the actual price, or disclosing the currency. I definitely don't trust them to deliver an honest service.
NordVPN   DM

Hello. Apologies for the inconvenience. Prices on our website are displayed in USD, therefore you were charged 142.11 in AUD. Feel free to contact our customer support team at support.nordvpn.com if you have any further questions. -A.Z

Adam D.
Adam D.Perth, WA

Terrible customer service and exploitation

I used NordVPN for over two years and loved the service. Thinking that my subscription had ended, I purchased another plan, unknowingly on another account. A few months later I'm automatically charged for $164 and refused a refund after contacting support immediately. I have zero use for the second account and feel like I've been cheated by a company that I've recommended to family and friends for years. They won't even respond to my second email.Terrible customer service. I'll never recommended this company to anyone again.
Marty
MartyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
NordVPN   DM

Hello. Thank you for your feedback. Could you update your review with a Ticket ID so we can check the communication and your account more closely? - K.S

MarN
MarN3 posts
NordVPN   DM

Hello! Thank you for your feedback. To check your situation and account more closely, please reach out to our support team via live chat at support.nordvpn.com and we will investigate your inquiry right away! - K.S

Sam
SamSydney, NSW5 posts

BE WARY. NORDVPN WILL SUSPEND YOUR SUBSCRIPTION IF YOU ASK FOR REFUND

This is their so-called reason.

"Your access to and use of the Services and Websites is subject to the Terms and all applicable laws and regulations. We reserve the right, at any time, in our sole discretion, with or without notice, to suspend and/or terminate the Accounts and/or Services to any users who violate any applicable laws or these Terms, whether repeated violation or a single instance. Please read more information in Section 12 of the General Terms (“Suspension and Termination”)"

In this case, our tools have detected your account performing potential web scraping activity. Unfortunately, your account is suspended indefinitely.

Els
Els3 posts
NordVPN   DM

Hello. We are sorry to hear that. Please provide us with a ticket ID that you have received after contacting our support team. We would like to check if your ticket was handled properly and provide you with further assistance. -A.Z

julian m.
julian m.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Hopeless back up service!

Very disappointed with Nord VPN. Initially it worked ok on my desktop and IPhone but when I had to wipe the iPhone and reinstalled Nord, I was unable to log in. A message came up from Nord on the log in process saying there was “an error at their end”. Spent an hour on chat to Nord trying to fix problem to no avail. They suggested a ‘manual’ set up but you have to be an IT guru to understand it!
Seems you can’t speak to anyone in person which makes life really difficult
Goanna300
Goanna300AU10 posts
NordVPN   DM

Hello. We're very sorry to hear about your negative experience with our service and team and truly appreciate your feedback. Each of our letters offer an 'Unsubscribe' button at the very bottom as is standard for most advertisement or newsletters.

Diederik M.
Diederik M.Queensland2 posts
Gympie
GympieSydney, NSW25 posts
Sally K.
Sally K.

Bad business behaviours NORD VPN

Extremely disappointed- tried the package and with so much friction and pop-ups I requested a cancellation of my subscription and refund Mid May. My initial request was ignored and customer service persisted to engage in conversation (see attached on type of email to engage and prevent cancellation) and sadly not providing cancellation and refund. Following further processed payments Mid June I requested the same again. I was told they would not refund but have cancelled the sub (finally instant on first request). It’s very disappointing customer service and poor business behaviour to scrape clients. Shame it can’t be simple and you ignore the stop sub request by ongoing emails and draw out process. Shame.
Bad business behaviour NORD VPN!
Aryal
AryalSydney, NSW4 posts

Terrible service

Bought service for 1 month as I had to travel overseas and work from there. This service didn't work for me despite paying too much price. The funny part is they even activated my subscription after I cancelled the subscription. The customer service was useless. I reported to the bank and ended up replacing the card. So frustating

Ami_K
Ami_KAustralia17 posts
Jeffrey
JeffreySouth East Queensland, QLD12 posts
Martin T
Martin TMetropolitan Adelaide, SA14 posts

Don't use NordVPN

NordVPN prevents sending emails. Support requests illicited 10 different responses from 10 different people, the solutions of which made matters worse (i.e. started blocking access to certain websites). Latest attempts to contact have been met with complete radio silence!
NordVPN   DM

Hi Martin, would it be possible to update this review with the ticket ID you received last from our support. We'll check the status of your inquiry and why it wasn't replied yet, since we respond to our customer emails within 24 hours.

H and G
H and G12 posts
NordVPN   DM

Hello, we appreciate your feedback and will make sure to pass it onto to our payments team to look into this situation. Apologies for any frustration caused.

Gavan K.
Gavan K.37 posts

Dodgy company imo

Beware as I signed up for 2 years plus bonus 4 months for $97 but they debited $141 and only 2 year’s subscription.They claim it was USD but invoice clearly said $97 including 10% Australian GST.
You have been warned
NordVPN   DM

Hello Gavan, this doesn't sound right. Have you tried contacting our billing department to review this situation? Thank you in advance.

