4Novalac Allergy

Novalac Allergy Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Novalac? Claim your listing.
Tshegofatso M.

My child is on novalac allergy for 3 weeks now. She is developing rash is it normal?

Tshegofatso M.

My daughter is on novalac allergy she is pooping almost after each feed and the poop is very smelly and watery. Is it normal?

Olly

How long has she been on it?
Is it possible there’s an ingredient she’s allergic to?
New formulas can take the stomach a few weeks to settle.

Tshegofatso M.

She has been on it for 2 weeks.

donna
donna

Hey, has anyone’s babies had issues with Constipation with this formula?

Louise L.
Louise L.

I am struggling with a runny tummy and horrible bum rash that is bleeding and i dont know what to do cause the milk is working so well for colic, reflux and gas

Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.

Has anyone else noticed that Novalac allergy has all of sudden changed the tin to have a paper label on and it doesn’t seem to mix very well? I have never had any issues with this formula previously but this is the 2nd tin I have bought now like this and it just seems different. Does anyone know if they have changed the ingredients or anything?

KatL
KatL

Yes! I was just noticing the same thing. I was searching to see if there was a formula change?

Denise
Denise

They have changed the ingredients....apparently it now contains maltodextrin rather than glucose.

Vi D.

My 3 month daughter has really bad eczema and has a suspected milk allergy. We’ve using Allerpro for the past week, but her eczema has flared up again. Looking into changing her to novalac. How long until I see a difference in her eczema on novalac?

NiviS
NiviS

Not sure about eczema but we noticed within 7 days that our baby was far less irritated

Olly

My daughters eczema went away almost immediately after starting novalac allergy but does come back in the heat sometimes

Vi D.

Oh, that’s good to hear Olly . My daughters eczema is all over her body. I hope novalac helps. I do think heat is a trigger for my daughter too.

Catalina Z.
Catalina Z.

My daughters symptoms of eczema, diahhrea and vomiting stopped within 24 hours

Vi D.

Wow, amazing! Thank you Catalina! I really hope it works for us too!

Joanne42
Joanne42

Just started my 3 month on this formula but she’s having more bottles then the tin suggest. Will this change?

Jumana S
Jumana S

Is your tin bpa free??

Hi guys
We have been using Novalac Allergy for over 12 months now, it was a game changer for our son and his cows milk intolerance, however now he is 18 months and we are looking to a suitable transition formula appropriate for his age group, wonder who has gone down this path and what options do we have, any information would be much appreciated!

Ash

I’ve been told by my pead to slowly introduce dairy as my daughter gets older and she should grow out of the intolerance and be able to tolerate cows milk. Have you introduced much dairy into his diet?

Rob Jay

Along the journey we have and when we do we really get to know about it with a toddler getting constipated, farting, stomach pains etc... So at the moment it's best we stay away from dairy products unless we are prepared to have a sleepless night with a child being unsettled.
What symptoms does your child display when you give dairy to them ?

Ash

She is nearly six months and we have been advised not to start any dairy products yet and when we do to start with something that has really well cooked dairy like a biscuit. It means the protein is really broken down.
Her symptoms are pretty much the same. Bloating, farting, screaming in pain. I’d suggest seeing a pead and starting a properly guided plan to introducing dairy. All the other children who I know with a CMPI have been guided by a pead and introduced dairy slowly and by 12 months or a little older were drink cows milk.

Rob Jay

Our son is 21 months now and we have moved to being able to give him cooked feta cheese without any dramas, we have seen a Pead and she has given us a vague set of instructions about reintroducing Cows milk, but somehow I think she's not doing enough to support us.

Ash

That’s disappointing regarding your pead. I’ve got to say ours has been amazing. Having said that he’s the second pead we saw, the first told us there was nothing wrong with our daughter. I’ve been told when it’s time the first thing with cows milk she’ll try is an arrowroot biscuit believe it or not.

