NUK First Choice Polypropylene

NUK First Choice Polypropylene (page 3 of 3)

4.1

• Bottle LeakageYes (1) · No (2)

taleena86

taleena86Australia

Terrible

disappointed that i spent over $80 on this set of bottles, and cant use them.
i then remembered i had the same problem with my daughter, but at least hers were the classic nuk bottles, so i just used other teats.
i chose these because they looked cute.
my baby could not suck from them. he sucks for an hour and gets only 40mls. today i bought avent, and he drank 80mls within 15mins.
cannot use other teats with this bottle

CremeEggs

Hi there. Have you tried to pierce the hole in the top for the anti-colic? I found that once I did that, the bottles were great and my bub can feed very easily from them.

piano_bouy
piano_bouy

i too had the same problem and piercing a hole in the teat still did not resolve the issue. i ended up going back to using tommie tippee bottles (and i dont like them, but what do you dowhen your baby is screaming cause they are hungry)

mimilozi84

mimilozi84

100% recommend this bottle and brand in general.. it is a bit pricey and very hard to find but its totally worth it.
NUK bottles are excellent! my kids adapted to it straight away no fighting or rejection.. and all my friends who have problems with their baby rejecting bottles i recommend the NUK and they thank me for it! the teat is the perfect shape for babies and toddlers. does not ruin their mouth structure like the ugly round ones!
leaks everywhere if its tipped over or shaken without blocking the hole but not a big deal they all do.

yingtzee

yingtzee

Good

Baby Bottles

Find out how NUK First Choice Polypropylene compares to other Baby Bottles

kwy16

kwy16

Though not the cheapest option, after hours of our baby fighting another bottle, he happily took to the soft latex teat, finding the design acceptable. He was changed to the silicon teat without too much fuss. Colic does not seem to be an issue.
Breastfeeding baby adapted very quickly to this after many tears and rejection of another bottle brand. The pretty designs on the bottles are a bonus.
The small 6-18month teats are phenomenally difficult to find, even in very large pharmacies and had to be ordered online.

kazp76

kazp76

Absolutely fantastic bottle, after trying about 6 brands this is the only one my baby who is predominantly breastfed will latch onto correctly and has no problems with taking in too much air. Before finding this bottle I was despairing that none would be right for him. Great sized bottles too, the 300ml bottle is more than enough for a feed. There are plenty of designs to choose from to suit your personal tastes and also appeal to the baby.
Perfect teat shape for a breastfeeding baby
Teat is very soft silicone
Nice designs to appeal to baby and mum
Somewhat hard to find the full range of teats

josnsw

josnswGeelong

I wouldnt recommend using the nuk pump but nuk do great bottles. I used the avent pump and froze the milk in nuk bottles. A few of my friends use them and they all agree these are the best when using while breast feeding because the baby doesnt get used to a different shape teet... nuk teets a very similar to the shape the breast forms when baby is feeding
The nuk bottles are by far my fave bottle. I have found they actually do what they say they do, reduce colic. I found that my daughter had alot less reflux
They are not easy to find in stores, And finding some pink ones are even harder.

yummymommy_09

yummymommy_09

good size bottle, good quality and it comes with many colors which is very attractive to babies. no leaking, easy to clean
my baby loves this bottle, the teat fits her perfectly and she takes it at first go. love the wide neck as it's easy to clean
can't think of any

pinksharon

pinksharon

I love the funky designs. The quality is excellent- still looks new after 1 year. The shape of the teat fits bubs mouth perfectly and the different sizes available are great. After wasting so much money on avent bottles that my kids refused to feed from I was so glad someone recomened Nuk! Now whenever someone I know has a baby I always make sure to pop a nuk bottle and dummy in with their pressie :)
The 300 mil size makes it really great to fit that last scoop of formula in...always spills with smaller bottles.
Hard to find all the accessories...not all stores stock the full range.

