NRMA Car Insurance

NRMA Car Insurance (page 2 of 38)

Mathew

Mathew

Worst company

Worst company ever!
I have called them 3 times been on hold for 30 minutes each time, wrote 2 emails and never a response. Wanting a refund and they just keep ignoring me. I’m so glad I don’t have to deal with them again but still want my money back

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Nrma home insurance unfair treatment

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Car ModelHolden Barina
Loyal customer
Loyal customer

I am not on Facebook
Please contact me on email
Marciakensell@outlook.com

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Please send us an email to social@iag.com.au so we can follow this up for you. ~Natalie

Not good enough!!

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Belinda B.
Belinda B.

Not sure I should bother. We got contacted after filing a complaint with the ombudsman. Promised a phone call back by
last Thursday.....Still waiting!!!

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Belinda, if you haven't received a call back you were promised please message us on Facebook again to let us know so we can follow this up for you. ~ Jono

AJM

AJM

Ridiculous

PaulSydney, NSW

Another company goes overseas

I paid for NRMA insurance because it was Australian and they have sent the call center overseas. It is very disappointing to see all these massive companies trying to save on customer service with cheap labour in another country. I will be shopping around now.

SteveSydney Surrounds, NSW

Disgusting and disappointed with service

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelMitsubishi Triton MK (1996-2006)
Claim DateMarch 2019
Steve

I have spoken to claims and its waste of time now i am wasting more time no thanks
Still haven't heard s..t since my rant

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Steve, have you messaged our Facebook page yet? If not, can you please message us so we can follow this up for you. ~Natalie

Mishy

MishySouth East Queensland, QLD

Always helpful

Car ModelMazda 3 BN (Hatchback) SP25
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2018
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Mishy thank you for the great review. Sorry to hear about your sons car but I am glad we were able to complete the claim for you so easily. If you guys ever need anything pleas reach out to us so we can help. ~ Jono

Anthony

AnthonySydney, NSW

Poor service

I have 6 insurance policies and 3 memberships with the NRMA. I took my car to an authorised repairer to repair hail damage; once there I had to wait 9 days for the work to be approved. As a result the repairer provided me with a loner car. Two days later the loner broke down in the middle of a busy intersection. As I was after hours and the repairer was closed, I contacted road side assistance who refused to assist me; they put me through to the insurance Lodgement area, who’s only resolution was to suggest that I get a tow truck, at my expense to have the vehicle moved. The loaner car was supplied to me by their authorised repairer and the NRMA have their own towing service, yet no assistance was offered to me.

Frank X.

Frank X.Sydney, NSW

Extremely poor service

I have been with NRMA for a few years. I had a car accident last Tuesday and I provided a witness, footage, and Photos to NRMA because my car was towed. I spent one hour on the phone call waiting list and no one picked up my call.

Customer service

Have had a bad experience with an NRMA claim/repair. The assessor keeps delegating his job to the repairer who is clearly terrified. Have been trying to get a call back for over a week with no response. Have spent nearly two hours on the phone. I’ve been an NRMA customer for 20 years. They don’t care.

Car ModelVolvo C30
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2019

Ana.

Ana.Sydney, NSW

NRMA have LOST MY CAR!

Not Happy

Not HappyIllawarra, NSW

Terrible customer service so far

My car was written off 2 weeks ago and was not my fault. All I’ve got over the last three days is an absolute run around with NRMA staff giving me wrong phone numbers to their departments and when I ring I’m waiting around an hour to be answered.Today I rang the 3 rd number they gave me at 3.45 pm and waited 45 mins to be told again it’s the wrong number and so I rang the number I was told then waited 10 mins to be told that the department closed 10 mins ago, I just want to scream!!!!!! Absolutely disgraceful service for a large insurance company, I will be looking at other insurance companies in the future.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Claim DateAugust 2019
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Do Not Touch Them With A 10 Foot Barge Pole!

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Not good value for money in my experience

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Car ModelToyota Yaris
Chucky
Chucky
Quang Vu

Quang VuSydney, NSW

Bad service, irgnorent staffs!

Ramon

Ramon

Easy to deal with

My car was stolen and written off - Had no problems with NRMA and they towed the car, assessed it and then transferred me the money quickly. I was kept informed throughout the whole process and was offered a hire car free of charge.

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Car ModelHolden Commodore
Claim DateMay 2019
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Ramon, really pleased to hear you are happy with how we helped and completed your claim. Sorry it came about because your car was stolen. Let us know if we can help again in the future. ~ Jono

Sharon F.Darling Downs, QLD

Car ModelDaewoo Matiz
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateApril 2019
Maya Neda Fitton

The honest way was to advise me to consider the claim and NOT to go with it. Also I never received a quote. Not even when asked to see it.
One of the worst experiences - dealing with NRMA car insurance!

IronSydney

car value is going down, insurance cost is going up

My car was insured with NRMA for years. Each year the cost of the insurance went up by $50, despite getting a 'bonus' for being a loyal customer. Obviously my old car is worth less each year, so you would think insurance would be getting cheaper. I suspect the NRMA 'Loyalty Bonus' is really a bonus in their favor.

There was a not-at-fault claim during and NRMA were good at organising the car into a panel beater, but once it was in there it was all up to me to chase up a slow repairer (over the Christmas break).

Ranga Tangasked

Question about resale of flood affected vehicle.. I had extensive problems with my Navara after it was flooded and "repaired" by NRMA. After years of repairs i sold the vehicle. The new owner has contacted me regarding electrical and fuel issues that plagued the vehicle after your repaired it whilst I owned it.

Do lifetime repairs cover sold vehicles?
Will NRMA assess the vehicle?
If found to be flood related, woud it be repaired by NRMA?

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Ranga, we recommend that the new owner contacts our Claims Department: 132 132 and quotes your claim number. Our Claims & Assessing Departments will then correspond and discuss any concerns with the new owner directly. It will be for our consideration only. ~ Jono

Hey Jono
Not really in a position to provide details of claim to new owner as i didn't tell him it had been flooded, at your assessor's advice, and he pretty disappointed. Also wats the at your consideration only part?

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

If the new owner has a concern with any repairs we authorised under your claim, our Claims & Assessing Departments will consider whether or not he/she has a claim under our Lifetime Guarantee. ~ Jono

Shane J.

Shane J.asked

can i get a car if mine is being repaired

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Shane. If you have selected the Hire Car option on your policy then you are entitled to a hire car for 14 days while your car is being repaired for Non-Recoverable Claims. (eg if you paid the excess). If the other person was at-fault and you have provided their name and address or if you are claiming from our customer we may be able toa rrange one for you. Please call our claims number on 132 132. If you haven't paid for the hire car option we may be able to help you with a hire car at our corporate discount rate. Please call us on 132 132 to arrange.

Lisa V

Lisa Vasked

Once I have advised NRMA of hail damage, how soon do I have to have the car repaired?

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Lisa, it may depend on availability of repairers in your area. I would be happy to have someone from our claims team contact you to give you a more specific answer. Please PM us with your policy/claim details to our Facebook page via messenger: https://www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance/. Just let us know you're from Product Review and include your name, DOB, address and contact details. ~ Jono

Get an answer from our members and NRMA Insurance representatives

CategoryCar Insurance
Contact Number 132 132
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Home and Contents, Income, Life, Motorcycle and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensive, Compulsory Third Party (CTP Green Slip), Third Party Property Damage, Third Party, Fire and Theft and Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle