4Novalac Allergy

Novalac Allergy

4Novalac Allergy
3.9

73% · 4612 · 19%
Brand Manager for Novalac? Claim your listing.

Jacinta M
Jacinta MAlbury10 posts

Good product for babies with allergies

This formula is quite pricey but it is a crucial part of a little ones fiet if allergies are an issue.

Gluten free rice based formula that is simple to use.

I like the leveller on the inside of the lid.

Bub is not convinced on the flavour yet.

The water does seem to need to be quite hot to fully dissolve the formula

Alison E
Alison EAU3 posts

So far, so good

This formula is a life saver. Bub has an allergy to cows milk protein and reflux. We've tried so many formulas- s26, S26 LI, aptamal allerpro, and most recently neocate with little success. We tried neocate for 2 days after a week on novolax allergy as we heard it might not have the same nutritional value but bub went back to his old self, choking and sick after feeds and generally unhappy. So we've reverted back to novolac, bub is alot happier and reflux is under control. Its early days but hoping he continues to improve.

Only downsides on this formula is he has one, fowl smeeling green cement like poo every day but doesn't seem to annoy him and the formula itself is most expensive on the shelves at $36

Becca
BeccaSydney, NSW7 posts

Had to write a review to help parents out there!

I dont usually write reviews but i would love to help others that went through a similiar situation after trying 6 different formulas and finding out my baby girl had a cows protein allergy i had her on allerpro aptamil she was ok on this but very gassy her poos were very smelly and her farts smelt like poos she was also vomiting and spitting alot and wasnt a sleeper i was convinced my baby just didnt like to sleep

After switching to allergy novalac (heard about it from a waiter at a cafe who swore by it) my little one was a different baby she sleeps so.well now shes so much calmer.no more smelly farts no more resettling over and over we are both sleeping alot better and she just is an all round happy calm baby thank you novalac!!!!

Deb
DebGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC8 posts

Peter Michal
Peter Michal9 posts

great formula jsut a little thick

my son is lactose intolerant and this formula was great when he was a new born but as we increased the formula amount i noticed it was too thick to go through the teat and i wasted loads of money on new bottles tryuing to find something that he could drink from. not only that but it was very difficult to find in my chemists so i had to change formula

skyla6161
skyla6161Bendigo4 posts

Great allergy formula

Formula is easy to prepare as long as you use hot water as it can be hard to mix. Make sure you clean bottles straight away because formula can leave residue on bottles otherwise. Baby loved the formula however after 10 days was evident that baby was allergic to rice also so had to change to elemental formula.

Michelle
Michelle

Great product

After trying different formulas this is the best. My daughter has a milk intolerance and has a hernia due to constipation. Since changing to this her bowels are regular and she is a happier child. Took about 3 weeks to turn things around but she is much happier so we are happier

Samal B
Samal BAU

Life saver for me and my baby

My dd has allergic to dairy and soy and tried different non dairy and soy formula she couldn’t tolerate them but Novalac Allergy is the best she loved it and having it since then without any issue. I can’t express my feelings on words because it save my life. totally recommend to patent with dairy and soy allergic baby

Nikki J
Nikki JAU8 posts

Good formula

This formula has been great with dealing with bubs reflhx as he doesnt vomit as much anymore. He took to it straight away. It is quite expensive though and is a nightmare to prepare as you have to have warm water to have it dissolve properly. Ive also noticed bubs poos are more smelly now and green and watery however it doesnt seem to affect him. Not sure if thats normal or not

Michelle S
Michelle SCarlingford3 posts

Baby had an allergic reaction

Bub is highly allergic to dairy, eggs, soy and nuts. This formula is meant to be allergy friendly however bub had a very nasty reaction to this formula. I had also tried tasting the formula to test the temperature before feeding bub and there is a very artificial metallic foul taste.

BK15
BK15Melbourne12 posts

No complaints

I used this for my baby who was allergic to dairy and soy. This is made of rice. he was absolutely fine with it. Another positive was that it didn't smell horrible like some of the other formulas out there. Would definitely recommend it to any baby who has a dairy allergy and is looking for alternative.

Chicko Roll
Chicko RollQueensland4 posts

Love it!

