NRMA Car Insurance - Third Party Property Damage

NRMA Car Insurance - Third Party Property Damage

Car Insurance Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of car insurance would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

1.3

PaulSydney, NSW

The worst experience!!

I Lodge a claim against (NRMA) her insurance claim on driver at fault who hit me backed into my car , But NRMA said I will have to go to my insurance

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Third Party Property Damage
Claim DateJuly 2020
Car ModelMitsubishi Challenger PB

[Personal Details Removed]

Amazing customer experience with KC

Cancelling and re-creating a policy with KC was a breeze and a great experience. I ave been a proud NRMA customer for 12 years now. Would recommend to anyone. Thank you.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Vladimir, thanks so much for the 5 star review! We appreciate it and glad to hear you had an amazing experience. ~Nat

Bal DSydney, NSW

Repairer stole car, NRMA zero care, time for ASIC Complaint

Claim DateDecember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Car Insurance

Find out how NRMA Car Insurance - Third Party Property Damage compares to other Car Insurance

BernieNorthern Region, NSW

appalling, would never trust them with our lives, livelihood and wellbeing

We are disgusted at the way we've been treated, particularly now, our phones and other items were damaged through a lightning storm in Feb and they still don't give us a response/resolution, my husband and I have health conditions and cannot communicate with health providers or specialist. We depend on friends or families to lend us old phones but have to return them or don't work at all.
We feel they don't care about us and have left us totally uncommunicated in case we need urgent medical treatment.

Insurance TypeComprehensive, Compulsory Third Party and Third Party Property Damage
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Car ModelVW

appalling, would never trust them with our lives, livelihood and wellbeing

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Full of promises, no delivery

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage and Third Party, Fire and Theft
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Car ModelMitsubishi Lancer

Sathish K.Sydney, NSW

Junk, run away from these jokers.

I had a to raise a claim with NRMA for my car damage (not at fault) but their assessment team was terrible in handling the case. The assessor contacted me when he was driving a car with a lot of noise in the background while in a hurry to go somewhere, very unprofessional and did not provide me proper information. He gave his mobile number for me to contact in case of any questions, I have tried like 50 times, never picks up his call, why give his no. in the first place? Their contact centre has no clue how to handle any escalations. To begin with, you also need to wait on hold for for an hour before speaking to someone.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hey Sathish. I can see that Natalie has offered to escalate your claim for you. We are unable to assist without your details. Please let us know if you would like us to assist you ~ Lizzy

Cars over 10years old

Policy monthly repayments rose by 30% in one year due whatever stupid algorithm they use to determine premiums. Customer service was woeful with conflicting information provided by the sales and claims teams. Despite having no claims on my history and removing a high risk driver from my policy the monthly repayments rose significantly from 2018-2019.

Screw nrma. Bunch of theives when it comes to cars over ten years old

Car ModelSubaru Impreza
Not Happy

Not HappyIllawarra, NSW

Terrible customer service so far

My car was written off 2 weeks ago and was not my fault. All I’ve got over the last three days is an absolute run around with NRMA staff giving me wrong phone numbers to their departments and when I ring I’m waiting around an hour to be answered.Today I rang the 3 rd number they gave me at 3.45 pm and waited 45 mins to be told again it’s the wrong number and so I rang the number I was told then waited 10 mins to be told that the department closed 10 mins ago, I just want to scream!!!!!! Absolutely disgraceful service for a large insurance company, I will be looking at other insurance companies in the future.

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Claim DateAugust 2019
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

The worst company ive ever dealt with.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateApril 2019
Car Insurance

Shocking servcie

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelToyota Aurion GSV40R

Sunset000Sydney, NSW

Disgusting customer service! Worst company!

You are warned! NRMA, all they care about is money, nothing else.
I have been with them for nearly 30 years, 7 policies I had with them over the years. Basically, everything was insured with them, eg home building etc. I transferred 4 to other companies in the last couple of months, because the poor customer services provided by their claim and settlement department.
I sold one of my cars last week. Today, I called and want to cancel the policy and I was told $30.00 cancellation will be applied. This policy has only just renewed on 25/02/2019, not even 30 days. I did not make any claim in the last 28 days, but I am forced to pay $2.50/per day for nothing. Is this reasonable?
What a rip off?! Think twice before you sign up!!!

Jane L.

Jane L.Sydney, NSW

Disgusting customer service! They don's deserve you!

Unfair and dishonest

I had an incident with NRMA client where the point of impact said it clearly that it was his fault. But NRMA was very dishonest and manipulated. Made up and dishonestly made decision. A dishonest company can never be trusted. Not Recommended at all. Firstly their service was very slow. I had to follow up many times. Secondly their decision is dishonest. And they call you throuh "no caller id" to notify. Shameful and very distasteful. All they care is their profit.

Car Model1998-2006 Mazda Bravo
Sherab
Sherab
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Sherab. Here is the link I meant to post in the previous comment, www.nrma.com.au/complaints-resolutions Follow the steps outlined if you would like this claim reviewed. ~ Jono

Sunset000Sydney, NSW

Extremely poor customers services from the claim dept