Martin Jones
Martin Jones3 posts

Deceptive company, willing cheat you

NordVPN is a dodgy company. They sign you up with subscription auto-renewal hidden in their T&Cs. I turned mine off and was happily waiting for my subscription to expire. NordVPN sent me a dozen, "Your subscription is about to expire!" emails, but I didn't care because I'd found a better deal.

Turns out my subscription auto-renewed anyway! I challenged it the same day, but NordVPN just pointed at their T&Cs and said, "You agreed to have auto-renewal on." I couldn't prove I'd turned it off. Bunch of bastards.

RobP
RobPDarling Downs, QLD4 posts
Ex-Nord VPN User
Ex-Nord VPN User
NordVPN   DM

Hello, we are sorry to hear that our service did not meet your expectations. Regardless, we appreciate your constructive feedback and will make sure to pass it along to our teams. Stay safe!

Patricia L.
Patricia L.Sydney, NSW

Worst

NordVpn do not acknowledge their product failure, so if you experience any issues after the 30 day money back period "bad luck" there is no refund. I sent the IT report showing undetected viruses on my computer which resulted in re-install of windows OS and MS Office. I received an apology and reminded my service is active until May 2027. Their email also reminded me to read their "already accepted terms and conditions" of NO RESPONIBILITY OR LIABILITY. https://my.nordaccount.com/legal/terms-of-service/
Note: There is no official ABN invoice and only a payment receipt
Terry B
Terry BSydney, NSW6 posts

Logan
LoganGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts
Jesse
Jesse2 posts

Kane is a legend

Had an issue with my account and Kane came to the rescue and fixed it immediately. What a mad dog. Give him a raise.
Elio Borrelli
Elio BorrelliSouth Australia
Mikeyboy
MikeyboySouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Scam,Sham

You are offered in Australia a 30 day money back guarantee. After installing Nord it just offered me a way to slow internet and also I could not get onto internet backing and work sites that I use daily. I cancelled 14 days into my subscription. It never got cancelled and after 6 emails they have billed me and still try an upsell me stuff. I can offer anyone who is interested my email trail so please do not deal with this company.
NordVPN   DM

Hello. Could you please update your review with the Ticket ID you’ve received from our customer support? We will check your inquiry and provide you with further assistance. Thank you.

Helping me getting my NordVPN working in China

I would like to thank Randolph for helping me making my NordVPN working in China. Without his help and patience, i would abandon NordVPN and ask for refund since that i still have my guarantee period. I'm so glad to have Randolph helping me solving this problem, we even had a small joke that made the atmosphere much funnier :)
Thank you again for all the help and clear explanantions!
Ish
Ish

Connectivity to another device

The customer service by Cliff was really helpful as he was very patience and taught me step by step to find a solution to my problem.
Angelos
Angelos

An excellent VPN provider

I just renewed for another long-term subscription with this fantastic VPN provider. The highlight of my product experience so far was the customer support with the assistance of Kasper, who could listen and understand my concerns and instantly provide the right solution. Thanks, NordVPN team.
Noaman Hasan
Noaman Hasan

Helpful chat

I just had a chat with Kane, he was very helpful and appreciate that. I was about to cancel my subscription but he helped and I am going to continue to test if these changes work
Cris
Cris

Perfect! thank you

My first time with NordVPN I didn't know your costumer support was so quick , gentle and effective. Thanks to Jesse and Del!
Robert
RobertGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Subs Renewal

Was confused by renewal after only 4 months for a 1 year subs
Explained by Kasper who offered an extended 18 months as I am an occasional user. Thank you and well done -- good customer service

T-Eazy
T-Eazy

Good VPN

Commendable customer service by Charlie! He helped me with my subscription issues.
Jojo1234
Jojo1234Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Renewed my subscription after consist good connections on iPhone iPad and windows

Prett good get the deals they offer occasionally and you’re set. Show reply
Celal Babadag
Celal Babadag2 posts

Great Custommer Support

I asked too many questions on live chat, and "Pheonix" was great. he answered to all my questions in a clear way. I used Surfshark for 7 months ( I had 2 years subscription) but too slow servers and connection problems even with this problems the blocked my account and scammed my money. that made me go crazy. Pheonix gave me a great discount coupon for 2 years subscription , and now on Im on NordVPN.
Emily
EmilySouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent customer service!!

Charlie was amazing!! I have never had so much ease talking to a customer server representative in my life. They were super friendly, understandable and ensured I left a happy customer. Definitely glad Charlie was there to help me and I will always recommend this company to people now! Having an easily accessible communication like Live Chat is great for people with anxiety and/or not enough time to sit around on a phone call so having such a pleasant experience has really helped me.