NRMA Home Insurance

NRMA Home Insurance (page 2 of 10)

JP rollerGordon 2906, ACT

Carport hail damaged - fixed

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2019

NRMA are a joke!

Dissatisfied

DissatisfiedSydney, NSW

Totally dissatisfied

After more than 20 yrs and multiple policies I had a claim rejected. I was sent a letter stating that I had withdrawn my claim. I asked 3 times by both email and phone over several days for a letter stating that my claim had been rejected as I needed to present this as part of my legal application against the tradesman who caused the damage and that and my solicitor was leaving to go overseas in a week and needed to present papers immediately.
I am still waiting.

Evgeny

EvgenySouth East Queensland, QLD

Very good customer service.

I have been with NRMA for a several years and VERY happy with them. Feeling I got is they trying to help you and looking after you. My recent problem was an aircon/heating ducted 20 kw system compressor failed ( burn out).
Called NRMA and within a week they paid me $9500 for the whole system replacement. I was really surprised how smooth and painless everything was sorted out.
Thank VERY MUCH NRMA.

Type of ClaimLightning
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMay 2019
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Evgeny, thanks for sharing your positive claims experience here. It's great to hear from someone who has taken up the optional cover of for Burn Out and experienced the benefit of it. ~ Jono

VijaySydney, NSW

Very Dissapointed

I am also disappointed with NRMA and their contractors MainCom. After over25 years with NRMA and with multiple policies and being a shareholder to boot I have found NRMA staff to be very inconsistent in their claim interpretationwith a lack of professionalism and utter disregard of taking accountability. No response to multiple phone calls, only promises of calling back but these were empty promises. Six months after the storm event and after a written agreement to the scope of works NRMA are now reneging on their agreement and want to cash settle for a pitiful amount. All I want is a repair to be undertaken. Perhaps going to to the ombudsman May be the way to go

Sue B.Sydney, NSW

NRMA Claims .. No Customer Service

Hi Jono
I've already received a reply from Level 2 Customer Relations.

Clint

ClintSydney, NSW

Just a complete joke

Claim DateJanuary 2019
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Don't do it, it's not worth the head trauma!

Contact phone number wrong, 28 minutes to get to the right department. Could not answer why builder has no scoped work. Waited another weeks till nothing tenants complaining about area damaged.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2019

Martin PerrySydney, NSW

Poor form NRMA

Martin Perry

Thank you Jono for your response, the frustrating thing is that even your own contents assessor and builder that you sent around said that it is an open plan area and the opening is not a door or architectural opening
Martin

Natalie

NatalieSydney, NSW

Worst company every, the media needs to know

Coverage TypeHome Only

Too Slow and Communication Issues

Claim DateDecember 2018

Louis

LouisSydney, NSW

They helped us when it counted the most.

Type of ClaimFire
Claim DateOctober 2018

Unhappy Customer

Unhappy CustomerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Over a month and counting getting a claim processed

We lodged a claim for a leak in our bathroom. We are 6 weeks into the claim processing process and still do not know if we will be covered. We have had to drive the claim to get to this point and are still waiting. We have not heard from our claim manager at all even after requests to call us back. We talk to a different person each time, no ownership or accountability from NRMA staff regarding our claim. The experience has left a very bad taste in our mouth and we are considering move our policies to another provider

Claim DateMarch 2019

OlgaSydney, NSW

$200 excess for $400 Contents claim

Type of ClaimTheft

ALFSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very disappointed with NRMA

Claim MadeNo
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Again, we are sad there isn't more we can do here. But let us know if you have any further questions around this process. Thank you. ~Jamie

StephanieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Home Claim

We have been with NRMA for almost 20 years. Very good in the past, but now unorganised, slow, complicated. I complained several times and was promised a supervisor would call me back about the delay of several weeks, even this has not happened. We are still waiting for NRMA to get back to us about the repairs. We are now seriously looking for a better insurance company.

Stephanie

I don't have a Facebook account. Can you please send another option to get in contact?

