2Nutricia Neocate LCP

Nutricia Neocate LCP Questions & Answers

Reshma L.
Reshma L.

Hi there. My baby is 3 months old. I have tried NAN comfort and Aptamil gold but she vomitted massively with both these formulas. I did a little research and switched to neocate lcp which she is tole rating well. Now, is this formula suitable for my baby given the above symptom as I started without consulting doctor?

Nutricia   DM

Hi Reshma, yes you should talk to your doctor there are other allergy options that may be more suitable or give us a call at the Careline to talk through baby's symptoms further 1800438500. Cheers Sue Careline Nutritionist.

Yordanos H.
Yordanos H.

My 3 months old baby he start this formula and he couldn’t poop and his not comfortable is that normal?

Nutricia   DM

Hi, when you change formula, it can take a few days or even longer for bowel motions to settle down. Baby should certainly not be constipated on the Neocate formula- stools should be soft/ may be green and may be less frequent. If baby is still uncomfortable, please call us on 1800 438 500 to have a chat. Kind regards, Hilary

Sharee

Hi just wondering if i should consider adding thickener to this formula? LO doesnt seem full for long.

Nutricia   DM

Hi Sharee, The Aptamil Feed Thickener is used for babies who suffer from reflux or regurgitation. If your baby does not suffer form reflux or regurgitation, then please do not use the Aptamil Feed Thickener. If your baby is hungry, please feed more per feed or feed more often to meet demand of baby. Please contact us on the Careline AU 1800 438 500 or NZ 0800 438 500 and one of our dietitians or nutritionists will be able to discuss this further with you. Warm regards, Caroline - Careline Nutritionist

Sharee

Thanks Stuart. She actually suffers from both you have said above. Ive been given the all clear to add this to her formula from our paediatrician.

Emma M.
Emma M.

Hi there,
My son was prescribed this formula after showing signs of being uncomfortable and constipation on karicare he then went to aptamal pepti jnr and developed severe diarrhoea so was put on this! He still has odd bowel motions, mucus and dark green and is also vometting after most feeds ( never been spilly) is this normal?
Dr keeps telling me to wait it out :(

Nutricia   DM

Hi Emma it would be best to give us a call so we can talk through which formula might be most suitable for your little one - call 1800438500 to talk with our Nuritionists and Dietitians. Sue Careline Nutritionist

Hannah w
Hannah w

My daughter hasnt been diagnosed with cmpa, but has servere reflux. She has been on similac for a suspected milk allergy and ranitidine but nothing seems to touch her, so we were prescribed this Neocate LCP. Im reading through comments and it seems this is only targeted at babies with an allergy not to cure reflux? Am i right in thinking this?

Nutricia   DM

Hi Hannah, reflux may be a symptom of allergy or it may just be reflux. We do have treatment options for both scenarios so please call at our Careline on 1800 438 500 so we can help you better, kind regards, Hilary, Reg.Nutritionist

Irsa
Irsa

How long neocate lcp takes to settle??as em giving from last 10 days observing no big difference....

Nutricia   DM

Hi Irsa, if your baby has an allergy to dairy protein, you should expect to see an improvement of symptoms after 1-2 weeks. If you have not noticed a difference, you should contact your prescriber to check if this is the right formula for your baby. You are also welcome to call us on our Careline on 1800 438 500. Kind regards from the Nutricia Careline

Kristina L.
Kristina L.

I'm having a surgery soon but I breastfeed. I won't be able to breasfeed my baby about 5-6 days and I will pump out the milk due to medications I'll be taking. I was thinking about formula during those days and I wonder if this is good. My son reacts to kowmilk (only when I drink milk directly, not other kowmilk-based products). Do you think I will be able to restart breasfeeding after 5-6 days with formula?

Nutricia   DM

Hi Kristina, You could start expressing breast milk before the surgery and store and have enough breast milk to feed your baby while you are not able to feed during and after surgery. Any kind of surgery and medication given will potentially reduce your milk supply. It is therefore very importation to keep expressing 3 hourly after surgery so that you can stimulate breast milk production. We have another formula in our range that is suitable for babies that react to cow's milk. Aptamil Allerpro is designed for babies who have a mild to moderate cow's milk protein allergy and this would be the formula to try. Please give us a ring on our toll-free number 1800 438 500 and one of our dietitians, nutritionists or midwives will be happy to discuss this further. Lucie - Careline Midwife, Caroline - Careline Nutritionist

Jessica S
Jessica S

Life expands of formula... how long does formula last out of the refrigerator?

Hi there,

My son has been diagosed with cow milk protein allergy and has been prescribed Nutrimogen a few weeks ago, which caused him blood in his stool and wind, belly pain, etc.I am bfd nd also went on a dairy free diet, but doesn;t help at all. After several visits to GP and hospital, his formula has been changed with Neocate about 8 days ago. Since then his vomiting condition got even worse than before. He doesn't settle or sleep and he is cranky all the time. Please help.

Daniela

Laura
Laura

Its just horrible isn't it you poor thing. It's very hard to say. Our son's vomiting imcreased severely on neocate (it is made to be easy tp throw up) and took approx 6 weeks for for his gut to heal and for the vomiting to lessen. Maybe stick with it for a bit longer.... I'm no professional though. I am sorry that you are going through this.

Daniela R

Thank you Laura. We shall try and be patient for another bit then.

Nutricia   DM

Hi Daniela, Sorry to hear about your little one having trouble with his feed. Please give us a ring on our toll-free number 1800 438 500 or call the Advanced Medical Nutrition Team directly on 1800 060051 so that one of our Dietitians, Nutritionists or Midwives can support and brainstorm how best to progress with feeding your baby boy.

Thanks - Aptanutrition.

Claire ...
Claire ...

My daughter sick comes up like water on this milk rather than cottage cheese is this normal?

Nutricia   DM

Hi Claire, please give us a ring on our toll-free number 1800 060 051 and one of our dietitians will be happy to assist you. Thanks, Neocate Team

Vanessa Lowrey
Vanessa Lowrey

Hi Claire

I have a wee girl who is 12 weeks who sick also comes up like water on neonate

Did you happen to find out why this was??

Thanks Vanessa

Angkillam
Angkillam

My Granddaughter has been neonate for months and hasn't had any issues entel these past couple of days, now she can't keep any of it down, is this a common problem? Have others experienced this or is it rare?

Nutricia   DM

Hi there! Please call Nutricia AMN on toll-free number 1800 060 051 and they will be happy to assist you with this query.

Thanks from the AMN team!

Marisa
Marisa

Is it possible that my 15 week old daughter has more mucous than before ? We were on allerpro and it was minor. Now we have blobs.

Nutricia   DM

Hi Marisa Sorry to hear your concern about your baby's mucous.Please give us a ring on our toll-free number Aptamil 1800 438 500 and one of our dieticians or nutritionists will be happy to assist you.

Thanks - Aptanutrition

Get an answer from our members and Nutricia representatives