NRMA Car Insurance - Comprehensive

NRMA Car Insurance - Comprehensive

• Claim Resolution Time3+ months (32) · 1-2 months (30) · 2-4 weeks (20) · <1 week (7) · 1-2 weeks (4)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (73) · No (33)

Adeoye a.

Adeoye a.Moncrieff 2914, ACT

I will advice my friends and family to stay away from NRMA, poor service.

My car was damaged on Monday and till today which is Friday, nothing has been done, no response from the repairer, I kept calling everyday and nothing was done by both NRMA, instant windscreen and the so called repairer called Bears.

JE A.

JE A.Sydney, NSW

Never ever with NRMA again

My car was damaged the other day by a severe hail storm; I eventually logged a claim online as I waited for hours on hold trying to contact them by phone and even went to a branch and it has now been three days but no one has contacted me about my claim or to arrange an inspection to have my car fixed!

Car ModelHyundai Accent
Geoff

Geoff

Crooks

Every year my car goes down significantly in value and every year my premiums rise. I am also led to believe that my so called loyalty/multi policy discount is worth a third of the value of my car! Upon asking for an explanation was given the usual crap spiel about formulas being complicated implying the average public won’t understand. We do understand and know full well when we are being taken advantage of. NRMA has treated us terribly over the 12 years of our policies with them (including a nightmare process when our car was stolen). These guys are a disgrace and I urge all people seeking insurance to look elsewhere.

Car ModelFord Escape

Utterly Disgusting

Claimant is the policy holder No

kezzaBrisbane

Cannot contract them to make a claim

I have been trying to help my elderly mother make a claim for two days now. Online Service does not work. Have to wait for hours to contact them by phone. Rubbish service. Her house is exposed to the elements, her car has no windows and I cannot make contract to rectify the situation. Just crap NRMA!

Car ModelMazda 2 DE
kezza

All good and well however your online services were all down as well. So people had no chance to lodge claims. You system failed and could not cope when it was needed the most.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

We are aware but unfortunately the system couldn't handle it. ~Natalie

Tony

TonySydney, NSW

Overpriced, so many options these days

Like every business in the industry the intent to help along with good services gets you in, however once they've made the money everything starts to drop, premiums are overpriced compared to others covering same thing. did a quick switch to another provider and saved 50 bux on my CTP and 200 bux on my comprehensive. NRMA has been good once upon a time but just too many options these days which are more affordable and if not better.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Car ModelHonda Civic 9th Gen Ser II
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Tony, thanks for your feedback and review. We know we aren't the cheapest but we do pride ourselves on being a premium insurer with premium coverage. I do hope your new insurer is able to meet your needs. ~Natalie

Loyal NRMA customer but their service has dropped massively!

Car ModelToyota Camry

Frank X.

Frank X.Sydney, NSW

NRMA claim is the worst service.

I had an accidence in August 2019 and made a claim. I have tried to call them for a few times. Everytime, they just lie to me and try to pursuade me to accept 50% responsibility with the other side of driver. I said no and they have left my case for 3months with no contact or investigation. I have drawn the photo, I have uploaded CCTV as evidence. I have another driver as my witness to support me. NRMA outsourced the claim department to Philippine , which has poor service quality and the staff doesn't understand Australian laws. Guys , don't use NRMA, they just charge us more with worse service .

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Claim DateAugust 2019
Shane

ShaneSydney Surrounds, NSW

Used to be good but not anymore

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Car ModelMitsubishi Lancer CJ
Liz

Liz

Quality, trustworthy, efficient.

Never have an issue. Had two not at fault minor accidents thought out my 5 years. Never a drama with them, pass on my infomation and they handle it very well and no stress on my part with claim. Had an issue where my driver side door glass smashed. Made a claim amd it was dealt with within the hour. Always helpful and friendly, never had to pay excess, reduced my cost no drama when I move cities. Really enjoy NRMA for their quality and trust

Car ModelMazda 2
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Liz, thanks for the positive review! It's great to hear we were there for you when you needed us the most. Stay safe on the roads. :) ~Natalie

LAKE

LAKERichmond-Tweed, NSW

NRMA - deliberately choose to ignore people to save a dollar

Insurance TypeComprehensive, Compulsory Third Party and Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle
Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelHolden Rodeo RA (2003-2008)
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim DateMay 2019

Anne TTasmania

I can't believe this process

Car ModelToyota Corolla ZWE211R (Hatchback) Ascent Sport

Jamie

JamieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Car Insurance: Doesn't contact you - dashcam footage the works no information.... hands you a bill!

Car ModelToyota Kluger GSU55R

Jessica

Jessica

Will take whatever they can from you

I claimed stating I wasn't sure who was at fault. I do not believe my claim was even reviewed before being chased for my excess. I was belittled for being in financial difficulty and eventually had to contact AFCA for assistance. IAG (parent company) stepped in and refunded my excess due to the mistakes made by the NRMA.
When I cancelled my policy because another insurer offered cover for nearly half the price, I was charged an extra month that I won't use due to having other cover plus cancellation fees.
So I had to pay over $100 for the privilege of leaving an insurer that can't process a claim properly.
Don't put yourself through the degradation my family experienced after making a claim.

Car ModelMazda 3 BK
Claim DateOctober 2018
Tom N

Tom NHunter Region, NSW

NRMA Premium price for terrible service.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelMitsubishi Triton ML (2006-2009)
TShaw

TShawSouth East Queensland, QLD

Loyalty Does Not Exist With This Company - Shop Around

Worst insurer

I have car insurance with NRMA. After getting a police report, witness statement for my car's hit and run where I was not at fault NRMA still charging me the $850 excess when I tried to pick up the car today? I spent 30mins+ on waiting on your phone line today only to be hung up on by an employee of yours AND after multiple requests to speak to a manager I still wasn't put through to one.

RubySydney, NSW

Not at fault claim

Car ModelHyundai Elantra
Claim DateOctober 2019
Ruby

Hi Jono. That link is for a Facebook page so where do I put my claim details.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hey Ruby. There should be a button to message us using facebook messenger ~ Lizzy

Great. Except the authorised repairer broke my transmission and charged Extra

Policy seems to be good value. Did get a few request letters from the insurance co. of the person I crashed in to. NRMA should have dealt with that directly. It forced me to make extra phone calls when I had done everything on my end.

AdrianW

AdrianWSydney, NSW

Lazy tax - big time

Just got renewals for my two vehicles, a 2010 Honda CRV and a 2012 Kia Grand Carnival. I am a good driver with a very limited claims history and no recent claims history. I live in a good suburb. One car is garaged and the other kept in the driveway. Both vehicles probably worth less than $10k. In each case the premium was over $1,000, even with "loyalty discounts". Very disappointing. Curiously, one of the vehicles, the older, has a higher premium than last year, the other a lower premium. I feel that I am being screwed for loyalty. I am not willing to pay over 10% of the value of an old vehicle for comprehensive insurance. I will be looking elsewhere. I will when renewals arrive be taking all my other insurances away from them too.

Car ModelHonda CR-V