O Cedar Liquid Furniture Polish

O Cedar Liquid Furniture Polish (page 2 of 2)

3.6

Mrs Sheen

Mrs SheenMelbourne

It's a very expensive furniture polish

Some of the reviews on here have obviously been written by people who have shares in the company!
This won't cover damage to your furniture! I had a cple of items with minor surface marks and used this to hide them after seeing these reviews. All this stuff is, is a polish that does nothing but polish a piece of wood. If your item is slightly marked before you use this product, it'll be slightly marked after you use it. Anyone who says it covers or disguises even minor damage is probably sniffing the stuff.

It's a furniture polish - that's all

Ron

RonCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Miracle in a bottle

Great!

I usually use another product. I have a lot of colonial furniture. When I shopped, I couldn't get the brand I usually use so bought O'Cedar. The scratches (cat claws) have disappeared. It has left a lovely glow to the furniture but there is no oily residue. I am initially very I impressed but will look at the furniture over a period of time to see how it holds up. At this stage, I am thinking this is the product I will use in the future.

Furniture, Fabric & Metal Cleaners

Find out how O Cedar Liquid Furniture Polish compares to other Furniture, Fabric & Metal Cleaners

the real deal

just purchased this product and gave it a real go ,had a table that was marked pretty bad and you would never know now this is a great product .
Tried it on various timber we have in house and it works on all of them leaves a fresh look
works and value for money
nothing

RYZR

RYZRGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best product on the market!

O Cedar is the only product to use if you want an old fashioned shine to your timber furniture. My Mum has been using it for years and it still doesn't disappoint today.
Seems to nourish and protect everything from outdoor furniture to my precious antique pieces inside.
However, do not use this product on floors, as things can get slippery!
Love the product, just wish it was available in the 700ml spray pack as it once was.
Effective, does what it says!
Small packaging size only available now at my supermarket.

buyastihl

buyastihlOrange

Great to bring out the features in timber

Purchased the furniture polish at Woolworths for about $7.00. we have a number of different timber features in our home and it brought out the great colour & grain in our river red gum and merbau. also used it on our dining table and coffee tables; it didnt get rid of all the marks but certainly gave it a new lease on life like a moisturiser. its a great product for all different timbers. I will be using this product for a very long time its so great. bunnings sell it, but it was sold out when i tried to buy it there.

Louise3

Louise3Perth

Finally found it again!

Our local Coles has been removing all of the quality products and replacing them with their name brand products and O Cedar is one of the things to go. It is one of the products you didn't realise how much you needed until it is gone. After buying, trying and throwing out all of Coles new substitutes I am on holidays in Melbourne and what I will be packing my bags with is O Cedar.
Highly nourishing for woods that suffer terribly in the dry tropics. Nothing else comes close.
Can't buy it locally

Lordknaps

LordknapsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Marveer replacement

This is good stuff. A great marveer replacement. Does not smell as much as marveer. Easy to apply and a little goes along way. At $6.99 for 300ml it will last for months if not years. I had been looking for another bottle of marveer for months but couldn't find any, then last week saw this on the shelf in woollies. It's made in Australia in Melbourne , not China! Praise the lord.
Every thing. How it works and where it's made.

Me1558
Me1558

It is in no way better than Marveer, it does not cover scratches like marveer or polish as well. The spray can of Marveer is real dissapointment why is it no longer available? If anyone knows please tell!

Made meg
Made meg

I too am very disappointed. My good antique furniture is deteriorating through use of the spray product.

tigercjn
tigercjn

Spray can Marveer is available at woolworths

This stuff is fabulous for all wood,

I live in the u.k and have a domestic cleaning service, one customer had an old bottle of O Cedar which i used on her antique furniture and oak floors..... It's wonderful, cleans shines nourishes and looks fantastic, One big problem I cannot get it now in the u.k help please someone Where do i get this miracle worker????? managed to get a customers daughter in Sydney to get one small bottle but could really do with litres of the stuff any one know where to get it please

Can't get it in the U.K.

Angela_Smith
Angela_Smith
angela147
angela147

O'cedar furniture polish is available from any Woolworths or Coles supermarkets in Australia but only in 200ml bottles

Furniture, Fabric & Metal Cleaners

See all O Cedar Liquid Furniture Polish reviews

Julieasked

How can dusting cloths wet with o’cedar liquid polish be washed and the polish completely removed ?

Maurice G Boyce
Maurice G Boyce

I have done this siccessfully by placing all mmy polishing and paint rags, mainly flanelette and old towels (separately from good clothes) into the washing machine, add double detergent select warm water and a long cycle and if possible 3 x rinse and put out to dry in the sun. This has removed all the odour of O Cedar and other polish and paint products including turps and even glue from my large basket of painting and polishing rags that I have been using during restoration of our Queen Anne bedroom furniture.

Julie

Hi Maurice. Thankyou so much for your helpful answer. Will try this.

WGoldberg

WGoldbergasked

Did they change the recipe

Elspeth N.
Elspeth N.

Yes they did and it is much runnier now too. It used to have such a great smell. I.still use it on.my spinning wheels and furniture but it is not as nice and easy to use as it used to be.

Ron

Ronasked

We were using O'Cedar furniture polish on our bed head and the container leaked. How can I get the stain out of my sheet.