NUK First Choice Polypropylene

NUK First Choice Polypropylene

4.1

• Bottle LeakageYes (1) · No (2)

Vy N.

Vy N.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very bad customer services and lack of information about their products

I have contacted Nuk customer services for asking about Nuk teat size guide, but they never give me a response. Meanwhile Avent, Pigeon and DrBrowns gave me a response just couple of hours waiting.
It is disappointed me because I have purchased some Nuk products.
Please be wise when choosing a brand, I never go with Nuk again and will ask my friends to do the same.

Purchased in March 2021.

Neda

NedaSydney, NSW

Great light weight little bottle

I used a twistshake bottle for a few days before switching to this little nuk bottle. It was easier for the baby to suck from the bottle and the bottle was easier to hold compared to the twistshake one.

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $10.00.

Great system

Great Product for small month babies that cannot latch to those Big round nipples.
Been using them for 15 years with all 3 of my kids.
Gentle on the tummy, gerber always makes good products
Help promote good feeding habits this system isn't design for infant to be left unattended while feeding.. and you should never give baby a bottle while he or she is lying down in his crib.
Gerber is great for fallowing Pediatricians recommendation.
and it fallows well within the slow drip for teat per recommendation in bottle manifacturing.

Purchased in January 2019 at Toys R Us / Babies R Us for $6.99.

Loryn

LorynThe Entrance

Great!

We are currently giving Bub 1-2 bottles a week of breast milk using the nuk bottles with the small teat.
She takes the bottles easily compared to some other brands, the teats are great to control flow of milk and the bottles are easy for storing and heating breast milk

A great bottle!

Munch kin

Munch kinSydney

Horrible, not recommended for newborns

I have tried a many different bottles and I have to say this was one of the worst bottles. The first night my baby vomited and I thought it was because she was trying to drink too fast and didn't think too much if it as she was fine after that. The next night she vomited even more out!! I was so distressed seeing her this way. She has never vomited with any of the other brands I've used so it's definitely the bottle. The description says anti-colic but I believe she vomited as she swallowed way too much air from this bottle design. I would definitely not recommend this bottle, don't be fooled by the cute design!

Never using these bottles again!

I tried to use these bottles for my son & when he was using them it would take forever for him to finish a bottle, hes 1 month old now & today when I was feeding him with a Nuk bottle he stopped breathing, I will never use them again! After I got him to start breathing again I put the rest of the formula into a Playtex bottle and I find they are so much better so I strongly recomend them over the Nuk bottle. These bottles were a big waste of money, I wish I would have read the reviews about them before I went out & bought them! I will never use Nuk bottles ever again.

Scary experience and terrible bottle

I wish I would have read the reviews before I spent the money on these bottles. My 8-month-old had just finished a bottle and minutes later out of no where was projectile puking an insane amount. He had swallowed so much air and was to the point of dry heaving. Not to mention the bottle leaked. Safe to say I'm never using these again.

NatieNat

NatieNatGold Coast, Queensland

Worst bottle ever!! Way too fast!!

I bought this bottle because I thought it was really cute with the pink design. The pretty design is all that this bottle has going for it though. The milk came out so fast my 5 month old nearly choked, she had the bottle before bed and actually woke us up power spewing an hour later. She was fine once she had finished vomiting so it wasn't a bug, I believe she just ingested way too much air and it didn't sit well in her stomach. Needless to say we didn't use the bottle again. Glad I only purchased on, to try!
Back to good old boring Pigeon brand bottles for us.

RoretoTeam

RoretoTeamNSW, 2145

Fantastic bottles

I originally used all Avent 260ml bottles but i changed to these because they fill to 300ml and the Avent bottles were bothersome due to leaking, cracking over time and the valve rings were annoying. I always used Nuk dummies and was pleased so i thought the nuk bottles would be great quality too.
These Nuk Bottles are sensational, and i wish i bought the lot sooner. they fit 8 scoops of formula easily when making it with 240ml water. the bottles don't have the annoying removable valve ring so its one less bother. the bottles come in cute designs with mickey mouse, or in blue, pinks, yellow.
my baby prefers using the Pigeon Peristaltic Plus wide neck teats and these fit into the Nuk bottles perfectly.

Danni-Marie

Danni-MarieSydney

Fantastic bottle!

Tony8029Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor quality junk that leaks all over the place

We purchased 2 of these from Priceline and they were both defective. They leak milk all over our baby's face leaving her hysterical at a time when we are trying to settle her for bed. Half way through I changed the teat thinking that maybe I just one bad one but then the other one leaked as well. Really furious at this product - it really is a fundamental functionality that they teat shouldn't leak. In my case, they both leaked from the air available that sits just under the baby's nose. Cannot recommend this substandard product to anyone who wants a happy baby.
The colour
Leaks all over baby face - wish i could have given it half a star

Tony8029

Further to my review I contacted the company directly and they ignored me - which speaks volumes.

ArrabelleDiG

ArrabelleDiGSydney

Very good

We are very happy with the way this bottle works for our little one. I did try a couple of the really cheap ones first because I didn't think there would be much difference but I was wrong. I would definitely recommend this , its long lasting and looks good too

Teeanne

Teeanne

Life Saver!

