Norton Anti-Virus

Norton Anti-Virus

See the Best Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Norton Anti-Virus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Changed my Auto-Renew settings without my consent.

Watch out guys - long time Norton customer here. They changed my auto-renew settings from 'never renew' to automatically renew and they also removed the setting to turn it off without telling me. What's more, they also upgraded my account from 'Premium' to 'Delux' without my consent. Now I need to wait 64 minutes for live online support to get to my ticket.

Purchased in January 2014 for $149.99.

Joseph
JosephSydney, NSW

Norton is rubbish I wont recommended to anyone

So hard to deal no customer service nearly impossible to download or renew new product keys In few words is a NIGHTMARE!!! It used to be good years ago when had a friendly interface with customer was easy to renew licenses U buy new licence and renew easy as that now you need to go around bushes need to put credit card details for auto renewal if not you cant do anything so annoying.

Purchased in August 2021 at Amazon for $60.00.

Adam
AdamSydney, NSW

Norton forces enter credit card entry and was not easy to upgrade

My experience with norton was when I had a software key, it forced me to enter my credit card details. When removing my credit card details afterwards, it placed blockers and alerts to discourage this.

Also. I've spend countless hours on lifelock support since the system could not handle one expiring license and one new licence added to my account. Could not be resolved

Purchased in April 2021 at Amazon.

Rajeshni P.
Rajeshni P.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst Customer Service

They are still able to get past expired credit cards to charge for auto renewals and they don't want to refund.

Very hard to contact. When contacted, the online chat guy says call this number because I cannot help, called, again the guy on the phone said my manager will call in 48 hours, but no response. Also I couldn't cancel my auto renewal because they website just does not allow - as soon as you click - it comes up with other things with no option to go past. The guy on the phone said he will do it for me but I logged into check after few days- it still was not cancelled.

Do not setup auto renewals. They certainly have deceptive & dodgy practices.

Purchased in June 2013 for $135.00.

Fahd R.
Fahd R.New South Wales

This is the worst company you ever deal with

This is the worst company you ever deal with, they have ripped me off twice, first time when I linked my master card second time is when I bought download key and would not work, when chatting online the tech just hacked to my laptop and try to sell membership yearly to me instead of solving problem, when I said I think about it he just hanged up. Worst experience.

Purchased in August 2021 at JB Hi-Fi for $69.00.

Nicole
Nicole

Kept charging my deceased husband and refuse to refund

My husband sadly died of cancer 3 years ago. I have just found out that NORTON has been auto deducting from a cancelled credit card for 3 years, and won't refund. Now I apparently owe the credit card bill because it was in my name as the primary card holder. NORTON are happy to charge deceased people and widows who are left as single mums. they wont refund me, even though the account is in his name

Purchased in August 2021.

Sunny
SunnySouth East Queensland, QLD

Norton set up their website in a way no one can contact them

I have purchased Norton's Lifelock (5 device, 2 years) in January. It came with $30 cashback promotion. I lodged the claim. They confirmed the claim with lodgement number and I haven't heard from them ever since. I tried to contact them in March but there's no contact I could find after searching for nearly an hour. I tried to contact them in separate occasions but never succeeded to contact them. I finally found an email contact today. I'm interested if they will reply. Time-waster for $30 but I just don't like dishonesty and how they make it difficult to contact them. I'm now looking how to NOT renew because Norton set it up with auto renew at the activation.

Purchased in January 2021 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics.

Linda
LindaGippsland, VIC

Slows your computer down

Slows your computer down and corrupted some of my software from working properly. Be aware if cancelling your subscription 2 months into your 12 month subscription you will not receive any refund at all. Most dissatisfied!

Michael
MichaelWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Failed to protect my pc

My pc was hacked yesterday and now I cannot access data on the drive. The hackers managed to turn off windows defender and Norton 360 was no protection. Do yourself a favour and consider any other security system.

Purchased in March 2021 for $99.00.

Mackay
MackayCentral Queensland, QLD

I have been with Norton Now I have changed

This is why I have changed I want the right to be able to pay when I want to Quote By subscribing, you are purchasing a recurring subscription which will automatically renew after the first term.

Purchased in November 2019 at eBay for $49.00.

Wm333
Wm333

don't waste your money

I have subscribed to Nortons for many, many years. I read a NY Times Wirecutter article stating that the Windows 10 Defender product is better and free and already on PCs and to save your money. I had recently renewed my Nortons subscription and rang and asked for a pro rata refund. They advised that their policy is they don't give refunds outside their grace period. I asked to speak to a supervisor. Not available.

Purchased in May 2021 for $79.99.

Ben W
Ben WSouthwest, VIC

Deceptive company

Self installed on my pc without permission. Must have piggybacked the install file on an update or something. Underhanded business practice, if their ethical compass says this is ok I'd hate to think what else theyre doing and I 100% would not trust their program to protect my computer.

Pollster
PollsterSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst customer service experience I have ever had!

Fear mongering and constant upsell popups have gone spammy beyond imagination.

Paid for a full year's licence yet it pesters me with daily upsell advertising and slows my system down into the stone age. Intrusive fear mongering pop-ups like "Are you online? Your personal information could be exposed?" Really? Why did I buy Norton then? Oh, right, you want me to buy Norton VPN. Can't wait for my current subscription to end.

Purchased in August 2020 for $239.00.

Worst customer support I have ever encountered.

Spoke to a technical support worker who wasted an hour of my time. Then assured me that I'd get a phone call in 24-48 hours from someone who can help. Phone call never came. I continued to have serious breaches to my computer's security. I called back after 3 days of not hearing anything. Spoke to same person who said there were no notes on my case file (her fault) and refused to transfer me to her supervisor. Said she'd arrange a 'callback' again for the manager and whoever can help me with my major security issues. Just pathetic. Waste of money.

Purchased in January 2020.