3Numatic Henry

71 reviews · Statistics

79% · 569 · 13%

Product is used
  • Daily (7)
  • Several times a week (8)
  • Weekly (9)
  • Monthly (1)
Pet OwnerYes (13) · No (12)
Noise Level
See the Best Vacuum Cleaners in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Numatic Henry71 reviews
Jeannie
JeannieSACentral, SA2 posts
  HVR200

Best vacuum cleaner, value for money

This English made vacuum cleaner is sturdy and great for large areas. Has a very long cord. Comes with large bags and additional for about a $1 ea. can also be used bag less. Bought online and deliveredwas cheaper than in store. Adjustable suction and additional attachments make it suitable for a variety of surfaces. An economical purchase compared to some other brands. Virtually the power of a commercial vacuum cleaner. It's size might be an issue for a small home or apartment both in use and storage.

Hanks
HanksSydney4 posts
  HVR200

Not the best on the market

The suction and performance of the unit isn't the greatest. I have used cheaper machines that can match or even exceed this machine. Tje machines manoeuvrability is ok but a cordless machine is so much more convenient. I feel this machine was made to clean clean larger areas like halls and open spaces, as opposed to house's and having to move around furniture.

Tse Chun
Tse ChunAU4 posts
  HVR200

Used it at work but not recommend for home

It works quite good on both carpet and floor tiles. The vacuuming power is strong enough to remove soil and small stones. The length of the cord is one of its strength. However, it is not lightweight and quiet enough. It will be a pain to carry around at home.

Cjw
Cjw

Would not recommend

this hoover is terrible on carpets and has trouble picking up slightly larger things on tiles. It's bulky and hard to manoeuvre and definitely doesn't do a good job. The henrys I have are old hoovers however my old Dyson still does a really good job and is older than the henrys. Would never buy this Hoover again.

Mark
MarkMelboune13 posts

Sensational

We use 2 Henry's in semi commercial environment. They have both performed very well, have excellent suction, are easy to manoeuvre and are very quiet. The dust bags are easy to fit and replace and they come with a good selection of crevice tools. The quality of the hose, fittings etc is very good. Highly recommended.

Granny Gwen
Granny GwenQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Edward (big brother) died after 25 years

After 25 years of using Edward, I am more than happy with Henry. Very quiet and easy to use. Can vacuum the whole house from just 2 power points as the cord is a good length. Easy to change the heads. Plenty of suck. Made in England for reliability. Loved Edward and now love Henry. Paid $285.00 including postage from UK. Just had to get the plug changed to AUS.

Samsungproblem
SamsungproblemSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

Henry surprise

The biggest surprise with the Henry is how quiet the unit is (I had to check that I had switched it on). This vacuum cleaner has simplicity with suction that is amazing. You are able to dial the amount of suction for every surface you need to vacuum.

Henry is a small commercial class vacuum cleaner which is easy to assemble and pack up, has a long cord that is retractable and the unit moves easily with you. In the box you will find all the attachments along with a set of vacuum bags to get you started. Henry comes with a face...you may or may not chose to attach this. Henry is available in two colours - Blue or Red.

Hel
HelVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC12 posts
Trish
TrishVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC32 posts

not easy to use

the suction on this vac is ok but for a $500 vac its not easy at all to use you'll be walking back to guide it around corners it constantly tips over it doesnt have an automatic rewind it constantly comes apart meaning the hose the most frustrating vacuum cleaner i have ever used theres a lot better choices then this one.

s sydney
s sydneysydney24 posts
  HVR200

Powerful suction but very heavy to use

We bought it due to the great reviews online and we have used it for 4 months. It has really powerful suctions compared to the few household grade models I had used previously. I personally find it quite heavy to use (mainly because I have to carry up and down stairs). Also, paying $400+ (incl shipping) for this was too steep for my liking.

wayne
wayne

Disappointed

Crap dust busters have better suction I think homer simpson could design a better machine remember take 500 dollars through it in the gutter and save yourself money. Don't buy this overpriced badly designed rubbish!!!

Tom
TomQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD13 posts
  Verified HVR200

What a difference to the last vacuum

After our last vac, we are amazed at the powerful suction of the Henry. Our Previous vac would have struggled to suck the skin off a boarding house pudding. Not so with the Henry, it actually lifts the carpet from the floor. We are using it in a very large house - half carpet and other half tiles. It is very quite and easily maneuvered.

After making comparisons, we purchased Henry from 'double t appliances'. Included in the delivery price was an extra vacuum head dedicated to hard floors as well as 13 replacement bags and free delivery. The all up cost was $389.00.

We would highly recommend the HRV200-12.

Sandra5
Sandra5QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD85 posts

Can't live without him

Excellent suction, easy to move around, very easy to pick up, quieter than expected. Large two level house to vacuum, including that carpeted garage which was always difficult to vacuum but able to get around quickly. Bought this because of its excellent reviews on this website and definitely not disappointed. Only used once first time today, received a few days ago. Eloctrolux motor burnt out after 4 years, probably due to the plaster particles after having some renovations done. Shouldn't worry this one.

Kellemee
Kellemee2 posts
Slurper
Slurper3 posts
  HVR200

Excellent Henry sucks like a trooper

Very pleased with this version of Henry, normal Henry wattage is around 500 watts. This 720 watt version with that little extra suction makes all the difference pulls really hard and makes out for a banging job. :) light weight and on casters, glides around the room fairly quiet in comparison to the 500w version. hardly any noise. I use Henry to suck the filth from everywhere.

