Novalac Colic

Novalac Colic

2.5

• Breastfed Child Yes · No (67%)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (100%) · No (0%)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (25%) · No

Robyn2Western Australia

Constipation

We were put on aptimil in the hospital and that caused massive reflux problems. Changed bubs to the colic novolac and it was great at the start had no prob with bubs taking the formula, it was staying down and we seemed to be able to burp her without problems. But then the constipation started....it is currently so bad now that her poo is rock hard pebbles that absolutely stink!!!
We are having to use stomach calm and laxative drops in her bottles but 2 weeks has passed and still its TERRIBLE! We even had to use a enema to help her along. Changing to a new formula tomorrow.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$32.00.

Breastfed Child No
Easy to PrepareYes
Caused Unease / Sickness Yes
Kiri B.

Kiri B.South East Queensland, QLD

Not suitable

Bought this as I was told by our paediatrician that baby has colic. I read the reviews prior to purchasing, and spoke with thr pharmacist and she recommended novalac. Our baby enjoyed the taste, no issues drinking, however didn't agree with him about 10-15 mins after finishing the bottle, tummy pain and constipation. I was constantly having to give him water with brown sugar and other natural remedies to try and get him to poo. Constant battle.

Purchased in October 2019 for A$31.00.

Breastfed Child No
Easy to PrepareYes
Caused Unease / Sickness Yes

Sallyasked

My 15 week old baby has had severe colic since day one and due to this she suffers with silent reflux. I am treating her reflux with baby gaviscon and milk of magnesia to keep her tummy regular (as gaviscon could constipate her) . I recently changed her formula to Novalac AC and am yet to find a major difference (only 2nd day in), she is however falling asleep during the feed and I am battling to wind her. She is using Dr Dr Browns colic bottles. Not sure if this is a good thing at this stage, as I sleeping colic baby without burping is potentially a dangerous one. Anyone else experience this and left them to sleep and had no problems?

Robyn2

Give her infacol before her feed. $12 on special at woolworths at the moment. Also feed her sitting up as best you can to help with the reflux.

Sally

Thanks Robyn. Infacol did not work at all for her. Feed her sitting up and pace feed.

Marzieh F.asked

My baby had very bad colic,from Monday she start novolac colic ,She is really happy now,but from today she got very bad constipation, what should I do?should I change her milk?

Kate
Kate

Hello Marzieh, Yes, at first my daughter got the same, she had constipation for about a week then her bowel went back to normal. I'm pretty sure for that week I gave her a little bit of baby laxative to help her through that week. My daughter is 9months tomorrow and it still using Novalac colic.

Marzieh F.

Hi Kate,today I saw little blood in my baby nappy,it's very bad constipation, I have to change the milk.

Danie N.

Danie N.asked

hello my baby is on novalac premiem symbiotic and before she was on AR but it didnt work for her she was on IT1 before but throwing it up now she dowsnt like the taste of premiem so i wanted to know she drinks IT1 ,can i mix one scoop with the premiem everytime or is the novalac one milk sweet like IT1? thank you