Nyal Cold Sore Cream

Nyal Cold Sore Cream (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Cold & Flu Medication in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great product,,gone??

I believe that any Nyal Cold Sore Cream purchased is old stock. I found some travelling interstate, I bought a couple, the rest snapped up by the assistants, as they discovered it was now deleted, and were fans of the product. The Camphor and Menthol always did the trick, okay not life threatening but, hard to understand why this great and popular product has been deleted. Nyal, please explain

CJ

Has anyone found out why this product has been discontinued, there is nothing to replace this effective cream for lips. I would really like to know the true reason for this decision.

CJ

If you find some old stock, good luck, don't get too excited, it is not being manufactured anymore. https://www.productreview.com.au/p/nyal-cold-sore-cream.html#overall

bel

belcamden

Pretty good

It is quite good but the container is smaller and it doesn't seem as effective as it used to be. However it is still one of the better ones on the market.

Nannyg

NannygSydney, NSW

Finally found it

Was not happy with the change in formula nor the heavy price tag for less product, until I discovered I could still by the original at Priceline thank goodness, it may not cure cold sores but it is soothing. The customer service person I spoke to was also very good when I rang Nyal for help.

I won't be buying this again

I recently bought the new liquid version of this product, and have found it to be useless. Even with the lid closed, it oozes out everywhere. The previous formula was thicker & was very effective in preventing a red sore nose when having a cold. I won't be buying this again.

A product I used to love, trust and knew it worked well

I have been using Nyal Antiviral Cold sore Cream every day for many years. I first usually to stop cold sores from the wind whilst horse riding. Once I stopped riding horses I continued religious as a preventive every night. The product was a 'thick' cream and worked. A few weeks ago I purchased a new tube (5g) and the consistency is like water. It does not work. I do not understand why such a dramatic change of the trusted brand. I am so disappointed. I have been duped into paying for a product that was not what I expected. I will be warning people not to use this in the future.

teana

teana

pretty good stuff!

I'm guessing I have the original (bought a few months back) it's pretty good stuff! had a cold sore come up over night, 2 days later it's gone!

wenno

wennoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nyal cold sore cream where are you?!

I can't find my menthol /camphor cold sore cream ANYWHERE! What's going on? I've used it for decades! It's less than 6 months since I bought a tube of it and now I can't get a replacement. Tried 2 pharmacies today, no luck. That runny 'imitation' rubbish that Nyal makes and sells in the supermarkets doesn't work.

Clarke.

Clarke.Newcastle NSW

They have now changed back to the former excellent product.

Rol. E

Rol. EWynyard

Why the change?

After using the menthol and camphor Nyal cold sore cream with success for many years I purchased the latest tube of "anti viral" cream. What a load of crap! Would have the same success using cheap moisturising cream. Will never purchase again. Why do companies feel the need to change just? Likely a higher profit in the current formula than the previous one.

do NOT buy

After applying the cream my cold sore doubled in size over night. In all the years of having cold sores NEVER has this happened until I tried this cream.

Wonderful

I have suffered from cold sores all my life. 25 years ago i lived in sydney for a couple of years ... Discovered nyal cold sore cream ... Wonderful. Cold sores were no longer a problem. Returning to the uk, i took a few tubes home ... To my horror i can't buy it or anything similar in uk! Only the aciclover based creams and they don't work and taste vile! Its also nigh on impossible to buy online for postage to uk! I have to rely on friends and relatives visiting oz/uk and bringing me a supply!
the thickness of the cream and that it works!
can't get it in Uk!

Sue

SueBallarat

Not Happy with new product

I have been buying this product for many years. Was disappointed to find that Nyal has changed it to a 5g tube in Woolworth stores and charge $9.99 for it. Extremely disappointed to find it now made really runny. Sorry Nyal but this is great product is now a disaster . Will have to try to find origi al tune and buy10 . Not a good product anymore.

Only thing that works for me

I have been using this product for about 20 years i think. It is the only thing that makes my lips feel mosit and healthy - i suffer from very dry lips and then when that happens - get a coldsore. By using this cream regularly i have maybe 1 or 2 cold sores a year. Please don't stop making it! I wish more shops would stock it. I usually buy at least 5 at a time.
works! Lasts for a while and is not that expensive
Hard to find at times - otherwise - nothing. Would like a bigger tube.

Keith A

Keith AGlen Waverley, Vic

This is perfect! Can't live without it.

K Lewis

K Lewisfern bay

Keep it close at hand to use everyday

I have found it stops me from actually getting the cold sore if I use it at the first sign. I also use it on my dry cracked feet during the summer months when I wear open shoes and thongs. Rub it on dry area every day and cover with socks atleast 3 nights a week.
Inexpensive, readily available from supermarkets and non greasy.
Nothing so far.

Susysunset

SusysunsetAU

All Rounder!

Shauna

ShaunaAU

Must have cream for any household

My family has been using this cream for 30 years. Not for cold sores as none of us have had them. We use it for dry and sore lips and noses. We all suffer from hayfever, dry lips and the constant nose blowing takes a toll on nasal tissue. We also use this fabulous cream in cold and flu season. It's the only cream that gives relief from symptoms with the added bonus of the Menthol and Camphor helping us to breath more easily when applied to the nose. Don't buy anything else.
Everythin g- effectiveness, smell, texture.
Absolutely nothing i'ts fantastic.

Value for money

I purchased nyal cold sore cream from chemist warehouse for $6.99 for 10g, compared to zirvorax which was around $19 for only 2g! I got the coldsore 3 days ago (my lips got burnt) and it is nearly all cleared! Previous cold sores have lasted a lot longer.. Get this product every one
Cheap, love the burn n numbing feeling
Nothing!

LeoneOasked

Have been using Nyal Cold Sore Cream for more years than I care to remember. Use the cream to prevent my lips from drying out and cracking and is the only product I can use without breaking out in cold sores.
However recently have noticed the cream is lucky to stay on my lips for more than a few minutes.
Has the recipe changed?
Has something been added?
Please bring back the cream which stays on my lips longer.
Or at least tell me where I can get it.
Thanks.
Leone Oakhill

LeoneO

Talk about answering your own question.
Read some of the previous comments and saw the 10gm Nyal Cold Sore Cream was still available. So I checked out the chemist and there it is. The good old thick cream which stays on your lips, which softens your lips and doesn't add to the issue of dry cracked blistered sore lips. Thank you thank you thank you. Please keep producing Nyal Cold Sore Cream. Won't say it is worth its weight in gold, however when you gently apply it to lips which have been making you feel like you want to rip them off your face ... HEAVEN. thank you.

Stef

Stefasked

Can I use this cream on my 4 year old?

Sunlover
Sunlover

Unfornately can't answer this question. My experience with Nyall cold sore cream was that it didn't work for my lip cold sores and much of that was to do with it being too 'watery' to stay on lips.

Laura

Lauraasked

Can I use this cream while pregnant?

Maud Fitch
Maud Fitch

On the tube of the new Nyal Antiviral Cold Sore Cream 5g it reads "See your doctor before using this product if you are considering pregnancy, pregnant or breastfeeding" and that's standard practice for most pharmaceutical things these days. Cold sores are transmittable and I took extra care with hygiene when my daughter was born.

Get an answer from our members and Nyal representatives

CategoryCold & Flu Medication