Nurofen

Pros

• Treats wide range of pain areas

• Fast acting

• Gentle on the stomach

4.3

This is perfect! Can't keep without it.

Nurofen is a great painkiller. I found ibuprofen to be far more effective than paracetamol, and Nurofen is readily available just about everywhere. I generally use it for headaches, period pain and back pain, but I've also used it after dental surgery and when I twisted my ankle. It offers great pain relief, I always make sure there's some in my medicine cabinet.

Lorraine
    LorraineNSW

More effective than paracetamol

Nurofen is a great painkiller. I find ibuprofen to be far more effective than paracetomol, and Nurofen is readily available just about everywhere. I generally use it for headaches, period pain and back pain, but I've also used it after dental surgery and when I twisted my ankle. It offers great pain relief, I always make sure there's some in my medicine cabinet.

runneraust
    runneraustBrisbane

My go to for bad pain

Always works for me. My go to for bad pain in my back or headaches. Easy to find in tons of shops.

Madison
    MadisonCanberra

love nurofen for a head ache

I seemed to notice that nurofen works really well when I have a head ache or pain. Panadol never works I feel as if it makes it worse. Nurofen is great for pain definitely recommend.

t00dles
    t00dlesQLD, 4000

Regular Pain Reliever!

I have tried lots of other brands, but Nurofen is one I always go back to. My kids use it, I use it and I've got my Dad using it as well! I find it works much quicker than other brands and doesn't upset my stomach. The caplets are perfect size for me as I can't swallow larger pills without gagging - I can swallow two of these at a time - go me! :)
    Fast acting, gentle on stomach, great for kids

cherubbabies
    cherubbabiesIllawarra, NSW

We use nurofen a lot, any pain we use it.
    It's been a big fan in our family for years and you can buy from pretty much anywhere now.
    It helps us get on with our lives and really tackles pain on hand.
    I like that nurofen has different pain tablets, for different areas even cold and flu.
    Works fast

Tilly91
    Tilly91Melb

Pain relief

For instant pain relief try nurfofen. It works wonders for headaches and tooth aches. I have used other pain killers and nothing comes close to nurofen. It is expensive compared to other brands, but l must say well worth it, as it actually works not like some others on the market.
    Instant pain relief
    Expensive

shelbyward
    shelbywardVic, 3039

Nurofen is the best painkiller

When I have a headache, or more recently, toothaches, I turn to Nurofen for relief. I've tried the others but it is really only Nurofen that works for me. Its the rapid pain relief that makes it my painkiller of choice. Easy to take and totally effective so it ticks all the boxes.
    Quick pain relief

Amanda75
    Amanda75

Not many people realise but your no name brand of ibuprofen (Active ingredient of Nurofen) is exactlly the same as Nurofen, but only $2 at Coles or Woolworths for a pack of 20.

CharolleteD
    CharolleteDCanberra

Unbelievably good !!!

There has never been anything as good as nurofen, i am used to taking panadols but i always dint get the effect i was looking for. Advil is something i would equally recommend. I thought i would write a quick review for people looking for a quick relief from headache and tummy ache.
    cheap, readily available

Jana21
    Jana21

trenna
    trennaAU

I really like these nurofen tablets, they work for a few things and they work fast. I am not to crash hot on the baby safety aspect of them tasting sweet and not being in a baby safe bottle. I will how ever still keep buying them. Oh and did i say They work really well!
    They taste sweet so aren't a struggle to get down. They are easy to swallow, i haven't ever had one not go down properly
    They don't come in a baby proof bottle. and they are a little pricey

leah_32
    leah_32

I had always used Panadol when suffering from a headach or stomach cramps, but since using Nurofen there is no going back. Due to the seet coating, they are easy to swallow. I find it more effective if you rest until you feel the effects of the pain killer and once they start working you have a good 2 hours before if the pain still persists I would take another 2.
    sweet taste due to costing on the outer crust of the tablet, works fast and effectively - I wouldn't use anything else. Readily avaliable.
    Can be a little expensive but if you buy them in bulk packets you can save a little money and they are more reasonable.

silent_d
    silent_dVictoria, 3178

After years of using Panadol, I tried Nurofen and was pleasantly surprised. I had no idea that some pain relief tablets had a sweet coating! After taking them, I was surprised that they seemed to work a lot better than what I had previously used. Now I make sure I always have some Nurofen in the cupboard for those off days. Definitely recommended for mild-medium strength pain.
    Sweet coating, they are smaller than other products, they work faster than many others.
    More expensive than other products, not many in a pack which means they get used fast when taking two at a time.

jen1985
    jen1985

i am a breastfeeding mother, was relieved to find out that this is suitable as sometimes paracetamol on its own does not bring relief. i find it very effective.
    bought this for tension headaches. works quickly and the tablets are small and easy to swallow.
    have not had any negative experiences/side effects so far.

LittleBirdy
    LittleBirdyVictoria, 3204

I take Nurofen whenever I have muscular aches or back pain, and it helps to get rid of the pain quickly. Nurofen is easily available in supermarkets, and it's very affordable. I also like Nurofen Plus for stronger pain, but you always have to be careful to not take too many, I think it's about one tablet every 5 hrs.
    It's great for fast pain relief, and I think it's made in Australia. They're very easy to swallow, I usually have a hard time swallowing tablets, but these go down well with me!
    There's nothing I dislike.

torilangley
    torilangley

Nurofen is the only brand of pain killers I use. It works fast, tablets are easy to swollow, its affordable, has a wide range of products to treat every type of pain and its easily found at the supermarket. What more could you ask for?
    Affordable and fast acting.

Find out how Nurofen compares to other Muscle & Pain Relief Products

Get an answer from our members and Nurofen representatives

Nurofen

Features:

• Nurofen contains ibuprofen, a general painkiller that can help ease general pain, making it a go-to for any pain or discomfort you’re experiencing.
    • It provides fast, effective pain relief for different types of pain, including headaches, migraines, back pain, period pain, dental pain, cold and flu symptoms, sinus pain, muscular pain, and pain associated with arthritis.
    • 2 tablets can give you up to 8 hours of pain relief.
    • You can buy Nurofen tablets or caplets, so you can choose whichever makes it easier to swallow.
    • It doesn’t require a prescription to obtain, so you can pop to the shop when you feel your pain coming on.
    • A pack of 24 tablets will set you back $5.99.

Points of praise:

• Reviewers said that Nurofen eased pain in a lot of problem areas, including headaches, period pain, back pain, dental pain, and joint pain.
    • Many reviewers found that Nurofen worked well for pain that wasn’t eased by paracetamol.
    • Nurofen is fast acting and gentle on the stomach, according to reviewers.
    Compare all 3 Nurofen
    Nurofen Liquid Capsules
    • Discontinued

Nurofen Liquid Capsules

4.3
    CategoryMuscle & Pain Relief ProductsMuscle & Pain Relief ProductsMuscle & Pain Relief Products
    Prescription NeededNoNoNo
    Product TypeTablet/PillTablet/PillTablet/Pill
    Targeted AreaGeneral Pain and InflammationGeneral Pain and InflammationGeneral Pain and Inflammation
    Release dateJan 2007Jan 2007