NRMA Car Insurance - CTP Green Slip (NSW)

NRMA Car Insurance - CTP Green Slip (NSW)

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

1.7

• Claim Resolution Time3+ months (3) and 1-2 months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (3)

Motorcycle insurance was cheap

It was the cheapest quote for my bike CTP on compare the market. The person that i chatted to online was very patient as i worked through the process. Very happy with it.

Car ModelYamaha XVS1300
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Marko, thanks for your positive review! We try to be as competitive as we can with our CTP prices. Glad to hear our webchat staff were able to help. ~Natalie

Oliver

OliverMid North Coast, NSW

NRMA is always the most expensive!

I always use a comparison tool for my CTP. At 55 years of age with an ordinary sedan car, no convictions, no accidents and maximum no claims bonus I usually get a fairly good price from most insurers but NRMA is ALWAYS a total outlier. This year the NRMA quote for CTP is more than $230 more than GIO/QBE and AAMI. I won't join the NRMA, I won't use any of their insurances or products!

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Third Party Property Damage

GeorgeSydney, NSW

Slip on the face from NRMA

Been with NRMA For 12+ years
We spend a lot of money with them year after year and we never claim back, as we never involved in any accident.
In 2020 They tripled our Greenslip policy, so if the government tried to help small businesses. NRMA wanted to take that help.
My experience with NRMA is getting bad day after day, very budget call center and nothing solved. Then they thank you for being loyal.
Who do you think we are?
See below photos, nothing change in my end or location, only their price went up for no good reason.

George

how can i accses your face book?

Car Insurance

Find out how NRMA Car Insurance - CTP Green Slip (NSW) compares to other Car Insurance

koomugSydney, NSW

EXPENSIVE

I have a quote from another popular company for $416 but I decided to call NRMA because I want to support the company even in a small way because their share price is going down miserably and I happen to own some shares of stocks they gave me when NRMA demutualised 20 yrs ago. NRMA Online quoted me more than $700 for a Green slip. I called them and the best counteroffer they can make is $500+ IF I get a Comprehensive insurance with it, altogether costing me more than $1000. No wonder, the public has no sympathy for them anymore and their stock price going down the drain.

Car ModelHonda Jazz GE

Web chat marathon

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

So happy that you were able to find a solution Megan. We will pass on the great compliment to Mac for his customer service. Please reach out if you require any further assistance and keep safe during this difficult time ~Renae

Judi C

Judi CHunter Region, NSW

Very efficient

Been with NRMA for many many years. They are very customer focused. Very polite, very efficient. Have also been with Roadside assistance for 50 years, just couldn't manage without them. So polite and customer focused.

Car ModelFord Focus ST
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Judi, thank you for your review, we are very pleased you have been a long time loyal customer with us and we do appreciate your very kind comments, thank you again. ~Kaz

Otto

Otto

Low Lives

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Car ModelHolden Commodore VE
col

colSydney, NSW

Refund ??

I am an old pensioner I made a mistake by buying my CTP insurance from QBE and another from NRMA in July 2019 when I realise my mistake I quickly emailed NRMA to cancel the CTP with the reason, checked with Services nsw and was told they used the QBE and refunded the money to NRMA, I emailed NRMA Several times they have refused to refund my money.
Regards
Colin

Car ModelJaguar X-Type X400

365GWACanberra 2600, ACT

Slow, illogical, painful

Claimant is the policy holderNo
Claim ApprovedYes
365GWA

Are you saying that you need another insurer to show you how to do your job properly?
Noted.

Belinda

Belinda

Super Service

So happy with how quick and easy it was to organise a new policy over the phone especially during this difficult time in Australia. The girl went above and beyond to find out all information for me. Thank you.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Belinda, that's great to hear. I'm glad you were happy with the level of service you received and hope we continue to meet you expectations. ~Natalie

Kassie

Very poor service, don't choose NRMA!

Claimant is the policy holderYes
Claim DateNovember 2019

Poor customer service

Poor poor customer service. QBE are offering a better and cheaper CTP..NRMA did not want to match the price even though Ive been a customer for 8 years! The NRMA customer service person was laughing at me over the phone and continued to say that he respected my choice to move to QBE, which included moving my comprehensive and home content insurance. NRMA are a joke!

Car ModelHyundai i30
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Stephanie, thanks for your review. We are unable to price match as each company offers different benefits with their CTP although they may all look the same on the surface. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts. ~Kaz

Unzeet D.

Unzeet D.Sydney, NSW

Fastest phone pickup

Its already 25 mins and i am still waiting for them to pick my phone. Lets hope they will pick up today. Gonna post screenshot in every 30 mins. Cheers!!!

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Nrma home insurance unfair treatment

Car ModelHolden Barina
Loyal customer
Loyal customer

I am not on Facebook
Please contact me on email
Marciakensell@outlook.com

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Please send us an email to social@iag.com.au so we can follow this up for you. ~Natalie

SteveSydney Surrounds, NSW

Disgusting and disappointed with service

Claim MadeYes
Car ModelMitsubishi Triton MK (1996-2006)
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claimant is the policy holderYes
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Steve

I have spoken to claims and its waste of time now i am wasting more time no thanks
Still haven't heard s..t since my rant

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Steve, have you messaged our Facebook page yet? If not, can you please message us so we can follow this up for you. ~Natalie

Hammad

HammadIllawarra, NSW

Didn’t repaired my car and make me hold for so long and still do not respond to call..worse experience

I lodged the claim a month ago the driver at fault is insured with NRMA he did took the responsibility for that incident but NRMA didn’t got me any status till now and didn’t repaired my car, during a call they keep me on hold for so long and do not respond to a call...having worse experience with them

Car ModelMazda 3
Claimant is the policy holderNo
Claim DateMay 2019
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Hammad, I appreciate our Settlements line can have long wait times. As you are not at fault you can contact your own insurer who can act on your behalf and manage the claim for you. ~ Jono

Never answer the phone calls waiting online more then one hour...

Disgusting service 20 days renting a car from my own pocket to go work and more then 10 calls one hour each call different days, different time and guess what still no answer claim and quotation done at nrma request second day after the accident at their approved smash repairs shop but 15 days till now I don't know what to do keep renting car, are they going to pay me for the rent , are they going to fix my car or they going to pay me as cash settlement so i know what to do next!!!? . until they answer me I will let you know

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party and Third Party, Fire and Theft
Car ModelToyota Aurion GSV50R

Luciano G.Sydney, NSW

The worst experience never had!

I was involved three months ago in a car accident, since then no body has called me even if the claim fee was paid the same day. I called several times with no answers, only yesterday I've been at the phone for 3 hours in a row. My issue should be an easy thing, since someone dropped my bike while it was still in a parking. To sum up, in 3 months no inspection, no contact, no answer and my bike is still damaged.

Claim DateMarch 2019
CODY

CODYSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Without a doubt the worst Insurance company I have ever had the displeasure of associating with. You will NOT ever speak to an Australian person from the claims department which leads to often confusion and misunderstandings when discussing a claim. NRMA are sneaky with the wording on their policy disclosure statement and they will catch you out on a technicality where it can save them money. I've also never spent so long on hold in my entire life, I wish I could get all that time back. They find the most inconvenient times to return your calls (When and if they ever do end up getting around to it). If I could go back and choose a different insurance company I 100% would. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party, Third Party Property Damage and Third Party, Fire and Theft
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

On Hold for 1hr, still waiting

Above says it all, no call back feature available. Just sit and wait. Thanks NRMA. doing a great job, not. And if you valued my time like you say you do on repeat every 20 seconds you would do something about it.