Novalac Colic

Novalac Colic (page 2 of 7)

4.3

• Breastfed Child Yes (50%) · No (50%)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (100%) · No (0%)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (19%) · No (81%)

Very happy baby

My baby used to get terrible wind and was constantly unsettled and irritable. I had to give up breastfeeding and feed Bub formula. My baby took to this formula straight away. No wind or other digestive issues. Baby is very settled and content on this formula. Formula is easy to prepare.

Iqra

IqraSydney

Worst experience

Very bad experience.i choose this formula for colic relief but after using only 2 bottles it cause constipation to my baby.now she is more restless due to contipation.never recommend this formula to any one.its particles are not well dissolve as well.she is crying and crying but still no poo at all.

September 13th 2018 Update: Bad

I tried this formula for my baby after recommendation of pharmacist.but after having 2 bottles my baby get uncomfortable.she cried more worse than due to colics.i thought may be it will take time to settle down but my baby suffered constipation very badly.i can’t forget her discomfort face due to constipation.

Taz

TazPerth

Brilliant!!!!

The change in my baby after using this formula was instant. He is more settled and in less pain. Easy to prepare and whilst it does cost more than standard formulas...the fact that my baby is thriving and not in pain makes it worth it. Seems thicker than other formulas.. but he took to it straight away.

I love it! Did not work for Baby:'[

The formula is super easy to prepare love that it does not stink as other formula's.
Baby seems to enjoy it but she gets hungry more often as if it does not keep her full. (Hungry baby I guess)
She is constipated very badly but guess not all formula work for all babies.

Would Recommend if baby not to sensitive;-)

Mini B

Mini BWaterford West

Perfect is the best

This formula helped put weight on my daughter and she loved it there was no side affects with it. I recommend this formula to everyone who is having a baby or have had a baby. I found it also helped my daughter stay fuller longer and she would sleep all night

AmieL

AmieLACT

Helped ease Colic and weight gain

We have a very small bub who had diarroheah on different formula and was diagnosed with Colic.
after 3 days we saw a positive change in our 3 week old baby. It’s been a few weeks now and he is much more settled but is starting to show signs of constipation.
We loved:
-smooth and dissolves really nicely
-bub was much more settled, less gas and irritability
-great weight gain since starting on it

The only negative thing is the constipation but we are sticking with it as it’s changed our bub for the better

Was disappointed after the hype

Did improve symptoms for a month there, then DD went back to how she was back to how she was before. Except now her reflux was worse. I also didn't like how specific it was to prepare making it hard to pre-prepare for Childcare. I expected better for the price for 800g tin.

Nan

NanMelbourne

We didn't continue using it

Our baby had terrible colic so we tried this formula after speaking with our pharmacist. We thought it was good for the first few days, less uncomfortable wind. But then our baby suffered constant constipation - so he had a stomach ache of a different kind - so we had to change formulas again.

Keesha

KeeshaDarwin, NT

First time formula- thumbs up

After reading reviews and the thumbs up from a friend who is also a new mum, I gave Novalac a go as bubs is a windy baby and wasn’t getting enough milk from me (11 weeks old). Easy to prepare, bubs loves the taste and zero bad side effects. I have tried another brand, which he takes, but it’s much thicker and he prefers Novalac.

Find out how Novalac Colic compares to other Baby Formulas

Great for the tummy, terrible for the bum!

L F

L F

Really good for colic but makes baby constipated.

I was so happy with this formula. Bub's colic disappeared straight away. I then realised he had not poo'ed in days. While I'm told this is normal for a mix fed baby, I feel it is not, especially when they're straining. I decided to swap formulas for this reason. I do think it's excellent for colic though.

MnM

MnMAdelaide

Fixed gas but caused constipation

We changed to this formula because baby was extremely gassy and in a lot of pain. After a few days it’s definitely stopped his grassiness but unfortunately caused him constipation. Although this didn’t work for my bub, it definitely seemed like a nicer smelling formula and was thinner than another we were on. I wish it had worked.

