Norton Anti-Virus

Norton Anti-Virus

See the Best Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Norton Anti-Virus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

difficult company

Norton's are so secure , even we cant get in.

Keep an eye on your automatic annual renewal, they triple last years subscription, in the hope you won't notice.
Their chat service is just a defense to deter you.

Purchased for $220.99.

Iggy
IggySouth East Queensland, QLD

It only works once

I uninstalled Norton 360 just to try another antivirus and have been unable to reinstall Norton on the same computer. I have tried everything on the Norton website and web page. I even had a Norton tech try to fix it with no success. If this is how you treat your customer's I for one won't be back

Purchased at eBay for $27.00.

Automatic renewal without consent

I signed up to a one year Norton subscription 4 years ago. However Norton has kept charging me automatically for the last 4 years without my permission or knowledge and without me using the product. I only realised after seeing the deduction in my bank account. I only give them 2 stars because they offered a one year refund when I sent them an email regarding this. Still a waste of $300.

diane
dianeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No Service

I am a current customer Norton customer. The subscription price has nearly doubled in three years. There is no option in my account to arrange a different plan. I needed to fill in a form just to obtain a contact number for service, which then continued to hang up! The form then wanted feedback to which I gave zero, and a reason. It wouldn't allow the form to submit. We will be going with Bitdefender.

Purchased in July 2010 for $175.00.

Products

Find out how Norton Anti-Virus compares to other Products

Peter Pan
Peter PanSydney

Poor Customer Service

I have purchase the product key from a retailer and try to update my subscription. There is no where on the site to update the product key, only renew the subscription from Norton. I then installed it from the CD, but the subscription date is only 1 year. As my previous subscription still got 1 month before it expires, I expected the expiry date should be 1 year and 1 month. I contacted Norton. The customer service was terrible. The agent told me to download it again, but I told him I have already downloaded it. I got the same problem last year and the agent simply updated the subscription date, but this agent simply hung up on me. Terrible service.

Martin
Martin

Sour taste left

The Norton name was, in their day, synonymous with quality utilities that worked. My experience has been a bit less than that-
1/ Potential virus but accessing 'free' tech support available at the time yielded zero response. Found my answers searching the www instead
2/ Inflated renewal pricing - refer other reviews below
3/ Just found out that the backups created over may years contain all invalid files after a hard disk crash. If you are using these features, make sure that they are really working, the green tick I'd been paying attention to was meaningless.

Trev
TrevGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Norton Renewal Scam

Purchased a 1 year subsciption to Norton Premium 5 device anti-virus.
Actual product works well including backup (much better than other ones I have tried)
Discovered that upon renewal (which was 3 weeks before the expiry date) that I was charged 149.99
No mention of renewal pricing anywhere.
Current pricing listed on website 89.99
This appears a blatant attempt to rip customers off.
Contacted the call centre who very quickly provided a refund $75.

Sam
Sam

Too expensive but only last 1 year no good quality

Before it was good now could not stop pop ups and viruses

Now may need to think about alternate as their custumer care is too bad never call back even taking phone numbers.

Marew
Marewasked

IS there a physical Australian postal address where I can send a complaint to Norton? A post office box would do.

Barko67
Barko67asked

I have recently installed Norton 360 Premier on an older laptop which previously had Trend micro (with no problems), but now every time I shut down or sleep the laptop on restarting or resuming the clock has reset to when the computer was initially set up in 2008. Does this happen to anyone else and how do I fix it?

gerry161
gerry161

Most likely you CMOS battery is dead, that keeps your date and time and trickle charges when the PC/Laptop is switched on. However they do have a shelf life, 5 to 10 years. They can be bought on the internet but some are not easy to locate as they can be tucked away.