4.4

84% · 1,154210 · 15%

Chantelle M.
Chantelle M.Sydney, NSW2 posts

Still waiting on a refund from 6 weeks ago

Very disappointed I have been waiting 6 weeks for a refund due to needing accomodation when my car broke down. Everyday I have been calling, you guys say you will call back but you don’t. Every time I call you can not find a solution to give me my money. You keep saying you’re investigating it. I’m not sure why it’s taking this long. I have been a long term member and seriously thinking I need to change providers.
Rachel
Rachel
markg
markg5 posts

Johan
JohanSydney, NSW

Flat Battery after an overseas Holiday

Call out on the 1/12/2023 - Both Daniel and Tim (Battery Replacement guy) was on the mark. Daniel inspected more than just my flat battery in my car, but unfortunately for me i needed to replace my aging battery. Tim on the other hand was speedy to replace it with a new one, Both gents were very courteous and friendly. NRMA take note - these are good guys !!!
Alexii
AlexiiSouth-Eastern Region, NSW67 posts
Paul R.
Paul R.Murray Region, NSW

Excellent service on a Sunday

Brad from NRMA Goulburn helped us get back to Albury. He was very polite and thorough in his assessment of the problem at hand. Thanks Brad.
Sue 157788
Sue 1577883 posts

Most benefits already redeemed although I have never been there before

When I went to restaurants and attempt to use the code to get discount , most of the time they already have been redeemed although I have never been there. I wanted to cancel it as my car company provides roadside assistance but I still need to keep the subscription for 12 months no matter what. So disappointing.
Emma
EmmaCanberra 2600, ACT3 posts

Ysabel
Ysabel

Great service thanks Nathan

Just Called NRMA road assistant, he was here in 5 minutes!!!!!check the oil and he took me to the shop to get the oil for the power stering!!!!...thats what i call great customer service thank you Nathan for helping me this morning ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
chris
chrisSouth-Eastern Region, NSW4 posts

Anne
AnneRichmond-Tweed, NSW14 posts

Shocking experience last night stranded and refused help by call centre

Got lost on a pitch black winding road in the middle of no-where as I was not familiar with the area and my GPS kept directing me to where the road is closed due to ongoing flood repairs. After many attempts at finding my way I phoned NRMA in desperation and complete panic explaining the situation and asking if there was a van nearby who could help me. In a situation which could have had devastating results (a tank near on empty also) the operator would not budge, completely refused to bend the rules by showing no compassion for a woman stranded alone and terrified on a deserted pitch black road. "Only for mechanical issues" was the answer and even when she attempted to read a road map had no idea anyway!
Louise W.
Louise W.

Fabulous service - don't leave home without it!

Required roadside assistance today. Fantastic communication and prompt attention. Locked myself out of car at shopping centre. Drove me home to get spare and back on the road in no time. NRMA you are a 5 star service. Thank you.
Leonie
LeonieSydney, NSW21 posts

Surprised and disappointed

My mother has been an NRMA member for 39 but has had to sell her car. She paid her annual NRMA membership - you can only pay it annually - and used it for 1.5 months. However she cannot get a refund even though she does not own a car and is never likely to again.
Alison Sydney Surrounds, NSW4 posts

****VERY DISSAPOINTED CUSTOMER ***

I've been a nrma road side assistance member for a long time.

I recently had my battery replaced by nrma battery team and straight after the battery was replaced I noticed the air conditioning was not working.

I took my car to a mechanic who said tge air conditioning motor had been shorted our during the battery replacement.

Over $1000 in repairs to replace the failed component caused by nrma and after sending them multiplication reports from the mechanic they are refusing to cover the cost saying they need more and more and more from the mechanic.

I should of just went to super cheap auto and got got my own battery.

