Treats wide range of pain areas
Gentle on the stomach
OK for arthritis pain - over packaged
I hate taking any drugs but at the moment I'm taking 4 Nurofen caplets daily for severe arthritis in my wrists and I find they work ok. I used to take Panadol Osteo but because of the difficult blister packaging I've changed to Nurofen which are more expensive but equally as good. Another bonus with the Nurofen is the size, they are about half the size of those oversized P.Os. The downside is also the packaging … I get the 96 box and although they are blister packed they are also in 4 individual boxes of 24s inside the outside box! over-pack...aging for sure and totally unnecessary I reckon. Save on the smaller boxes and reduce the price! SEPT 2019: I've just purchased a new box of Nurofen caplets and noticed the 4 little inner boxes have been done away with ! Congratulations for common sense with packaging. Now we can probably look forward to a little reduction in price then ... maybe ...
Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $14.99.
Putting yourselves out of business ?
So, the Australian government has changed it's legislation, I cannot get nurofen+ over the counter anymore & now requiring everyone to go to a doctor & get a prescription.
I have bought a box a week for years for chronic pain associated with MS, now though I can only get 1 box of 30 tablets every 15 days.
Further more, nurofen have upped the price. Was $13aud per box of 30, now it's $20.85.
So after getting 5 repeat prescriptions today, off to the pharmacy I go & after being given the information on the legislation changes, I told them to tear up the scripts & bin them!
Never buying nurofen again!
Not bad at all
I bought some nurofen capsules years ago from the local gold cross chemist and started using them when I had a sore throat due to the flu - it got so bad that I could hardly talk so I had to alternate so I could sleep however, the capsules were small so had no choice but, to take 2 capsules at a time in order for nurofen to work alright
Find out how Nurofen compares to other Muscle & Pain Relief Products
Know better, choose better.
This works fairly quickly working pill for headache and pain. A cheaper store brand is available if you can find it in stock at Coles or Woolies. If you prefer this branded one and are willing to pay a little bit more for it, then this is a good effective pill for pain. It is easy to swallow so it doesn't linger in the mouth or throat dryly.
I used to use these quite often when I had terrible headaches. Nowadays, I just buy the supermarket's version which I am sure contains the same ingredient.
Very expensive for the number of pills you get in ...
nurofens great to use for the headaches or anything else you would normally use panadol for,they come in handy little boxes with neat packaging or you could opt for the larger quantity packets so you dont run out when you most need them,the tablets are not as big as others aithere so it makes them easier to swallow.they are a bit more dearer than other medicines available but they are worth it
great as its not that expensive,tells you on the packaging exactly whats in it and what it is designed to do
nothing bad to say about it
Questions & Answers
Sorry, there are no questions yet.
Get an answer from our members and Nurofen representatives
- Nurofen contains ibuprofen, a general painkiller that can help ease general pain, making it a go-to for any pain or discomfort you’re experiencing.
- It provides fast, effective pain relief for different types of pain, including headaches, migraines, back pain, period pain, dental pain, cold and flu symptoms, sinus pain, muscular pain, and pain associated with arthritis.
- 2 tablets can give you up to 8 hours of pain relief.
- You can buy Nurofen tablets or caplets, so you can choose whichever makes it easier to swallow.
- It doesn’t require a prescription to obtain, so you can pop to the shop when you feel your pain coming on.
- A pack of 24 tablets will set you back $5.99.
Points of praise:
- Reviewers said that Nurofen eased pain in a lot of problem areas, including headaches, period pain, back pain, dental pain, and joint pain.
- Many reviewers found that Nurofen worked well for pain that wasn’t eased by paracetamol.
- Nurofen is fast acting and gentle on the stomach, according to reviewers.
|Category||Muscle & Pain Relief Products||Muscle & Pain Relief Products||Muscle & Pain Relief Products|
|Targeted Area||General Pain and Inflammation||General Pain and Inflammation||General Pain and Inflammation|
|Release date||Jan 2007||Jan 2007|
Other Muscle & Pain Relief Products
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.