2Novalac Sweet Dreams

Novalac Sweet Dreams Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Novalac? Claim your listing.
Sarah J.
Sarah J.

My 6 month old uses novalac allergy , am I able to use sweet dreams at night or will that upset him ?

Cat T.
Cat T.

Is your baby allergic to cows milk protein? It so, then the sweet dream range will not be suitable. I found out my boy is allergic to dairy that’s why any cow’s milk formula would him major stomach upset along with all sort of other allergic reaction.

kate j.
kate j.

My babie is nine months so I wanna try they milk, because the one I use to give her I think it's making the tummy to constipation now an then

Shaylene S.
Shaylene S.

Can I use Novalac SD during the day too? My baby loves the taste.

Claire L.
Claire L.

Hi is there any other formula for hungry babies?

Toni M.
Toni M.

Hi is this formula only for night time feed? I've been alternating with breastfeeding diring the day also... is this ok?

Juliet C L.
Juliet C L.

Hello
I try this brand today
I just want to ask why look like sticky the milk.

Elle.L
Elle.L

I think because it is fuller. Infact the scoop is bigger than the normal can scoop, so therefore the mixture will be much more dense (the baby’s stomach will take more time so digest it)

Hanna
Hanna

Could Novalac sd cause reflux in 4 month old baby

Nat
Nat

Did anyone find that their baby put on weight when drinking this formula? I’m scared as my bubs drinks one more bottle than recommended (5 instead of 4) every 24hrs. PED recommended this formula to slow his weight growth but can’t reduce that one feed (even after introducing solids) wondering whether this formula will chunk him up more. 5 months already 10kg

Anna P.
Anna P.

Can I feed this with my normal formula? I am feeding my 8 week old nan 1 at the moment but I want him to sleep longer during the night! Can I just feed him the sweet dreams for his night feeds only?

Renee

Yes you can. I use aptamil gold plus during the day and novalac sweet dreams at night under my doctors instructions.

Casey M
Casey M

Hi,

We are using Novalac Colic and love it! - Screaming turned into happy Baby wishing 2 days.

However we are now having problems with constipation and also waking up frequently through the night wriggling and grunting.

Wondering if we should alternate the Colic formula with the constipation AND a sweet dreams bottle of a night? Is 3 too many formulas to be using?

Advice please ☺️

MuntZ420
MuntZ420

More the better

Liz.alfie.baby
Liz.alfie.baby

Can I swap between novalac constipation formula and sweet dreams?

xFlossy
xFlossy

Yeah, I used to use the reflux one during the day and sweetdreams at night.

Nom
Nom

My baby is 4 months now, born at 28weeks, she's on Nan Pellargon. Suspect reflux as she normally split too much after every feed. She hardly sleep at night too n cries a lot. Can i use Novalac SD at night n Nan during de day? Or should i change de formula completely?

Annett
Annett

You could try it, however, SD is not a reflux formula, it helps babies feel fuller for longer.. Novolac have a reflux formula as well. Maybe try that one.

lana
lana

I used it for day and night my baby loved it. But as it became too expensive went on to karicare no problems at all she is now 9 months

Marieta

Our grandson is 4 months.He is on RA because he reflux.He refuses to drink his milk for a couple of days now,He sleeps very little and is always hungry but still refuses to drink his formula.He is a big baby weigh over 7 kg.Can you please give some advise?

FMR
FMR

Hello

I would definitely suggest your grandson go and see a doctor as soon as possible. The doctor may give your grandson some medication or may refer your grandson to a pediatrician.

Hope all goes well!

Marieta

Thanx we made a appointment

Marieta

We took him to the dr.Nothing wrong.We changed the AR milk to SD milk and he drinks his whole bottle every time.Can we give SD to him every time through the day also?

Radha
Radha

How much quantity of this should give for the first time for 5 and half month old baby.ratio should be how much water & powder?

Ebe

It depends on your child. My baby is five months but feeds regularly so drinks less than the recommended amount but drinks more often. The recommended amount is for four bottles a day of 210ml water and 7 level scoops of powder. My baby has more than four bottles but only has the 150ml with 5 level scoops. Essentially it's one level scoop per 30ml of water. Hope that helps.

Renee

Always follow the instructions on the tin.

salomie
salomie

Can it be harm full to a 9month old baby if one gives her Novalac no 3 instead of Novalac 2- no 2 is out of stock in all secunda shops

Ebe

This is something you need to ask your pediatrician or gp.

Nay
Nay

My baby suffers from constipation and silent reflux. I've got him on Novalac constipation as a regular formula and just started giving Novalac sweet dreams one bottle before bed to try and extend night feeds as at the moment feeds every 2-3 hours at 6 weeks old. Is this ok to try?

Ebe

It should be fine. They're designed to be used together. I used to do it the other way and give my son mostly sweet dreams with one bottle of constipation a day. My daughter I was giving Colic and then one of sweet dreams but I've now moved her solely onto sweet dreams as she's a super hungry baby (she's 16weeks). Watch your baby to see how he responds. Some babies have a sensitivity to having more than one type of formula on the go. Both my children have been fine. Just see how you go. Good luck.

Brooke Cogan
Brooke Cogan

Can you give one bottle of this before bed but keep using a different formula for the day?

Hi.

If it's the same brand then it shouldn't be a problem as the formulas are intrinsically the same with only slight differences and designed to be used together if needed. For example, the constipation formula is designed for baby to have one or two bottles a day on top of their normal other Novalac formula regardless of whether it's reflux, colic or sweet dreams. It wouldn't be a good idea to do it if you're using a different brand as it may cause tummy upsets and unsettledness as the other formula you use may be significantly different in composition, such as the type of milk powder they use for instance. All the best. I hope that helps.

AM89
AM89

My baby is currently displaying all signs of reflux so we have just bought Novalac AR to try instead of the standard s26 we have been using. He is also a very hungry baby so it possible to use Novalac Reflux in day and SD for his night feed?

Ebe

Yes you can, but you probably shouldn't. It's generally not a good thing to have two formulas on the go. Maybe try the SD and see if that helps at all and if your baby is any good with it. My pediatrician told me that reflux is incredibly uncommon (only like 3% have it) and most babies actually have colic or a lactose sensitivity. He said too many people refer to any issue babies have as reflux. This all came about because I suspected my new daughter had reflux (and we thought the same about our son too, who is now 16months). He put us on a probiotic to help gut health, told us to try Infants Friend and had me on a lactose free diet just to rule that out. Turns out it was just colic and her being a super hungry baby. It's a pain to deal with, and she cries a lot and doesn't feed particularly well sometimes (she's worst between 4:30-8:30pm and 5-10am) but she is getting slowly better. My son didn't tolerate the reflux formula very well because it's so thick and it made him choke and gag. We then swapped to the SD and that made a huge difference. Try one and see what happens, then try the other if the first doesn't seem to be working very well. Good luck, I hope it all improves for you.

Hi

Can u use sweet dreams all day long or just for night feeds?

Ebe

We used it all day with our son and never had any problems. Our son was a very hungry baby and it's the only thing that would satisfy him. Our little girl is only very young and has just started having a bottle at night before bed so I can get some undisturbed sleep. With the formula she will sleep soundly for hours, with my breast milk she will only sleep for 1-2 hours at a time. Just make sure you give your child a probiotic, infants friend or the like once a day to ensure they don't become constipated (which can happen on any formula). Hope it all goes well for you.

FFR
FFR

Can you use novolac sweet dreams for day feeds?

....
....

Hi, I used it for both day and night feeds when we were using it, it gave a much fuller tummy and a much more settled bub for us

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Novalac? Claim your listing.