NRMA Home Insurance

NRMA Home Insurance (page 4 of 11)

• Coverage Type
    • Home & Contents (47)
    • Home Only (8)
    • Contents Only (5)
  • Type of Claim
    • Storm and Rainwater (21)
    • Escape of Liquid (9)
    • Fire (3)
    • Vandalism/Malicious Damage (2)
    • Impact at Home (2)
    • Theft (2)
    • Lightning (1)
  • Claim Resolution Time3+ months (22) · <1 week (8) · 1-2 weeks (4) · 1-2 months (4)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (21) · No (13)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

BETMid North Coast, NSW

NRMA- This insurance corruption has to stop.

BET

Hi Locky. You certainly can help. Instruct NRMA pays me the original quote of $29,061.08 instead of wasting AFCA’s time and resources.

Jezz

JezzSydney, NSW

Poor service

So disappointed with NRMA still waiting for pergola roof to be fixed from hail storm in December. Seem to be trying to get out of paying so not happy and looking at moving all our insurance policies to another company. Ridiculous that we pay all the premium to have cover so they can try not to fix - shame on you!

Richard Olsen

Richard OlsenIxelles

An awful company to have contents with

JIN

JINSydney, NSW

My insurance premium has become rubbish.

Brian Nield

Brian NieldSouth East Queensland, QLD

Getting a home insurance policy.

We have had NRMA car insurance for several years and after an unusually large premium increase from our previous home insurer we decided to try NRMA.

Our first contact was by an online quote but I was unable to insure in the way I wanted because I was unable to find any place to buy content insurance and so I spoke to Donna on the phone. Donna answered all my questions and got me thinking about our home insurance and so we came to a good agreement about what we needed and what NRMA needed and we will buy the policy.

I have to say that Donna was easy to talk to, keeping me at ease throughout the procedure. You have a good employee there.

Justin

JustinIllawarra, NSW

Hopeless,Hopeless Rude and Hopeless

Has taken multiple phone calls,numerous repetitive conversations and frustrating misinformation to get where we are now with our contents claim.So its now over 2 months we are still waiting on a PC and have a new TV delivered which doesn’t work.So they me it’s now my problem,”you got your TV chase it up with the store,we don’t deal with stores”.... umm yes the store you ordered it from that I had no choice in ?
Absolute garbage service.Dont try the complaint service- no one gets back to you ....ever

NoraS

NoraSSydney, NSW

Disappointing.

RomaLithgow

Lack consideration for the aged

Jessica

Treated like garbage by customer service

Terrible claim service

My elderly parents have been with NRMA with multiple policies for 50 years (Gold members). Back in first week of November 2018 a car damaged their carport so that it is unsafe and they can no longer access their back yard. That day it’s was made safe by a NRMA subcontractor and then an assessor came out the following week to make an initial report. However, it is now mid January with no sign of repairs being planned. Total run around every time they call, promises to call back but never do. always says they are waiting for reports, give us timeframes but it never happens. So frustrating for my parents not to mention the total lack of loyalty for 50 year customers who’ve never made a claim.

Andrew

AndrewBrisbane

Couldn’t believe how fast the claim went through

4 years I had to finally make a claim on accidental damage to my laptop
I submitted the claim online at 9am
By 1pm I was down at jbhifi paying excess and collecting new replacement
Could not believe it so happy with the service

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Wow Andrew, that is very quick, so pleased to see you are happy with your claims experience and thank you for sharing! ~Kaz

HelenBowral NSW

No respect for loyalty

My annual premium is due & I got a request to pay just under $10,000 due to the new way they deal with storms/floods/rainwater run off/surge all lumped in together. Ridiculous! Who can afford that? What ticked me off most is I’ve been with NRMA for 21 years & have 5 policies and they didn’t care less when I said I’d need to leave because I can’t afford such a high premium up more than double from last year. No respect for a loyal customer. It’s all about profits not customers. Sad.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

We certainly do appreciate your loyalty of 21 years Helen. You have shown us great patronage, and we would be sad to see you go. If there is more we can do for you please let us know ~Renae

Pet lovers - review the policy

Absolutely disgusting our dog damaged our cedar doors due to being scared in storm. We had top cover so. Thought covered by accidental damage. Was told no but was up sold on their pet lovers policy to say if you purchase this upgrade on your policy you will be covered if it happens again - so we upgraded - it happened again 18 mths later only to be told covered by animals not living on premises as then pet lovers not covered by chewing -funny that conveniently not told that when sales person in claims up sold me on adding new policy - believe nothing they tell you - yes we need to read the fine print - no longer trusting we were in fact not told the truth!lo

Shannon

Escape of water claim terribly mismanaged

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Shannon, I have sent a reply to another review with the same notes. I hope we can get this moving along for you asap ~Renae

Shannon

Please also look at the rest of my reviews, they are mainly really positive. This is by far the worst experience that I have ever had as a customer.

Price jump by 50 per cent due to flood rezoning

They have recently increased premiums due to my adjoining properties being assed as flood prone. Only they don't flood, not now, not ever. Why? Because I owned them in Feb 2011 when the BIGGEST flood on record ever occurred and my properties did not flood. I told them that, they were the insurer back then as I have been customer over 11 years and no claim was made. They don't want to take notice of reality so I cancelled my policy with them. I suggest you do so too.

Disgusting service

Jenny DSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgraceful - They rip you off on your renewals

We have been with NRMA for some years, having 2 cars and our house and contents insured with them. One car renewal has arrived and it is substantially more expensive than last year. I then did a quote at my next door neighbors address and it was nearly $200 cheaper than what we have been billed. I called and asked why and the price was dropped about $40 because the system did not state that the car was garaged?? They ask these questions when you get a new policy and we have not moved. NRMA could provide no explanation as to why our house number is so much more expensive than our neighbors and are generally happy for me to take my business elsewhere (which I will be doing).

AnthonySydney

Disgraceful

Great experience

I have been with NRMA more than 10 years and never claim. I have seen previous reviews about bad experience when comes to claims. My personal experiences are great so far. Most of the time when i visit the shop or ring for paying my insurance, they did go through the insurance with me. So not sure why comment said they take money quick but dont pay claim. Only complaint i have is NRMA downsize their shop at penrith.

Karina

Karina

If it can happen it has happened to me. Approx 5 claims with NRMA and all paid.