kchh5

kchh5AU

After trying the Avent bottles and nipples with little success, I tried the NUK First Choice bottle and nipple because my mum said that was the only nipple my siblings and I would take when we were babies, due to the orthodontic (natural) shape. After a bit of persistence, my son did take the NUK nipple, so we are happily using the NUK First Choice bottles with the silicone nipples. The parts are easy to take apart, clean, and put together.
Choice of nipple type (silicone or latex), comfortable bottle to hold, wide bottle neck makes cleaning easy, nipple is orthodontic so babies prefer it
The nipples designed for breast milk (the smallest hole) were a bit hard to find as not every chemist/store that stocks NUK had the breast milk nipples

Baby Bottles

Find out how NUK First Choice Polypropylene compares to other Baby Bottles

KellyandMia

KellyandMia

We use these bottles everyday. We started with Avent bottles but it took my daughter ages to feed from. With the Nuk bottles she can feed quickly and easily.
I LOVE these bottles. My daughter loves the shape of the nipple and the anti-colic hole help her with her wind. The wide neck ensures that she can latch on well.
The colors available are ugly. I prefer pain looking bottles. It was difficult to find these bottles in Australia, and therefore hard to find all the bits to go with it.

See all NUK First Choice Polypropylene reviews

Michelle J.

Michelle J.asked

Where can I complain about the nuk bottles?

Alia D.

Alia D.asked

Hi my baby is 6 weeks old and is using nuk bottles with small teeth. He is always constipated and struggling to poop sometimes he does not have a messed nappy for up to three days. After every feed he battles to break a wind and throws up alot. What should I do?, I am not sure if it is the nuk bottles???

Nadjia D.

formula fed babies can have a poop only every 3 days or once a day their isnt a one size fits all.
If your baby is constipated his or her poop will be hard little pebble like poops.
If it still as the density of peanut butter your infant is not constipated.
feed ur baby in a upright postion ( sitting with his head lifted at least 45° ) Burp him/her more often between each once/ or 60ml
keep him her at an upright position for 30 minutes after each feed.
Consult your doctor if your child spit up seem to discomfort him/her and make sure she or he doesn't have GERD or Lactose Intolerance... and in some very rare caisses eosphegus obstruction. ( very rare )

From 1 month to 3 month babies bowels and stomach valves are immature... it normal for spit up and discomfort to accure, their no absolute fix for what doctor call colic, it usually resolve itself by 4 month.
Be sure you keep the venting valve at the top of the nipple and unobstructed by milk, they should be a gap to allow air flow in. If the teat is filled with milk and the valve obstructed the air venting system won't work.

check out the baby center for more information on babies this age to help you understand what's going on :) Good luck.

Jaz.b

Jaz.basked

I just wanted some suggestion on which bottle and can get for my 7month old son? Im using tommee tippee and avent bottles at the moment , but i want to know what bottle are better and ones that dont leak through the teat??

Marisca
Marisca

I found the pigeon bottles to be great as well.

Nadjia D.

a good bottle should have a steady leak from the teat... That's normal.
If a bottle doesn't leak it defective.
It shouldnt jet out but drip steadily.
As per pediatrician recommendations.

You won't find any pediatrician approuved bottle that do not leak.
Bottle aren't ment to be given unsupervised and an infant shouod never be put to bed with a bottle.
A gentle leak shouldn't cause any problem since infant are supposed to be fed supervised by an adult at all time.
When carrying milk out with you you shoukd never pre-mix formula before you use it. Keep water and Formula seperate or use product design to be given already mixed by the manifacturer.
Formula is only good 1 hours at room temperature after being made and 24h in the fridge. Remember to keep tract of the time.

Otherwise Good luck.
Personnally, I've use Gerber Nuk for all my kids and so have my parents used Gerber products for me and my sisters.
Gerber is a well established compagnie that fallow pediatric regulation well and as over 80 years in the baby marquet.

CategoryBaby Bottles