Excellent formula

Formula is easy to prepare and doesn’t have a bad smell like some do. It’s light for baby and my baby has no digestive problems. Has helped with wind issues we were having. The formula seems to make it really easy for baby to bring their wind up. It is expensive but worth it in my opinion

Roro

RoroSydney

God send!

This product is a God send! My babies behavior is a total flip around! She is sleeping, crying less and overall such a happy baby. It took a few goes with other formulas but this one sets the mark. Just accompany with some infants friend and some natural sleep remedies and I think it will work for all.

Moochie000

Moochie000Melbourne

Didn’t work for my baby

Didn’t work for my baby at all. Had to stop after 2 days as my baby was screaming in pain. Was constipated and made reflux even worse and did nothing for the colic. Just created other issues which was making it even harder. Every baby is different though so what works for some doesn’t work for others

Prankzter

PrankzterAbermain

Good Product

The formula seems to be a good product and easy to mix, unfortunately this was one of the many we tried whilst trying to ween my daughter from the boob. It was the only one we could get her to drink but unfortunately she would not take to it or any others we have tried so all I can say is that it must taste ok as it’s the only one she would take from the bottle.

Casey

CaseyAuburn

Lifesaver

This novalac colic baby formula was a lifesaver for me, my daughter had no issues changing over it is easy to prepare and it seemed to fill my daughter and her colic was gone within a month of using her formula with the correct anti colic bottles like Dr browns

Grace

GraceTraralgon

Can't fault it

My baby suffered horribly from colic and bad wind pains. We started using Novalac Colic formula and the change was instant. She stopped crying from her wind, was audibly burping and enjoying bottle time. Because of this she began to sleep through the night too. I cannot speak more highly of this formula.

Mellzy

Mellzy

Best we could find

This formula worked great for my reflux twins. It’s the only formula we could find that would not play havoc on them and they would be so calm and content after a bottle of this. It made me feel so much better knowing I was giving my babies the best nutrition they need.

KellyMelbourne

Easy on the tummy

I changed to this formula after baby suffering terrible wind pains and bloating. I found novalac colic immediately reduced the amount of wind my baby was producing. The only side effect is that he can become constipated so I need to offer cooled boiled water between feeds to help this. The formula mixes well but is very messy to clean off bottles - tends to stick and has a ‘claggy’ consistency. Overall very happy with this product.

Marzieh F.asked

My baby had very bad colic,from Monday she start novolac colic ,She is really happy now,but from today she got very bad constipation, what should I do?should I change her milk?

Kate
Kate

Hello Marzieh, Yes, at first my daughter got the same, she had constipation for about a week then her bowel went back to normal. I'm pretty sure for that week I gave her a little bit of baby laxative to help her through that week. My daughter is 9months tomorrow and it still using Novalac colic.

Marzieh F.

Hi Kate,today I saw little blood in my baby nappy,it's very bad constipation, I have to change the milk.

Danie N.

Danie N.asked

hello my baby is on novalac premiem symbiotic and before she was on AR but it didnt work for her she was on IT1 before but throwing it up now she dowsnt like the taste of premiem so i wanted to know she drinks IT1 ,can i mix one scoop with the premiem everytime or is the novalac one milk sweet like IT1? thank you

Elaine

Elaineasked

My baby is on Novalac colic but still remains to get gas which make him cry so much and unsettled and is now constipated. Can I use novalac constipation formula for every alternate feed?

Barbara Kirkby
Barbara Kirkby

I would recomend to change the formula.
I have used both novalac colic and my baby still having a lot of gas and got constipated badly. He used to cry so much. I decided to buy Novalac constipation and after using 1 or 2 days he started to get runny poo every 2 hours.
I believe every child is different but this was my experience with both products.
I have change the formula to A2 1 premium. With this formula my baby is really happy.