I tried to wean my 6 month old off the breast and after 4 weeks of trying with several bottles, teats, sippy cups, EBM and different formulas, I was just about to go insane! Nuk came to the rescue just in time and bub took it immediately and actually sucked on the teat rather than just chewing on it like she did with the others. She loved the Winnie the Pooh bottle and would get excited about feeding time when she saw it.
Teat shape and Disney designs on the bottles.
Difficult to find. Not many places stock them.

matchka79

matchka79perth

Baby can't drink from it!

I bought quite a few of these bottles, and was really disappointed as my baby would suck and suck and get absolutely nothing out! I know these are meant to be slow flow but he was getting nothing whatsoever and getting very upset. the only thing I use these for now is storing milk in the freezer.
Short, stout bottle makes them good for freezer storage.
Unusable for drinking - baby can't get anything out of these bottles.

flower82

flower82Melbourne

Love Nuk!

Love these bottles, I have always been a fan of Nuk. Don't know why they discontinued their narrow neck bottles and teats as they were fantastic. Wide neck bottles are also great too and come in lots of cute designs. There mouth wraps around the teat like it would a breast :) love them.
Reliable, hardy, cute designs.

piano_bouy

piano_bouyAustralia

New design is terrible

Rafael Abreu

Rafael AbreuCuritiba

Very good product for your baby

I live in Brazil and I bought this product when I travel. The shipment was fast and the quality of product exceeded my expectations, I recommend and more. If you want a very good quality, buy this NUK. it's terrific, my baby love it.

Bye
Quality

Fantastic! No more gulping.

I have recently changed to bottle feeding my one month old. I just got some bottles from the supermarket and was finding my baby was gulping down her formula along with lots of air. After every feed she was in pain and not sleeping. I changed my bottles to NUK and could not be happier. She has much better control while drinking and is easier to burp which means no more pain.
So happy!
Great for colic

cottonball

cottonballbrisbane, queensland

Best Bottles

I have 3 kids and have always used NUK. My 1st daughter when she came home from the hospital I had bought 5 diff brands of bottles and she refused to drink from any of them as she was having a hard time geting milk out of them. I went to the store and bought NUK bottles and they worked perfect.I also breast fed along with the bottle and these did not compromise breast feeding.These are the ONLY bottles I would recommend.They also stayed looking new for months. I changed the tops every 3 months but the bottles last ages through dish washing to boiling them on the stove.Love these bottles.
Long lasting,easy for bubs to drink,colorful

See all NUK First Choice Polypropylene reviews

Michelle J.

Michelle J.asked

Where can I complain about the nuk bottles?

Alia D.

Alia D.asked

Hi my baby is 6 weeks old and is using nuk bottles with small teeth. He is always constipated and struggling to poop sometimes he does not have a messed nappy for up to three days. After every feed he battles to break a wind and throws up alot. What should I do?, I am not sure if it is the nuk bottles???

Nadjia D.

formula fed babies can have a poop only every 3 days or once a day their isnt a one size fits all.
If your baby is constipated his or her poop will be hard little pebble like poops.
If it still as the density of peanut butter your infant is not constipated.
feed ur baby in a upright postion ( sitting with his head lifted at least 45° ) Burp him/her more often between each once/ or 60ml
keep him her at an upright position for 30 minutes after each feed.
Consult your doctor if your child spit up seem to discomfort him/her and make sure she or he doesn't have GERD or Lactose Intolerance... and in some very rare caisses eosphegus obstruction. ( very rare )

From 1 month to 3 month babies bowels and stomach valves are immature... it normal for spit up and discomfort to accure, their no absolute fix for what doctor call colic, it usually resolve itself by 4 month.
Be sure you keep the venting valve at the top of the nipple and unobstructed by milk, they should be a gap to allow air flow in. If the teat is filled with milk and the valve obstructed the air venting system won't work.

check out the baby center for more information on babies this age to help you understand what's going on :) Good luck.

Jaz.b

Jaz.basked

I just wanted some suggestion on which bottle and can get for my 7month old son? Im using tommee tippee and avent bottles at the moment , but i want to know what bottle are better and ones that dont leak through the teat??

Marisca
Marisca

I found the pigeon bottles to be great as well.

Nadjia D.

a good bottle should have a steady leak from the teat... That's normal.
If a bottle doesn't leak it defective.
It shouldnt jet out but drip steadily.
As per pediatrician recommendations.

You won't find any pediatrician approuved bottle that do not leak.
Bottle aren't ment to be given unsupervised and an infant shouod never be put to bed with a bottle.
A gentle leak shouldn't cause any problem since infant are supposed to be fed supervised by an adult at all time.
When carrying milk out with you you shoukd never pre-mix formula before you use it. Keep water and Formula seperate or use product design to be given already mixed by the manifacturer.
Formula is only good 1 hours at room temperature after being made and 24h in the fridge. Remember to keep tract of the time.

Otherwise Good luck.
Personnally, I've use Gerber Nuk for all my kids and so have my parents used Gerber products for me and my sisters.
Gerber is a well established compagnie that fallow pediatric regulation well and as over 80 years in the baby marquet.

CategoryBaby Bottles