EXTREMELY DISSAPOINTING CUSTOMER SERVICE

Alison

What's wrong Nrma you got nothing to say I noticed you haven't reached out because you got nothing to say

PRomeo
PRomeo3 posts

Very efficient and very polite

I just had an NRMA roadside assist come out as I had a nail in one of my tyres, the young man’s name was Juan he was very polite, I asked him to check the other tyres because I have never checked them only when I take the car for service they get checked. Thank you NRMA and Juan
Anne
Anne12 posts

Stellar Service - BVY68G

Car dash showing number flashing lights and making strange sound., Andy advised small part needed. To tow to house, then mechanic the next day meant would have to pay huge amt for second tow. Andy kindly suggested I come with him to buy small part nearby, we then returned, he fitted part and cleared the computer of fault. No need to go to the mechanic, nor be towed ever. He was so dignified, progessional and knowledgeable, such a credit to the NRMA. He said he had been there many years, and I complimented him and said he should be proud to be part of a hard to find excelent service, so well done. A wonderful experience, will forever be grateful to him.
Roadside Assistance Providers

Find out how NRMA Roadside Assistance compares to other Roadside Assistance Providers

Bebert
Bebert

Refund policy for unnecessary roadside assistance is questionable

I'd been an NRMA member and customer for decades and enjoyed being covered by a flagship provider.
My greatest disappointment with NRMA, after so many years, is having to continue paying for roadside assistance even after I've sold my car.
Over the decades of roadside assistance and membership, I hardly even needed to use the service bar on one or two occasions.
NRMA say their subscription is paid yearly, therefore I must continue paying for a service I do not need and they are unlikely to provide! Show reply
Simi
Simi4 posts

Daniel Woodberry- Exemplary Service

This morning we contacted Subaru who then directed us to NRMA roadside assist. Our car was dead and we had no way of getting into our vehicle. The fob and manual key were useless. Daniel came on time, and delivered professional service. He was able to pry open the car door safely, released the hood and further diagnosed the issue to a dead battery. He was able to supply a brand new one on the spot, with a 3 year warranty. All in all, Daniel's perseverance and great attitude helped him think cleverly and deliver outstanding service. Thank you NRMA. Show reply
Jean B.
Jean B.

Digusted I can't cancel

We sold a car and I rang to cancel policy, I was just informed that even though they removed car I need to continue to make payments until the annual review in Feb. Its an ANNUAL policy not monthly. Needless to say I will not renew any vehicles in Feb and go elsewhere.
Jess
JessCanberra 2600, ACT13 posts
Sandra M.
Sandra M.

Road assistance through car rental

Hired a car from budget/avis and Had tyre puncture in orange before drive back to Sydney .Got NRMA through the rental car .NRMA staff said they will come in 90 mins .after more than two hours they havent come yet,we called them and they said they updated the time to 4 hours without letting us know very dissapointed and bad service , highly not reccomended.
Rami
RamiSydney, NSW

Useless, incompetent, out dated mechanics

Called for assistance for my mercedes benz not starting, had to wait over 2 hours for someone to come out and tell me that the car needs to be towed without having a look at my car Besides trying a simple jump start and scratching his head

Never again better off going with a another roadside assistance company.

David Holden
David HoldenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA44 posts

lance
lance4 posts

Would help if roadside assistance was sort of timely

My partner recently helped an elderly gentleman who had broken down in the rain. From the initial call at 3:30pm it took another several calls to get a confirmation there would be a tow truck by 6:30pm. A return call at 7pm to be advised that a truck was an hour away, more follow up calls to then be ad ised at 8:30 pm a truck was an hour away.
In total 6hrs for nrma to pick up a vehicle and transport it 35km.
Thankfully he had premium roadside assistance and they at least organised a motel room for the night
Mrs
Mrs3 posts

Rubbish service and high wait times

Called for assistance at 10am on a Monday morning and waited close to 3 hours for some useless old man which still lives in the 70s to arrive in which he couldn't jump start my landcruiser due to his leads and booster were to weak apparently.