Kwaka
Kwaka4000Qld, 400054 posts
Commercial Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Numatic Henry compares to other Commercial Vacuum Cleaners

shaza
shazamandurah5 posts

Best vacuum ever

Built to last mine is now 15 years old & still going strong. I work as a housekeeper & have tried other models & this one has survived & beats the rest by far. Its been through the toughest even sucks up builders mess including sand & concrete with ease. Easy to wind extra long cord. Bags are inexpensive & last a long time. Love my Henry would never consider anything else.

hongs121
hongs121AU38 posts

This is one of the Best Vacuum cleaners

I Recently purchased Hetty from a Ebay seller. I have also bought a Turbo head that is a optional purchase.

The machine is wonderful has really good suction just as good as my previous Dyson and half the cost.

I'm very happy with my Purchase and will be telling my friends about this product.

hegg
heggSydney

Simplicity at its best

Plenty of power, light, simple, robust. If it ever did break you can buy parts instead of throwing it away which is very important to me in this day and age. After looking and researching vacuums to buy this was a clear stand out at an affordable price. Don't buy the cyclonic gimmick machines. Bags work out to be about $1.70each.

michellelihou
michellelihouSASouthern and Hills, SA9 posts

Fantastic - best suction ever

Fantastic - powerful suction - simple design.

I use on both carpet and hard surface, accessories are brilliant and the power mode with extra suction really pulls the carpet up and removes dog hair - dont wast money on more expensive vacuum cleaners - love it and the bags are not too expensive

Cassie
CassieBrisbane8 posts

The Best!! So reliable and efficient

I've had my Henry for about 5 years and wish they were more commonly available Australia as I would recommend to anyone looking for the sort of reliability and efficiency that Henry provides. So easy to move around and so easy to use - My only wish is that we had a Henry at work as well so I didn't have to struggle around with the old useless one we have there now.

Henry's are common place in the UK and trusted by so many - What a pity Australia hasn't caught up yet!!

Sarah
Sarah

I love Henry

I bought my Henry about 25 years ago when I worked in a hospital and saw them being used there. Hasn't missed a beat since, and I love it that I don't have to keep buying vacuum bags. Henry hasn't got any bells and whistles, but who cares - he works like a Trojan.

Edelton
EdeltonQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts

No nonsence, great workhorse

I have seen professional cleaners lugging around one of these in hospitals. I bought one and I think it has been one of the best investments. Although it does not have any fancy attachments, it has great suction and does not draw as much power like other cleaners. The motor is quiet compared to other more expensive / similarly priced cleaners (under $300).

KDavey
KDaveyVICGippsland, VIC2 posts
PUDDLES 66
PUDDLES 66MELBOURNE

The best vacuum cleaner

My brother-in-Law in the UK has an industrial cleaning business, and uses nothing else but Henry machines ,which rarely break down, and have had the same parts for years, so he uses old parts from other machines. I had difficulty buying one over here,and 10 years ago ordered one from Perth for our theatre construction store. It has heavy use, and still works perfectly. I have a new Hetty at home ,and am impressed by the dual power levels, which is great for vacuuming carpets. I would recommend the Henry to anyone wanting a reasonably priced efficient and reliable machine.
Very reliable, large capacity, inexpensive, parts dont wear out.
jsmy5547
jsmy5547New South WalesCoffs Harbour, New South Wales5 posts

Great

Have to agree with the other reviewers, this is a vacuum cleaner.

Our first Henry died after about 8 yrs so went to retravision & was enticed by the fancy looking models on display. Bought an LG (possibly this style is all the same). From day 1 it was poor in suction & required constant cleaning of it's many filters.

After only 8 months we were fed up,not something that should happen with a basic item like this, went back to a real vacuum cleaner store & bought another Henry.

He is so basic he works.

And cute.
Value for money-cheaper than the last one, simple, works

Commercial Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Numatic Henry compares to other Commercial Vacuum Cleaners

T55555
T55555AU4 posts
  HVR200

I have been using the Henry vacuum cleaner for 3 years now and I have my own cleaning business I have Henry, Hetty and George the wet dry vacuum.

I swear by these machines Henry and Hetty vacuum up to 5 homes a day eac for the past 3 years and still going strong. George is used for commercial work at a day care centre and vacumming for 4 hours a night for the past 3 years also..

I love these vaccum cleaners and swear by them they are so easy to move around with and reliable... I will never buy another brand of vacuum cleaner again.
Reliable, easy to move around the place , he lasts and lasts and lasts.

diannehepi
diannehepi
  HVR200

I am a cleaner and have used many vacs, When every customers aske me which vac is the best.... You cant go wrong with a Henry. It is the best vacuum cleaner I have every used.
powerfull engine,sucks well,lo maintence,long cord,takes a good battering,all round fantastic machine. Not used anything else like it.
It needs glasses....keeps banging into the wall. A little fat needs to go on a diet . Show 2 replies
logilee2
logilee2
  HVR200

Highly recommended especially if you have kids, mine is 8 years old and hasn't missed a beat. Use it everyday. Sucks up lego etc... no worries. great long cord and big bag capacity. Love it!!
Tough and strong - almost unbreakable
Not much - does run in to the walls abit.
pebble
pebble6530WA, 653097 posts
DrGarry
DrGarryAU23 posts
coffscleanerworld
coffscleanerworld

If it's hard work vacuuming with Henry (or any vacuum, for that matter), you need another floor tool. Either with wheels, or with a rotating brush (turbohead). Then Henry will do all the work, and not you.

Extra Information