3Novalac Colic

Novalac Colic Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Novalac? Claim your listing.
Riana B.
Riana B.

Hi, my 3 month old is drinking 120ml currently. She developed reflux recently. She was on Novalac AC for the past 2 months and it went well, however now she brings up most of her feed. Started her on Novalac SD a day ago and the cramps are back and she seems constipated too. Can I mix 2 scoops AC and 2 scoops SD in one feed?

Rebecca A.
Rebecca A.

Every baby is different. My suggestion is don’t do anything without consulting your doctor or your child and family health nurse. I went through 6 different formulas with my baby. We finally got onto Kericare and haven’t changed since. He is almost 16 Months and never had any issues.
Please speak to your doctor before doing anything

Nazmira P.
Nazmira P.

Hi
My baby is 8 weeks old and is on novolac AC
His really struggling with colic. But with the milk he seems to struggle more. After drinking he gets quite severe stomach cramps and finds it hard to poop as well. His cries in pain and does sleep well then. What should I do

elyar626
elyar626

Hi Nazmira, as soon as our baby experienced the stomach pain, we used prune juice, mix with plain water. Then he was able to poop. Hope it helps.

Martin C.
Martin C.

Novalac ac only goes upto 12 months. What must I use for my baby older than 12 months? He turned 1 year and non of the other brand of milk seems to work..

AEHW
AEHW

Does this formula solved or work with gas problem?

Stephanie
Stephanie

It sure does. Worth every Penny

Jess
Jess

Hi, my baby is 4 weeks old and we have been using novalac colic for 2 days now and his gone from pooing 6-8 times a day to now hasn’t pood for 2 days.. should I keep it up or should I stop and change to something else? He is also breastfed at night still.
Thanks!

Megan
Megan

Stop immediately!!! I honestly don’t know why this formula is on the market. Poor babies.
Get him some Coloxyl Drops, this is a soft laxative for babies, it will help him pop. And definitely get a different formula. Our paediatrician put us on Aptamil AllerPro SYNEO 1 0-6months. Highly recommend. We’ve had no issues. It’s a gentle form of cowsmilk which make it easier for newborn babies to digest. Don’t choose any formula with word ‘gold’ on it. This is just added iron and again really hard for NB stomachs. Good luck.

Micaela
Micaela

Does novalac Ac Drops the babies weight?

Catarina P.
Catarina P.

How many scoops do you put in a 360ml bottle

Taylor B.
Taylor B.

It’s one scoop to every 30mls, wel that’s what it says on my container! :)

Khadija M.
Khadija M.

12 scoops

Yara b. Rached
Yara b. Rached

After how many days of using novalac ac i can feel difference in my babies attitude?

Andrea J.
Andrea J.

U have to use any formula for atleaay 2 weeks to c change

tripper69cjt
tripper69cjt

Wondering if it's possible to use the Colic and Constipation formula at the same time?

For example... 1 bottle feed of Anti colic then next feed 1 bottle of anti constipation?

Sally B.
Sally B.

I have the same question.
Little one has been on Novalac Colic for about a week with vast improvements, I actually have a happy baby but her poops are getting thicker and I want to avoid constipation.

Farah B.
Farah B.

Hi, did this work for you? I am feeding my baby novalac reflux and he has slight constipation so wanted to feed both alternatively.

Jana B.
Jana B.

Hi, is Novalac AC the same as Novalac colic as shown on the picture? The packaging looks a bit different but I assume it’s the same? Thank you.

Jess.C
Jess.C

Hi, im just about to start my 4 month old on novalac colic and i was wondering how you prepare the milk. Do u prepare bottles with boiled water and store in fridge so when its time to feed heat the water in microwave and mix in formula?

Sally

My 15 week old baby has had severe colic since day one and due to this she suffers with silent reflux. I am treating her reflux with baby gaviscon and milk of magnesia to keep her tummy regular (as gaviscon could constipate her) . I recently changed her formula to Novalac AC and am yet to find a major difference (only 2nd day in), she is however falling asleep during the feed and I am battling to wind her. She is using Dr Dr Browns colic bottles. Not sure if this is a good thing at this stage, as I sleeping colic baby without burping is potentially a dangerous one. Anyone else experience this and left them to sleep and had no problems?

Robyn2
Robyn2

Give her infacol before her feed. $12 on special at woolworths at the moment. Also feed her sitting up as best you can to help with the reflux.

Sally

Thanks Robyn. Infacol did not work at all for her. Feed her sitting up and pace feed.

Marzieh F.

My baby had very bad colic,from Monday she start novolac colic ,She is really happy now,but from today she got very bad constipation, what should I do?should I change her milk?

Kate
Kate

Hello Marzieh, Yes, at first my daughter got the same, she had constipation for about a week then her bowel went back to normal. I'm pretty sure for that week I gave her a little bit of baby laxative to help her through that week. My daughter is 9months tomorrow and it still using Novalac colic.

Marzieh F.

Hi Kate,today I saw little blood in my baby nappy,it's very bad constipation, I have to change the milk.

Danie N.
Danie N.

hello my baby is on novalac premiem symbiotic and before she was on AR but it didnt work for her she was on IT1 before but throwing it up now she dowsnt like the taste of premiem so i wanted to know she drinks IT1 ,can i mix one scoop with the premiem everytime or is the novalac one milk sweet like IT1? thank you

Elaine
Elaine

My baby is on Novalac colic but still remains to get gas which make him cry so much and unsettled and is now constipated. Can I use novalac constipation formula for every alternate feed?

Barbara Kirkby
Barbara Kirkby

I would recomend to change the formula.
I have used both novalac colic and my baby still having a lot of gas and got constipated badly. He used to cry so much. I decided to buy Novalac constipation and after using 1 or 2 days he started to get runny poo every 2 hours.
I believe every child is different but this was my experience with both products.
I have change the formula to A2 1 premium. With this formula my baby is really happy.

Jahowa I.
Jahowa I.

Hello. Doctor said my baby has colic and suggest us to give novalac ac.my baby was too gassy and he could poo every 5 to 7 days. He was breastfed baby. Anyway, after having novalac, Its symptom improved and his discomfort also improved. But the problem is he has now constipation. His poo look like small stone. Only two days, he is having this formula. Shall i continue or wait for few days? Adding extra water while preparing his milk?Thank you

Val
Val

Bubs gets constipated and very colicy and doesnt sleep through the night can i do one-two feedsof novalac constipation a day, colic for the remaining of day and dream sleep for night feeds???

Taz
Taz

I wouldn't use two formulas unless you are transitioning from one to the other (and then I did a ratio per bottle). I would try infants friend with every feed and a probiotic... thats what we ended up doing and it was a winning combo for us thankfully.

S Sajjad
S Sajjad

Novalac Colic makes baby healthier & gain weight?

Hi s.sajid

I heared that.but worse part is constipation.some people said that constipation goes when baby get used to.BUT my answer is no.it didn’t go.it worsen.

As you consern about wt gain.i think every formula does that.your baby wt increase within days.

Ross W
Ross W

Is novalac colic the same as novalac ac in the uk?

Iqra

I really have no idea dear.

Sanjana
Sanjana

Hi I’m a 6 month old baby mom my baby is not gaining weight I’m looking for some formula which help my baby to gain weight can u help me which novolac is best for my baby?

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Novalac? Claim your listing.