Nurofen

Pros

• Treats wide range of pain areas

• Fast acting

• Gentle on the stomach

4.3

kchh5
    kchh5AU

Good

Several years ago, I found that paracetamol (panadol) wasn't working very well for me, so I tried Nurofen instead. It seems to work much better for headaches, tooth aches, period pain, inflammation, etc. If you have really strong pain, Nurofen Plus is probably the better option as it has added codeine. But for regular pain, Nurofen works quickly and does the job. I have always used the caplets, and they are small and easy to swallow without a nasty aftertaste. They are suitable for breastfeeding mothers and those with asthma. I have never had an upset stomach from taking Nurofen, or any other side effects.
    Easy to swallow, works fairly fast, effective on pain

chezryl
    chezrylMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good

I once had my feet swell up after spending hours in water and detergent the day before. The Dr told me to take Nurofen and it worked. Luckily as I was in a wedding the next day and could not fit into the bridesmaid shoes! I know it was the Nurofen as they swelled up again and I repeated the Nurofen and they settled back down (Dr was stumped as it why they were sore and swolled). I also use it if I have a sore throat or when I have had tonsilitis as I find it helps to settle the swelling.
    I tend to use Nurofen if I am dealing with inflammation. I find it very effective.
    Not enough if you have really strong pain.

shellfreak
    shellfreak

Good

I like that you can buy Nurofen pain relief tablets in a variety of forms as the liquid capsules I have found to be a far easier form to take. I always have trouble trying to swallow the tablets. You can buy the tablets in bulk packets which makes them much more affordable. Good with pains such as headaches.
    Readily available form of pain relief. You can always find Nurofen at supermarkets or chemists. Does a good job with a variety of different forms of pain.
    These tablets can be expensive but you will often find them on special at chemists from time to time.

Muscle & Pain Relief Products

Find out how Nurofen compares to other Muscle & Pain Relief Products

gerald_lian
    gerald_lian

lizziegordon
    lizziegordonACT, 2614

Good

Ibuprofen is great stuff. I find it particularly effective for stress headaches and migraines. I get worried when people seem to take nurofen daily - it's not good to be reliant on any drug, and ibuprofen (as I've said) has side effects. Don't forget that there are other (cheaper) brands!
    Fast an effective for most headaches, and muscular pain. Sweet coating makes the normal tablets easy to swallow. They are available just about everywhere
    More expensive than other ibuprofen tablets, yet others are just as effective. People seem to be afraid of anything that is not Nurofen. Be careful not to take these too regularly or on an empty stomach as you can get stomach ulcers and other problems.

Get an answer from our members and Nurofen representatives

Nurofen

Features:

• Nurofen contains ibuprofen, a general painkiller that can help ease general pain, making it a go-to for any pain or discomfort you’re experiencing.
    • It provides fast, effective pain relief for different types of pain, including headaches, migraines, back pain, period pain, dental pain, cold and flu symptoms, sinus pain, muscular pain, and pain associated with arthritis.
    • 2 tablets can give you up to 8 hours of pain relief.
    • You can buy Nurofen tablets or caplets, so you can choose whichever makes it easier to swallow.
    • It doesn’t require a prescription to obtain, so you can pop to the shop when you feel your pain coming on.
    • A pack of 24 tablets will set you back $5.99.

Points of praise:

• Reviewers said that Nurofen eased pain in a lot of problem areas, including headaches, period pain, back pain, dental pain, and joint pain.
    • Many reviewers found that Nurofen worked well for pain that wasn’t eased by paracetamol.
    • Nurofen is fast acting and gentle on the stomach, according to reviewers.
    Compare all 3 Nurofen
    Nurofen Liquid Capsules
    • Discontinued

Nurofen Liquid Capsules

4.3
    CategoryMuscle & Pain Relief ProductsMuscle & Pain Relief ProductsMuscle & Pain Relief Products
    Prescription NeededNoNoNo
    Product TypeTablet/PillTablet/PillTablet/Pill
    Targeted AreaGeneral Pain and InflammationGeneral Pain and InflammationGeneral Pain and Inflammation
    Release dateJan 2007Jan 2007