NRMA Car Insurance - Comprehensive

NRMA Car Insurance - Comprehensive

AdrianW

AdrianWSydney, NSW

Lazy tax - big time

Just got renewals for my two vehicles, a 2010 Honda CRV and a 2012 Kia Grand Carnival. I am a good driver with a very limited claims history and no recent claims history. I live in a good suburb. One car is garaged and the other kept in the driveway. Both vehicles probably worth less than $10k. In each case the premium was over $1,000, even with "loyalty discounts". Very disappointing. Curiously, one of the vehicles, the older, has a higher premium than last year, the other a lower premium. I feel that I am being screwed for loyalty. I am not willing to pay over 10% of the value of an old vehicle for comprehensive insurance. I will be looking elsewhere. I will when renewals arrive be taking all my other insurances away from them too.

Car ModelHonda CR-V

daphne

daphneSydney, NSW

Threatening claims letter, lies and fear based

Car ModelMazda 121 DW

KahuSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not get Nrma car insurance!

Having never before had an accident in my 30 years I paid an excess but an excess $500 of what I agreed. They tried to make out they were doing me a favour however when I spoke to people actually fixing car they were dishonest. Hence I just changed my insurance. Do not recommend Nrma.

Car ModelHolden Commodore VE
Kahu

I had no choice on agreeing to access otherwise my car doesnt get fixed

Chloe

ChloeSydney, NSW

Has taken over a month just to get a quote on my insurance claim

Car ModelHolden Cruze JH (Sedan) CDX
Claim ApprovedNo

serps

serpsSydney, NSW

Called the police first, NRMA second.

Insurance is not really about the cost of premiums. Insurance is about being able to rely on your insurer at your time of need. I just had my first car accident in almost 15 years, followed by road rage by the other party. The NRMA customer service officer handled my call with compassion and professionalism and kindly led me through the claim process. I was overwhelmed and distraught - NRMA gave me peace of mind, and that is invaluable. To have someone to support you when you need help, that's what insurance is about. NRMA knows how to do that well.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateNovember 2019
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Serps, thank you so much for the positive review! Glad to hear you are happy with your claims process and we were here to support you. ~Natalie

Andy PPSydney Surrounds, NSW

NRMA is a meagre shadow of its former self.

• +1
Car ModelJeep Grand Cherokee WK
Andy PP

Yes, why am I not surprised you didnt reply to my rebuttal to your claim? Why cant you answer a simple question?

I am ashamed to be with NRMA

Pricy but reliable

I had an accident and I was at fault. I paid the basic excess and didn't have any problem with NRMA. My car was fixed well though most of the repair shops from NRMA list have really low ratings, I could find one with high rating. Booking an inspection took a while they were busy. In the end it was good experience. But the policy is considerably more expensive then the others.

Flashinglight

FlashinglightSydney, NSW

Pathetic and treat their customer like dogs

Been with them over 8 years, haven't claimed in the last 3 years, this years renewal came in, over 30% increase in premium. Wth. Did a few quotes around, some are around half price. Thought they would value their poor loyal customer, so had a online chat, they could not even reduce the premium by more than 20 bucks in year, yup, you see it right, $20 a year. Thats how much 8 year loyalty worth to them. See yah later greedy halfwits. I have switched to another provider and wont be looking back.

will

willSouth East Queensland, QLD

After 28 years

After 28 years and an amazing amount of discounts and loyalty rewards they where $ 220 dearer than a comparable opposition insurance company for car insurance BUT I rang them and was told buy a person with a fake American accent that they where unable to give me a better price. I range another company (awarded in 2019 ) and change my 4 policies to them $ 600 pa, difference, so if they give you diamond, platinum or whatever great discount its all just smoke and mirrors. As the old saying goes shop around and keep them honest, cause they will prey on your loyalty, even though they dont repay the same - shame old friend you arent what you use to be ! Surely that after 28 years no other company would be able to get close, guess Im a sucker?

Matthew S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

I hope you aren't a victim too.

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party and Third Party, Fire and Theft
Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder No
Matthew S.

Funny how i magically got offered a payout this morning, still not impressed with the quality of service.

Car is still not assessed

All sorted, after five days car was assessed and now just waiting for the payment which I feel will take more than 2 weeks.

Ill keep you guys posted on the whole process.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Ian M

Ian MCanberra 2600, ACT

Frustrated with delays in getting repairs approved

We had had the car in with our repairer since 30 Sep (nearly 4 weeks) and we are still waiting for the NRMA assessor to provide approval so that the repairs can go ahead. Repeated calls have not been able to establish any timeframe for when the assessment will be completed.

Car ModelSubaru Forester
Claim ApprovedNo

Jun73

Jun73South East Queensland, QLD

No response for two month and unsupportive

Had car incident without my fault. Paid excess fee which can be refundable in future. Didnt get contacted by nrma for 2 month. So i gave a ring then the lady consultant kept request get an address of other party to get excess fee back no mattet what i said. Either nrma and i was not able to get the address. No suggestion given to ne if i asked about reporting to police or switch to another insurance company. She kept saying it is my decision to move insurance com or contract police. I talked to my friend for advice and gave another ring to nrma and a gentleman received my call and explained current situation and suggested me what we can do. Got address from police as suggested by gentlemen. Nrma need to educate staffs

Claim DateJuly 2019
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Jun, I apologise if it was not explained to you that we require the liable person's name and address and how to obtain this from the police. We need this in order to be able to hold them legally liable for any costs. ~ Jono

uncontactable unreliable and not supportive complete waste of money

Car ModelMazda 3

Highway robbery

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

If i could leave 0 stars i would.

Had a car accident wasent my fault, called up a day after gave them the police report number, and what towing company my car was held at , towing company called me wondering why nrma didnt come pick up the vechile a week later, 2 days before i was due to pick up my car was told i have to pay 800 excess, due to the police report jst being filed apprantly although they had 4 weeks to sort it out, if i didnt call they wouldnt of bothered to get a copy of the police report, called 4 times , on phone for over n hr got told they cant waive the excess, stood my ground, and micrously he could waive it, useless company, will be choosing another insurer when my policy is up .

Guri Singh

Guri SinghSydney, NSW

unreliable and unsupportive NRMA

Car ModelVolkswagen Golf 7
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Unprofessional

I have sent numerous emails questioning the increase in my annual policy. The reasons they presented regarding why my policy has increased, do not logically make sense. Instead of actually responding to my emails, they just ignore them. Very unprofessional.
NRMA gave me a blanket statement about parts being harder to source etc as well as other 'reasons'. My car is 4years old and one of the most common vehicles on the road.
If I take into account their 'reasons' for the increase, add on the common sense approach that market value DECREASES and that my details remain the same, logic says policies should stay the same as previous years. Not an INCREASE. From reading other reviews, seems like a lot of other people have the same complaint.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

nheinemann, the offer to discuss your policy further is open if you wish to contact us as advised above, thanks. ~Kaz

Lola

LolaSydney Surrounds, NSW

No option to give zero stars

Insurance TypeComprehensive, Compulsory Third Party, Third Party Property Damage and Third Party, Fire and Theft
Car ModelLand Rover Defender 130