Candice
Candice

Hello, my baby started on novalac alergy 6 days ago, after a suspected cmpi he also is medicated for silent reflux. He is 8 weeks old and has started sleeping through the night, his reflux has also gotten better.
The last two days he has had loose, diarrhoea bowel movements which are very smelly and yellow/brownish consistency after every feed.
Is this normal would it be just the transition period? Or mean it doesn’t agree with him.
Any advice would be appreciated

John
John

My daughter has been on this for 7 weeks now as suspected CMPI. First 2 weeks her bowel movements were like a green/yellow (foul smelling) but a peanut butter consistency. Passes wind that is very smelly also. Still does to this day. However, from about 2-3 weeks of the formula we have been experiencing constipation. Paediatrician provided a script for another formula but my LO went back to the same pain she was in before formula. So we have gone back to this formula but this constipation problem is concerning. She has been on coloxyl for a few weeks no improvement. So back to the paediatrician to discuss other options.

Ash

Constipation is an issue with this formula but my lead suggested Actilax and that’s made all the difference. Being a rice based formula it’s more likely to constipate sadly.

Melissa
Melissa

My 6 month old with CMPI and reflux has mix feeds. During day when on Novalac Allergy is always spewy. After BF is not spewy. Everything else seems better but is the spewing normal?

Lauren K
Lauren K

Just started my 5 week old on Novalac allergy as my pediatrician believes she may have a cows milk allergy. She is not finishing full bottles, seems settled enough, gags/ reflux even up to 3-4 hours after a feed when she’s in bed. It’s only day 2 for us. Does this get better and will she get use to it?

Dani
Dani

Im breastfeeding mostly and giving this formula to my baby 1-2x/day, but sometimes he passed very smelly poos/farts. Does anyone know why?

Miss2222222
Miss2222222

Formula can cause smellier poos and farts. If not caused by the formula it may be your diet. Oranges and eggs can cause breastfed babies to have smelly pops and farts. Hope this helps

SJG
SJG

Hi all my LO is confirmed CMPA has been on novalac allergy for 2.5 weeks now and is still having daily green diarrhea. Any bubs had a similar experience? Did it improve after 3-4 weeks?

Kate

my Bub 1.5 weeks, same : hard n green poo when use novalac allergy. it seem still bad aczema...

Rio Immacon B.
Rio Immacon B.

Hi same here,
I started bub with novalac allergy today, for eczema seems that he poop like diarrhea yellowgreenish bub is mixed feed. How long do we expect poop will be runny?

Kate

My Bub 5mnths having bad aczema. Using Novalac same yours symptoms . Around 4wks the poop get normal

Rasha D.
Rasha D.

Hello, my 5 months daughter started novalac allernova 5 days ago and her stool is still Grey greenish.. any idea how long does it her to have normal poop?

4wks get normal from my Bub

Emily L.

My 4 wk old refuses this formula due to the taste. Previously on novalac reflux and breast fed, knees to tummy and rash has subsided after 30ml of this formula but will not accept a bottle or more then a drop. Foul taste even when halved with breast milk and mixed. Cries and despises it however my milk supply is drying up. Please help, what did you do to get your little one to accept this formula??

Grace S.
Grace S.

Our speech pathologist recommended putting a few drops of mayple syrup or alcohol free vanilla essence to start and gradually dropping it as baby gets used to the taste

Emily L.

Son (4 wk old) and will not take to this formula going on day 2. Knees to tummy subsided, rash has settled etc but despises the taste.. cries and turns it away even when halved with breast milk and mixed. Please help, what did you do to get your little one to accept? Milk supply drying up.

Hoorash
Hoorash

My problem with novalac alergy is that it causes teats blocked!!!
I make it at temperature 40 and shake it for at least 1 minute.
This is really a problem when my baby is crying and I have to change the teat during feeding.

Alice
Alice

My baby was prescribed Novalac HA but he seems to be reacting to it. He has only taken it for 2 days and he seems to have abdominal pains, distressed and passing alot of wind. Has anyone experienced this?

Jodie U.
Jodie U.

Yes! Went off it for a while for this reason then reintroduced it today and our 8 month old is upset and windy again. We’ve been using Karicare Soy just trying to keep it to a minimum hence also using the rice based Novalac formula. But, think we’ll just have to stick with the soy!

Tash
Tash

Do you guys use room temperature or warm water when mixing the formula ??

Sue Y.
Sue Y.

Is there anything in novalac allergy That would affect someone who was hyper hyper sensitive to amines please?

أم م.

What formula did u use pls? because my daughter had reaction to amino acid formula .

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Novalac? Claim your listing.