NUK First Choice Polypropylene

NUK First Choice Polypropylene

4.1

• Bottle LeakageYes (0) · No (1)

Vy N.

Vy N.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very bad customer services and lack of information about their products

I have contacted Nuk customer services for asking about Nuk teat size guide, but they never give me a response. Meanwhile Avent, Pigeon and DrBrowns gave me a response just couple of hours waiting.
It is disappointed me because I have purchased some Nuk products.
Please be wise when choosing a brand, I never go with Nuk again and will ask my friends to do the same.

Purchased in March 2021.

Munch kin

Munch kinSydney

Horrible, not recommended for newborns

I have tried a many different bottles and I have to say this was one of the worst bottles. The first night my baby vomited and I thought it was because she was trying to drink too fast and didn't think too much if it as she was fine after that. The next night she vomited even more out!! I was so distressed seeing her this way. She has never vomited with any of the other brands I've used so it's definitely the bottle. The description says anti-colic but I believe she vomited as she swallowed way too much air from this bottle design. I would definitely not recommend this bottle, don't be fooled by the cute design!

Never using these bottles again!

I tried to use these bottles for my son & when he was using them it would take forever for him to finish a bottle, hes 1 month old now & today when I was feeding him with a Nuk bottle he stopped breathing, I will never use them again! After I got him to start breathing again I put the rest of the formula into a Playtex bottle and I find they are so much better so I strongly recomend them over the Nuk bottle. These bottles were a big waste of money, I wish I would have read the reviews about them before I went out & bought them! I will never use Nuk bottles ever again.

Baby Bottles

Find out how NUK First Choice Polypropylene compares to other Baby Bottles

Scary experience and terrible bottle

I wish I would have read the reviews before I spent the money on these bottles. My 8-month-old had just finished a bottle and minutes later out of no where was projectile puking an insane amount. He had swallowed so much air and was to the point of dry heaving. Not to mention the bottle leaked. Safe to say I'm never using these again.

HamH

HamHMelbourne

Ok but not recommended for small month babies

I like Nuk unique teat design and it says anti colic, but it could be a little bit confused to put into baby's mouth in the right direction. I have looked everywhere who selling Nuk bottles for 0-6 months unfortunately the teats are only available in size M and I could't find any size S.

I tried a few times to use Nuk to feed my 4 months old but the milk from size M teat is still too fast and split out everywhere on my little one's face and neck.

I do find their orthodontic pacifiers are really good to use.

NatieNat

NatieNatGold Coast, Queensland

Worst bottle ever!! Way too fast!!

I bought this bottle because I thought it was really cute with the pink design. The pretty design is all that this bottle has going for it though. The milk came out so fast my 5 month old nearly choked, she had the bottle before bed and actually woke us up power spewing an hour later. She was fine once she had finished vomiting so it wasn't a bug, I believe she just ingested way too much air and it didn't sit well in her stomach. Needless to say we didn't use the bottle again. Glad I only purchased on, to try!
Back to good old boring Pigeon brand bottles for us.

Melili

MeliliAdelaide

Difficult to direct teat into mouth the correct way

I love the design and quality of the bottles and teat although I find it difficult to direct the teat into my babies mouth the correct way when I'm feeding especially at night in the dark. I find I have to touch the tear which then is a hygiene problem. Bubs is also not so keen.
Love the colours and patterns
Difficult to direct teat into mouth the correct way

Tony8029Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor quality junk that leaks all over the place

We purchased 2 of these from Priceline and they were both defective. They leak milk all over our baby's face leaving her hysterical at a time when we are trying to settle her for bed. Half way through I changed the teat thinking that maybe I just one bad one but then the other one leaked as well. Really furious at this product - it really is a fundamental functionality that they teat shouldn't leak. In my case, they both leaked from the air available that sits just under the baby's nose. Cannot recommend this substandard product to anyone who wants a happy baby.
The colour
Leaks all over baby face - wish i could have given it half a star

Tony8029

Further to my review I contacted the company directly and they ignored me - which speaks volumes.

matchka79

matchka79perth

Baby can't drink from it!

