NRMA Travel Insurance

NRMA Travel Insurance (page 2 of 2)

International, Domestic

1.7

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (3)

Great service at claim time

This was my first time taking out travel insurance to cover me for sickness but first time ever my luggage’s was delayed and I was so happy with the claim process after I got back. Being jet lag I was so impress how processing the claim over the telephone was so easy and simple. The consultant was very helpful

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Durana, thank you for letting us know you were really happy with the service you received from the travel claim team, that's great to hear! We appreciate your feedback thanks so much again! ~Kaz

NRMA was awesome. Covermore as their underwriters, were NOT!

Sarahanne

SarahanneDenistone

Probably alright to use now.

No wonder the NRMA in Feb 2014 changed to the UK Great Lakes insurance for travel. Unfortunately we were probably one of the last NRMA's CGU claims that CGU dwelt with and we got the full treatment such as changing contact person three times, dramatically reducing what we got covered, wanting heaps of extra information, dragging out the process, etc.

Travel Insurance

Find out how NRMA Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Great coverage and value

I took out insurance for a trip to Queenstown. I could not fault the price and the coverage in the policy. It has better coverage than all the other travel insurance companies that I considered.

Insurance claim madeNo

Victor ASydney

Terrible service

Victor A

Great news for you Redback, congrats. Alas I was not so lucky. I got assigned some junior clerk at the Ombudsman who seemed more interested in closing the claim quickly than actually doing any investigation. They've now closed my case.

John Riboldi

John RiboldiSydney, NSW

Poor followup

I had booked a trip within Auatralia and as a long term NRMA member used them for travel insurance as I always do. Sadly my sister was diagnosed with terminal cancer and passed away with the rapid progression of the disease and I had to cancel the trip. My claim for insurance was rejected by CGU who are the provider (not NRMA who you book through). I was unhappy with the decision and the way CGU's consultant treated me in this difficult time. I requested NRMA to follow up on my claim and despite their statement of replying within a timeframe, they have never got back to me. Terrible service from a company that advertises its high standard of service; no wonder its review rating is so low.
Expected NRMA service
poor follow up serice.

kforman

kforman

Terrible

chriswiecek

chriswiecek

Poor cover and expensive.

Bought NRMA TRavel Insurance before my recent trip to NZ for myself and wife. Told I had $7000 cover for camera, lens etc. Not told of $500 limit per item. My elderly mother had a serious stroke a week before I left. When I enquired re my options I was asked if her condition was pre-existing and told I probably wouldn't be covered if I had to return home. Fortunately my holiday was fine and my mother stabilised but I was very disappointed with NRMA given they were far from the cheapest around and my years of insurance with them. I will look for another company next time.

Expensive, poor coverage

Insurance claim madeNo

jetsetter

jetsetterasked

NRMA Travel Insurance

Thanks for answering my question. My next question is this. When I renew our annual policy in May will we be covered for coronavirus or will you say that we bought the policy after coronavirus became a known event?

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi there, we are not a part of the travel team as they are a specialised area, please call the travel team on 1300 305 790 to discuss the coverage of your renewal policy. They are available 8am to 8pm every day to help. ~Kaz

Wayne Yasked

NRMA Travel Insurance

We have an NRMA travel insurance policy for a proposed trip to Europe in 3 weeks. We are travelling to Italy to board a cruise ship. Will be covered by our policy for medical expenses if we contract Coronavirus? ( the Australian govt smart traveller site has said to exercise caution in Italy) If we are not covered for Coronavirus medical expenses can we purchase additional coverage for this event?
Regards
Wayne

Hi Wayne!

In regards to medical expenses - as you have purchased the policy prior to the coronavirus beginning and before the caution was issued then you will be covered for medical expenses if you were to catch the virus on holidays.

Our travel policies unfortunately won't cover cancellation, we have a clause that does state - "We will not pay for claims caused by or arising from an Epidemic, Pandemic or outbreak of an infectious
disease or any derivative or mutation of such viruses, or the threat or perceived threat of any of these.” However - if you have purchased the Cancel-For- Any-Reason option which is only available at the time of taking out the policy then the team will have a look at the terms of your policy.

You can find out more information here - https://go.nrma.com.au/2PJ3CqR

Enjoy your holiday! ~Natalie

Wayne Y

Thanks Natalie. We spoke to an NRMA insurance representative face to face yesterday and they told us we have to contact Covermore insurance. We telephoned Covermore and they told us firmly that we would not be covered because the Australian govt had issued the Italy travel advice. We then cancelled our trip this morning as Covermore had advised we would be uninsured for medical expenses if we contracted Coronavirus. Appreciate your advice but really disappointed with Covermore.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Wayne, would you like us to follow this up for you? If so please send us a message on Facebook with your travel insurance details and we can ensure the correct information has been provided. ~Natalie

jetsetter

jetsetterasked

NRMA Travel Insurance

We purchased our annual multi trip policy in May last year. We are travelling to Japan next month. As this policy was bought long before the coronavirus are we covered for trip cancellation? If not are we covered for medical expenses if we catch the virus on our trip?

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Jetsetter! I'm sure you have been looking forward to Japan!

In regards to medical expenses - as you have purchased the policy prior to the coronavirus beginning then you will be covered for medical expenses if you were to catch the virus on holidays.

You can find out more information here - https://go.nrma.com.au/2PJ3CqR

Enjoy your holiday! ~Natalie

See all NRMA Travel Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and NRMA Insurance representatives

Compare all 5 NRMA Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Car, Home and Contents, Life and MotorcycleBusiness, Car, Home and Contents, Life and MotorcycleBusiness, Car, Home and Contents, Life and MotorcycleBusiness, Car, Home and Contents, Life and Motorcycle
UnderwriterZurichZurichZurichZurich
Emergency DentalUnlimitedUnlimited$10,000,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey $3,000$3,000Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$8,000$8,000$1,000Not Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimited$10,000,000Not Covered
Loss of Income$9,000$9,000Not Included$2,000
Permanent Disability$25,000$25,000Not Included$10,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $200$200Not IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $1,000$1,000$200Not Included
Credit Card Fraud$12,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$12,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$3,000 as part of Travel Documents coverNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport $12,000$12,000$3,000Not Included
Maximum Single Item Limit $4,000 (Cameras)$4,000 (Cameras)$200 (Any Items)$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $12,000$12,000$3,000$8,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000$2,500,000$1,000,000$5,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $4,000$4,000Optional Extra$3,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Optional cover for up to 200ccOptional cover for up to 200ccOptional cover for up to 200ccOptional cover for up to 200cc
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included