Use seriously need new staff and more people on.
Your HR department is a joke and useless to

Anytime A.
Anytime A.Sydney, NSW2 posts

Kyall
Kyall2 posts

Definitely better options for replacement batteries

Had a 3 hour wait compared to 10 minutes of a competitor. I had to become a member for someone to even come and the price for a replacement battery was ridiculously high. I didn't even bother with getting a replacement battery, I instead got a jump start.
Robert
RobertSydney, NSW

Fantastic service - worth every cent of the membership cost

The call centre representative was extremely pleasant and knowledgeable.
The service technician was friendly and extremely efficient and professional.
Just the peace of mind, knowing that there is this type of support in times of need is well worth the cost of membership.
Debra J
Debra J

Outstanding service

From the initial call to the end our dealing, NRMA Roadside assist was amazing. The gentleman on the phone was friendly, helpful and professional. Within 15mins, the 'hero' of the hour arrived. He was so friendly, informative and within 30 minutes had the brake lights working and then we were on our way. The whole experience was OUTSTANDING NRMA!
Peter T
Peter TSydney, NSW4 posts

Perfect service

My car had a flat battery and Nick from NRMA road side assistance was an absolute gentleman. The car had not been used for some time and he checked everything even put some air in the tyres. Show reply
Kaye Solomon
Kaye SolomonHunter Region, NSW2 posts

Mick's high quality of service in Forster

NRMA Roadside Assist sent their mechanic Mick out to Forster this afternoon around 4. I was massively impressed with his professionalism and capability. He came in 15 minutes and was very reassuring and calming. I was so stressed about the situation that I'd lost the car remote while waiting for him. He didn't treat me like a fool, he was very kind and patient. He broke into the car in 10 seconds, where I had a key, fired up the battery in a blink and we got it started. Mick has come before so when I saw him I was so relieved. I hope the NRMA appreciates the high quality of service he provides. If I could request him in future I would. God bless you Mick, you're an angel of mercy. Kaye ♡ Show reply
padani
padani4 posts

Not up to the mark

I have moved from budget to NRMA to see the same issue happening here also. On a fine day, I had a tyre puncture at the heart of the city, Called NRMA. It took more than 1.30 hours for them to come. After that I got 2 emails of saying sorry. That didnt help with my lost time. I dont know this will happen next time too. An awful experience in my case
Phillip Ryan
Phillip RyanSydney, NSW7 posts

Breakdown Saviour

We have NRMA Premium Plus. Last month we broke down 70ks outside of Woomera heading towards Coober Pedy exactly in the middle of Nowhere. Called NRMA spoke to Julie she could not have been more helpful and considerate to our situation. Organised a tow for our car and caravan approx 250ks. Then the follow up financial support for air tickets to Adelaide accommodation was amazing. Could not be more grateful for the HELP Thankyou NRMA Show reply
bobby p.
bobby p.

NRMA- A DEVIOUS PREDATOR

Issue a members card... you break down. Take your Credit Card details, bill you big amount, Then no tow Truck. You sleep on edge of road. A CON. Reporet made to Fair Trading NSW.... CLOSE THEM DOWN.
Carol
Carol17 posts

Never trust.devious

Never give nrma your credit card.a devious business.i have evidence to close them down
Eshan Hashem
Eshan HashemSydney, NSW

Pleased
PleasedSydney, NSW4 posts

Efficient, punctual & polite

Called NRMA for a flat tyre. Arrived on time, replaced the spare, advised the closest tyre repair shop and was on his way.Thank you NRMA.
Jono
JonoCentral West, NSW2 posts

No Assistance After Almost 24 hrs . NRMA, No Real Mercy Anymore…

Waited almost 24 hrs and had to cancel the NRMA roadside assist. First message from NRMA said arriving in 90 mins,then next 120 mins,then 180 mins,then 8am next day, waited to 11 am then cancelled,got tow truck elsewhere.
I will cancel the roadside assist.
PeterSyd
PeterSydSydney, NSW10 posts

Johnny
Johnny

Brilliant Service

NRMA roadside provide fantastic service. Had a flat battery this morning and they arrived within 15 minutes of making the call. The guy that came out was super friendly. And easy on the eyes which is always a bonus.
Have used them before and they always arrive quickly and get it fixed.