I bought quite a few of these bottles, and was really disappointed as my baby would suck and suck and get absolutely nothing out! I know these are meant to be slow flow but he was getting nothing whatsoever and getting very upset. the only thing I use these for now is storing milk in the freezer.
Short, stout bottle makes them good for freezer storage.
Unusable for drinking - baby can't get anything out of these bottles.

Baby Bottles

Find out how NUK First Choice Polypropylene compares to other Baby Bottles

piano_bouyAustralia

New design is terrible

taleena86

taleena86Australia

Terrible

disappointed that i spent over $80 on this set of bottles, and cant use them.
i then remembered i had the same problem with my daughter, but at least hers were the classic nuk bottles, so i just used other teats.
i chose these because they looked cute.
my baby could not suck from them. he sucks for an hour and gets only 40mls. today i bought avent, and he drank 80mls within 15mins.
cannot use other teats with this bottle

CremeEggs
CremeEggs

Hi there. Have you tried to pierce the hole in the top for the anti-colic? I found that once I did that, the bottles were great and my bub can feed very easily from them.

piano_bouy

i too had the same problem and piercing a hole in the teat still did not resolve the issue. i ended up going back to using tommie tippee bottles (and i dont like them, but what do you dowhen your baby is screaming cause they are hungry)

See all NUK First Choice Polypropylene reviews

Michelle J.

Michelle J.asked

Where can I complain about the nuk bottles?

Alia D.

Alia D.asked

Hi my baby is 6 weeks old and is using nuk bottles with small teeth. He is always constipated and struggling to poop sometimes he does not have a messed nappy for up to three days. After every feed he battles to break a wind and throws up alot. What should I do?, I am not sure if it is the nuk bottles???

Nadjia D.

formula fed babies can have a poop only every 3 days or once a day their isnt a one size fits all.
If your baby is constipated his or her poop will be hard little pebble like poops.
If it still as the density of peanut butter your infant is not constipated.
feed ur baby in a upright postion ( sitting with his head lifted at least 45° ) Burp him/her more often between each once/ or 60ml
keep him her at an upright position for 30 minutes after each feed.
Consult your doctor if your child spit up seem to discomfort him/her and make sure she or he doesn't have GERD or Lactose Intolerance... and in some very rare caisses eosphegus obstruction. ( very rare )

From 1 month to 3 month babies bowels and stomach valves are immature... it normal for spit up and discomfort to accure, their no absolute fix for what doctor call colic, it usually resolve itself by 4 month.
Be sure you keep the venting valve at the top of the nipple and unobstructed by milk, they should be a gap to allow air flow in. If the teat is filled with milk and the valve obstructed the air venting system won't work.

check out the baby center for more information on babies this age to help you understand what's going on :) Good luck.

Jaz.b

Jaz.basked

I just wanted some suggestion on which bottle and can get for my 7month old son? Im using tommee tippee and avent bottles at the moment , but i want to know what bottle are better and ones that dont leak through the teat??

Marisca
Marisca

I found the pigeon bottles to be great as well.

Nadjia D.

a good bottle should have a steady leak from the teat... That's normal.
If a bottle doesn't leak it defective.
It shouldnt jet out but drip steadily.
As per pediatrician recommendations.

You won't find any pediatrician approuved bottle that do not leak.
Bottle aren't ment to be given unsupervised and an infant shouod never be put to bed with a bottle.
A gentle leak shouldn't cause any problem since infant are supposed to be fed supervised by an adult at all time.
When carrying milk out with you you shoukd never pre-mix formula before you use it. Keep water and Formula seperate or use product design to be given already mixed by the manifacturer.
Formula is only good 1 hours at room temperature after being made and 24h in the fridge. Remember to keep tract of the time.

Otherwise Good luck.
Personnally, I've use Gerber Nuk for all my kids and so have my parents used Gerber products for me and my sisters.
Gerber is a well established compagnie that fallow pediatric regulation well and as over 80 years in the baby marquet.

CategoryBaby Bottles