Nurofen

Nurofen (page 2 of 3)

Tablets, Caplets, Liquid Capsules

Pros

• Treats wide range of pain areas

• Fast acting

• Gentle on the stomach

4.3

Sada
SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

OK

chezryl
chezrylMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good

I once had my feet swell up after spending hours in water and detergent the day before. The Dr told me to take Nurofen and it worked. Luckily as I was in a wedding the next day and could not fit into the bridesmaid shoes! I know it was the Nurofen as they swelled up again and I repeated the Nurofen and they settled back down (Dr was stumped as it why they were sore and swolled). I also use it if I have a sore throat or when I have had tonsilitis as I find it helps to settle the swelling.
I tend to use Nurofen if I am dealing with inflammation. I find it very effective.
Not enough if you have really strong pain.

trenna
trennaAU

I really like these nurofen tablets, they work for a few things and they work fast. I am not to crash hot on the baby safety aspect of them tasting sweet and not being in a baby safe bottle. I will how ever still keep buying them. Oh and did i say They work really well!
They taste sweet so aren't a struggle to get down. They are easy to swallow, i haven't ever had one not go down properly
They don't come in a baby proof bottle. and they are a little pricey

shellfreak
shellfreak

Good

I like that you can buy Nurofen pain relief tablets in a variety of forms as the liquid capsules I have found to be a far easier form to take. I always have trouble trying to swallow the tablets. You can buy the tablets in bulk packets which makes them much more affordable. Good with pains such as headaches.
Readily available form of pain relief. You can always find Nurofen at supermarkets or chemists. Does a good job with a variety of different forms of pain.
These tablets can be expensive but you will often find them on special at chemists from time to time.

leah_32
leah_32

I had always used Panadol when suffering from a headach or stomach cramps, but since using Nurofen there is no going back. Due to the seet coating, they are easy to swallow. I find it more effective if you rest until you feel the effects of the pain killer and once they start working you have a good 2 hours before if the pain still persists I would take another 2.
sweet taste due to costing on the outer crust of the tablet, works fast and effectively - I wouldn't use anything else. Readily avaliable.
Can be a little expensive but if you buy them in bulk packets you can save a little money and they are more reasonable.

silent_d
silent_dVictoria, 3178

After years of using Panadol, I tried Nurofen and was pleasantly surprised. I had no idea that some pain relief tablets had a sweet coating! After taking them, I was surprised that they seemed to work a lot better than what I had previously used. Now I make sure I always have some Nurofen in the cupboard for those off days. Definitely recommended for mild-medium strength pain.
Sweet coating, they are smaller than other products, they work faster than many others.
More expensive than other products, not many in a pack which means they get used fast when taking two at a time.

jen1985
jen1985

i am a breastfeeding mother, was relieved to find out that this is suitable as sometimes paracetamol on its own does not bring relief. i find it very effective.
bought this for tension headaches. works quickly and the tablets are small and easy to swallow.
have not had any negative experiences/side effects so far.

gerald_lian
gerald_lian

lizziegordon
lizziegordonACT, 2614

Good

Ibuprofen is great stuff. I find it particularly effective for stress headaches and migraines. I get worried when people seem to take nurofen daily - it's not good to be reliant on any drug, and ibuprofen (as I've said) has side effects. Don't forget that there are other (cheaper) brands!
Fast an effective for most headaches, and muscular pain. Sweet coating makes the normal tablets easy to swallow. They are available just about everywhere
More expensive than other ibuprofen tablets, yet others are just as effective. People seem to be afraid of anything that is not Nurofen. Be careful not to take these too regularly or on an empty stomach as you can get stomach ulcers and other problems.

emmad
emmadvic, 3355

OK

nurofens great to use for the headaches or anything else you would normally use panadol for,they come in handy little boxes with neat packaging or you could opt for the larger quantity packets so you dont run out when you most need them,the tablets are not as big as others aithere so it makes them easier to swallow.they are a bit more dearer than other medicines available but they are worth it
great as its not that expensive,tells you on the packaging exactly whats in it and what it is designed to do
nothing bad to say about it