This is my number one go-to baby product. After trying countless baby formulas, we found my baby loved this one. This product is perfect for babies with sensitivities & food allergies to standard dairy based formulas. No more hives and rashes after feeding. My baby actually enjoys feeding time now. Win-Win!

Nicole.F.
Nicole.F.3 posts

Fab product

We went from standard dairy based formula to rice as he was super comsipated and in pain. Since changing to Rice based, with in a few days he was not conispated or in pain and was and still is regular.

I find it a little hard to prepare correctly as it doesn't really disolve correctly in warm water only hotter water. This is the only disadvantage and over time simple to over come.

Can not recommend it enough! No more rank smelling poo!

Rozzie T
Rozzie TSydney3 posts

Ness
Ness

Life saver!

This formula has been such a life saviour for bubs number 3. after trying many formulas Our baby was on a antihistamine daily to stop the hives ect. After exploring months of options a health nurse suggested this formula and I tell you it worked wonders! Bub took to it straight away! No more rashes or unsettled, sleepless nights!

Leanne
Leanne2 posts

Lifesaver formula

We had a screaming baby in so much pain all of the time and being treated for acid reflux with PPI medication.. Then my bulk billing GP said diary intolerance (not paediatrician who was paid $$$$ up until then) - we raced to the nearest chemist which had limited non diary options.. so we grabbed it in desperation and my poor little daughter who had struggled for seven months instantly stopped crying.. and has never looked back. She immediately started thriving and is all align with where she should be now.. I am so passionate about recommending this product! Any baby that is struggling with the cows milk protein or even being showing signs of reflux should try this. This is a lifesaver product..

Baby Formulas

Find out how Novalac Allergy compares to other Baby Formulas

Cynthia Carter
Cynthia Carter

My son had eczema & constipation & vomiting before switching

No side effects. He has thrived he was vomiting, had bad eczema and constipation on every other brand. We tried them all I was unable to produce enough milk so this was a godsend.. it can be hard to find so stock up when you see it. It's great for food sensitivities. He sleeps through the night and is now at 97% for his age he was only 60 at birth. Ezcema gone and is a happy baby so glad we switched.

Mel S
Mel S10 posts

A lifesaver - best formula for my girl

My daughter has suffered with a constant runny nose, eczema and sleepless nights since switching to formula 6 months ago. She is now 10 months old, and within a day her snotty nose cleared up and her eczema is clearing. She has a cows milk protein intolerance. Formula is a little more $ and needs to be shaken for 30 seconds but oh so worth it. My baby is happy!

Sings
SingsSydney4 posts

Good for allergic kids

We are using this formula for over 2 years now. This makes a good contribution in calcium needs of my daughter. This is very easy to make like all other formulas, comes with a measuring scoop, just add 30ml water & 1 scoop. My daughter usually drinks about 120 ml in 1 go - she likes it & this makes her full & set for the night. I noticed weight gain came on track after she started taking this, otherwise was going underweight since birth.

Only downside is it is not available in woolies or coles.

Vaisu
VaisuMelbourne5 posts

Good Formula

This is boon for allergic kids. Preparation is very easy once scoop in 30 ml water. My little one likes it very much. It prepares thicker than our previous formula - Aller Pro 2. my child is gaining good weight since we switched on this formula. I did not see any side effects.

Laura
LauraCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC15 posts

Great

Our son was on Neocate but began rejecting it at 3 months of age. This formula tastes quite bitter but in comparison to Neocate its a lifesaver. You don't need a script but its a bit pricey. So glad we found this product... although our son still does vomit at times (but this could be more to do with reflux).

Titchbublez
Titchbublez

Excellent formula! Toddler now sleeping through the night!

Excellent formula for babies that are intolerant to cows milk...my lil guy was 11mths old before i tried this after having him Aptamil Allerpro. He was waking 2-3 times in the night with wind ...since he was a baby he had only slept through the night 5 times! Two weeks after being on Novalac he is sleeping through the night with no wind at all! Also seems much more settled and calmer. Very impressed and highly recommend. My only concern is that Glucose Syrup is the first ingredient.....

brmda623
brmda623AU11 posts

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Novalac? Claim your listing.