Unprofessional and disappointing

Type of ClaimFire
Claim DateSeptember 2018
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Jamie we did indeed take it higher and also lodged a complaint with AFCA which did speed things up but overall if I could give NRMA half a star I would

C HuynhSydney, NSW

Paid the excess promptly, but the repair by CCP Remedial??? ... still waiting 4 weeks later

Claim DateFebruary 2019
C Huynh

Well, I did PM on Facebook using the hyperlink you provided a week ago with my claim number. Guess what, I have not heard from anyone. Is this situation going to improve? Perhaps you want to provide anything more specific and direct?

mikeWANNIASSA

This company has gone down hill

Claim MadeNo
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

We understand Mike and appreciate this feedback. If you would like us to help follow up your concerns further, just let us know. Thank you. ~Jamie

enigma

enigmaasked

We are looking at buying a new house. The house has a carport and pergola (attached to the house) that were built a few years ago. The current owners of the property have advised both structures did not undergo council approval. We are not put off by this - we love the house, the structures look really well made and they certainly add value to the property. We would be happy to purchase the property but we are curious if NRMA Building Insurance would cover the house and both structures? Or would we be only able to list the house on the policy given the structures are unapproved? We can't find anything in the PDS statement that answers this particular question so any policy advice would be appreciated.

JP roller

Hi. Ours got the same, pergola and carport. Unapproved structure as a lot in Canberra. This wasn’t an issue.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Enigma, you will be covered - however, we would not rebuild or repair something not to council code. In this case we would either cash settlement for an amount or we would rebuild something that is council approved. Keep in mind a claim can be denied if damaged caused to the property was because it was not build to standard. Example being if the way it was built was causing water damage to the property - this could potentially cause the claim to be denied. Good luck with your decision & hope this helps! ~Natalie

Andy

Andyasked

Hi, after watching A Current affair this week on the indifferent treatment of some of your customers I have questioned whether I should stay with NRMA or switch to another insurer. I must say after reading this review site it does not give me much confidence.
Can you give me any reason why I should stay

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Andy, in relation to the customers in the program you’ve mentioned, we have apologised for the delays they experienced while we reviewed their claims and have now resolved the issues for both customers. When a customer suffers damage to their home we may need to use a variety of experts such as builders, roofers and engineers to assess some of our claims and to ensure the repairs meet building standards and regulations.

One of the customers' home had damage that had occurred over an extended period and was due to leaf debris blocking rainwater from flowing off the roof, made worse by previous poor repairs by her builder. This was highlighted by a previous claim they made a few years earlier. Where the repairs were also undertaken by the customer's own builders. We have now settled the claim for the internal damage and spoken with the customer about the repairs required to her roof to help protect her home from further water damage in the future.

The second customer featured on the program had pre-existing termite damage. The repairs done to this home was not to standard. This resulted in the roof lifting and further damage to his property. Our experts are currently reviewing the extent of damage caused by the termites. This will allow us to determine the next steps required before the repairs can begin.

Whilst any delays with home insurance claims are disappointing, if you are looking for a reason to stay with NRMA Insurance these are examples where we have chosen to extend our cover to situations normally excluded by home insurance policies. ~ Jono

Lozzaasked

When i phoned customer service for my solar system damage by a storm was advised to get a report from a level 2 electrition on damage then 2-3 replacement quotes for my claim. Only to be told when I rang back to lodge my claim nrma would be arranging a builder to asses the damage/replacement of my solar sytem then why did i get a report costing me $199? When nrma has to aprove the damage with there own builder?

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Lozza, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I can appreciate how frustrating this is to be told two conflicting things and have this additional charge. I would like to have this looked into and rectified for you. Can you please use this link to our Facebook page to reach out via messenger: https://www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance/. Just let us know you're from Product Review, include your original message and your claim number, DOB, address and contact details so we can contact the correct person in claims to escalate this for you. ~ Jono

Lozza

Thankyou for your reply, i will contact FB NRMA and hopefully i will have a better outcome. Lozza

Get an answer from our members and NRMA Insurance representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Contact Number 132 132
Online Live Chat No
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Car, Funeral, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life and Travel