LittleBirdy
LittleBirdyVictoria, 3204

I take Nurofen whenever I have muscular aches or back pain, and it helps to get rid of the pain quickly. Nurofen is easily available in supermarkets, and it's very affordable. I also like Nurofen Plus for stronger pain, but you always have to be careful to not take too many, I think it's about one tablet every 5 hrs.
It's great for fast pain relief, and I think it's made in Australia. They're very easy to swallow, I usually have a hard time swallowing tablets, but these go down well with me!
There's nothing I dislike.

torilangley
torilangley

Nurofen is the only brand of pain killers I use. It works fast, tablets are easy to swollow, its affordable, has a wide range of products to treat every type of pain and its easily found at the supermarket. What more could you ask for?
Affordable and fast acting.

amygrant
amygrant

I think we forget how many pains are actually caused by infimation, not other problems, this is a gentle yet effective product that has worked for me so many times.
These are one of the easiest tablets to swallow! They are so smooth and almost have a pleasant taste. I find that I am usually pleasantly surprised at how quickly Nurofen clears up the aches and pains.
You have to be careful not to have it too much, the packets says to check with your doctor after a certain amount of days, but I would guess all pain relief is like that, if the pain is still there after a few days, needs to be treated by a Dr.

clarajayne
clarajayne

I don't take pain killers very often, but when I do I take either nurofen or codis (or nurofen plus for severe pain). I take them as a first stage, and I then try and figure out what has caused the pain and what I can do about it. I never take a pain killer for fever as I believe that it is unhealthy to suppress a fever.
I can't take paracetamol because I have a damaged liver, but my body tolerates nurofen really well. I can't say that I recommend it for everybody because some people do better with paracetamol.
It causes no side effects in me.
Nothing to dislike.

stefaneigh
stefaneigh

Is much more effective than paracetamol, I experience a lot of back pain and etc i find it really helps that nurofen is an anti-imflammatory and it works pretty quickly which is always useful especially when you are at work or something and can't afford not to be feeling good.
Nurofen is really my choice of painkiller. These are very easy to swallow, even without water as they have a smooth filmy coating as well as being small. If you have trouble swallowing some tablets i would reccommend you try these.
There isn't anything I dislike about nurofen, its great but maybe slightly more expensive than paracetamol but I don't mind as it is effective.

Find out how Nurofen compares to other Muscle & Pain Relief Products

Get an answer from our members and Nurofen representatives

Nurofen

Features:

• Nurofen contains ibuprofen, a general painkiller that can help ease general pain, making it a go-to for any pain or discomfort you’re experiencing.
  • It provides fast, effective pain relief for different types of pain, including headaches, migraines, back pain, period pain, dental pain, cold and flu symptoms, sinus pain, muscular pain, and pain associated with arthritis.
  • 2 tablets can give you up to 8 hours of pain relief.
  • You can buy Nurofen tablets or caplets, so you can choose whichever makes it easier to swallow.
  • It doesn’t require a prescription to obtain, so you can pop to the shop when you feel your pain coming on.
  • A pack of 24 tablets will set you back $5.99.

Points of praise:

• Reviewers said that Nurofen eased pain in a lot of problem areas, including headaches, period pain, back pain, dental pain, and joint pain.
  • Many reviewers found that Nurofen worked well for pain that wasn’t eased by paracetamol.
  • Nurofen is fast acting and gentle on the stomach, according to reviewers.
Compare all 3 Nurofen
Nurofen Liquid Capsules
  • Discontinued

Nurofen Liquid Capsules

4.3
CategoryMuscle & Pain Relief ProductsMuscle & Pain Relief ProductsMuscle & Pain Relief Products
Prescription NeededNoNoNo
Product TypeTablet/PillTablet/PillTablet/Pill
Targeted AreaGeneral Pain and InflammationGeneral Pain and InflammationGeneral Pain and Inflammation
Release dateJan 2007Jan 2007