Norton Anti-Virus

Norton Anti-Virus (page 2 of 6)

See the Best Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Norton Anti-Virus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

anu
anumelbourne

Norton 360 2021

Won't recommend norton anymore.i was using norton from the past 15years. This year i was unable to do renewal easily. You need a credit card and you have to share the details with norton to activate your product. You will be on auto renewal and it is a hard process to deactivate the auto renewal. So no more norton.

Purchased in March 2021 at eBay for $20.00.

Majid M.
Majid M.South East Queensland, QLD

Utterly useless

I got Norton license for 5 devices. On my laptops( both windows 10) the Norton UI crashes and I have never been able to use it. The only solution Norton advices, is to reinstall the app. Done that 10 times. Still cannot open the application on Windows.
On my mobile it always forgets my credentials and most of the times it cannot login due to server error. VPN speed is super slow and reminds me of dial up internet speed. 100% disappointed. Do not get it even if it was free.

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for $90.00.

B&P Gibbs
B&P GibbsSydney, NSW

Norton Security now requires agreement for perpetual subsciption. Beware

After 15 years, Norton Security telephone contact for combatting installation problems a long wait (even at 7am). You can no longer simply purchase a product key and renew annually - now they want your credit card details for perpetual renewal. Ensure you swith off annual subscription renewal after installation (easy to do).

Purchased in March 2021 for $22.56.

Ash R.
Ash R.South East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish

I have used norton anti virus for 3 years my computer started going really slow and now I think about it it always was quite slow.
Had some technical guys check my computer they started laughing and said the Norton's terrible, doesn't guard malware at all and clogs up heaps of space for your CPU processor.
Since then had my whole computer re programmed and run a different anti virus brand and its perfect. Annoying poor for a so called leader in there field.

Steve
Steve

Norton keep sending me emails. I told them never again.

Why does Norton keep sending me emails. I used them once and wished I had never used them. I bought a new laptop just recently and declined the Norton offer from the seller. After that I kept getting their unwanted emails along with a lot of other rubbish saying I need Norton to protect me from spam emails. Does Norton send these spam emails I wonder?

Anna
AnnaQueensland

Shady business practices

Jay
JaySydney, NSW

Norton Auto renewal rip-off

I had Norton virus checker which I did not want to keep. They have since auto renewed my virus check - at twice the price of the original purchase by upgrading me to a premium service. I am so angry with them and they still have not acted on the case that I raised through their support teams. They are a rip off merchant, employing sneaky sub standard dubious practices. I couldn’t recommend them less.

Purchased in March 2020.

Arthur A.
Arthur A.South East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic Service

I have been billed for almost $200aud and have no idea why. It’s an absolute nightmare trying to speak / chat to Norton staff.
My advice to anyone thinking of purchasing a Norton product is simple. Don’t do it.

untrustworthy

Purchased in February 2021 at centrecom for $30.00.

Helena
Helena Sydney, NSW

Terrible Experience

Purchased in December 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $99.00.

longtime customer disrespected

Every time I renew Norton, I have to cancel autorenew, as they automatically switch this on "for your convenience". This year they switched me back on without telling me and then charged my Paypal account $112 without even a warning!! It is difficult to find their customer service number to complain. I eventually had success and got my refund. So now I am looking for another service and have found some good options online. No more Norton for me.

Judy
Judy

Absolute nightmare!

My best description of Norton would be serial pest.
Email marketing is relentless nearing end of contract. Need a security system to block Norton!
Don’t do it! I regret ever using them.

Grumpy_1248
Grumpy_1248West Tamar Region, Tasmania

The most appalling experience over last few years.

Purchased in March 2020 for $94.00.

Ong
Ong

Terrible after sales service

Norton support staff is anything but support, had more excuse on how the couldn't help me with my problem, would not renew with Norton again. I also do not recommend this company. Offers no protection at all better off taking your chances without it.

Purchased in January 2021 at Harvey Norman.

jodie s.
jodie s.Perth, WA

No customer service

Auto subscribe was not selected just preset and no reminder just auto deducted payment . Trying to get refunded and their cut page cuts me off after about 20 mins every single time . Their wait times are over and hour and the product was like 140 bucks. So annoyed

No Auto renewal cancellation

auto renewal was done and I tried to refund it as I stopped using the product. no success yet. can't reach them via phone, and chat option keep taking me to the same page again and again.

Purchased in January 2020 for $70.00.

Jessica T.
Jessica T.Sydney, NSW

No refund outside US / Canada. Service is Awful.

Harvey Norman Caringbah insisted i required this product with my childs school laptop but it was a load of garbadge and now stuck with a $548 product that you cant get refunded online because their refund form for regions outside of US and Canada does not work. I would steer clear of Harvey Norman and any Norton product purchases. Norton service is inadequate and you need the patience of a saint when waiting. All service representatives are Indian. They tell you not to worry and refund will be processed but if there is no form and noone can give give you the right links and advice its a pretty hopeless case.

Purchased in December 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $548.00.

Horrible customer service

After updating my computer Norton stopped working. I was bounced around for 3 hours on hold before they put me onto someone who could help me. They fixed the problem but were so so rude and impatient. I was disgusted at their attitude and they really did not care at all. Switching provider now and not looking back

Purchased for $129.99.

Hss
HssSydney, NSW

Rude Lazy staff

Billing changes spoiled a trust worthy product

I have been happy with Norton, until they automatically renewed my account without my awareness or authorization, double the price I was paying for my deal! Disappointing to say the least, as I have been happy with the product up until now. In the past I have been politely reminded to repay my sub. What are you guys thinking? That I wouldn't notice the transaction?

Purchased for $80.00.

Dimmy
DimmyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

DO NOT GO NEAR THEM! No customer service what so ever

Purchased in June 2020 at Norton.com for $184.99.

SamW
SamW

Add to the chorus of complaint !!

I have used Norton for years and buy a new copy each year. This year cannot continue without agreeing to automatic renewal. Uninstalled and going elsewhere. In my opinion it is unconscionable conduct and hopefully will cost then more customers than they snare victims.

Purchased in December 2020 at eBay.

regtheveg
regthevegNorth Queensland, QLD

Beware of Auto Renewal Scam

Just purchased Norton from an Electricial reseller and took out a two year subscription. Just as I put in my product key number the screen goes to a Auto Renewal Subscription form that demands your Credit Card details or you can’t continue.
I paid cash for this as I just wanted it for the period I purchased it for. Stop holding me to ransom Norton. Either let me have two years protection or reimburse me. SCAMMERS.

Purchased in November 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Jeff P.
Jeff P.Hunter Region, NSW

A good product let down and destroyed by auto renew

Jamie
JamieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible, cost a fortune and is extremely problematic.

Norton anti-virus and the accompanying VPN service along with the password manager have been nothing short of horrible. Customer service is useless. Main issue for me, among others, was setting passwords and then being locked out for hours despite being in contact with tech support. Avoid purchasing .... Waste of money. Find a free VPN instead and use Chrome password manager.

Purchased in November 2020 at Harvey Norman for $750.00.