• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Customer service is shocking

Had the chip on my car fixed and given a lifetime warranty on it, the chip cracked even more in the week after being fixed. Called 3 times and left messages as phones were busy as the voice record said. No return call. Ended up paying someone else. Should of been a free replacement of windscreen

Franchise UsedPerth, Perth, WA, AU

Takes the money and run

Booked 3 home window replacements and paid deposit. Agreed by phone with them on day and time. Took time off work but they never came. Had to chase them and said they were there a day before. Was going to take another week before they could come again.
Home not secure or safe for 4 year old. Was offered immediate replacement if I paid for after hours service. Unreal!
Got another person to replace windows next day and saved $800.00 odd dollars. Now I can’t get my deposit back. Told them it was done by another but still they try to book me again to do a job that someone else did. Poor service and excuses and will never use their services for anything.

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Misogyny is alive and well at O'Brien

Was quoted $840 to have my Mitsubishi ASX windscreen replaced by a pushy salesman who used high pressure sales techniques to try and frighten me into an immediate purchase. "You must have been terrified when your windscreen cracked. They make such a loud noise, don't they. I bet your heart was racing."

When I said that i wasn't expecting such a high price, he put me on hold so he could 'talk to the local operator and try to get a better price'. Next minute, he quoted me $640.

Had my windscreen replaced through another company and only paid $495.

Tried to find an email for complaints but none listed on their website.

Franchise UsedRoxburgh Park 3064, Hume, Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC, AU

Matt

Matt Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Efficient and prompt attention

O'Brien Electrical were prompt in addressing the task of replacing a noisy fan and moving a power point to a more suitable place to address our cooking options.
The trades person was polite, pleasant and efficient.

Gary

GarySouth East Queensland, QLD

Scammers - look elsewhere

called to get a quote for the ute - it started at $890. went to 790 after objecting to the price. Then to $750. But there was more to come, if you are still not happy they will call back ???????
Clearly trying to milk every cent!!!
I got the job done for $298 by NOVUS - same guarantee.

Franchise UsedOrmeau Hills 4208, Gold Coast, South East Queensland, QLD, AU

Advice from our 8 year old on our road trip to Queensland

We had our widescreen cracked on a road trip up to Queensland and son age 8 from the back seat yelled out we need to call "O O O"Brien's" they would be proud their slogan had made such an impact. Have no idea what other company does windscreens. So we called O'Brien's, great service.

Franchise UsedCarlton 3053, Melbourne, Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC, AU
O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi Jan, that's awesome - thanks for sharing!! Hope you'll see us again in case you need another vehicle glass service. Regards, Dana

Rose

Contacted O'Briens for windscreen quote for 11 year old Nissan X trail, nothing fancy just glass. There was a 3 week wait and quote was $700. Another company did the job the next day for $295 to our satisfaction
Shop around

Franchise UsedElwood 3184, Port Phillip, Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC, AU
Rose

O’Briens feedback suggests this is not an isolated incident.

Brett W.

Brett W.Far North Queensland, QLD

Still under repair

Had windscreen replaced on my MR Triton GLS. They did not have resources to complete the job properly so car was also booked into dealership. Took 2 days to get the car back and was informed sensors had not been refitted correctly. I'm still having issues with sensors out of calibration/ alignment a month later and after 3 visits to the dealership I still get random warning signals and wipers that do not work correctly... The car was less than 12 months old and less than 13000km. Now it's annoying to drive..The installer was good but I believe the product is sub standard.

Franchise UsedAyr 4807, Burdekin, North Queensland, QLD, AU
Mitesh Makwana

Mitesh MakwanaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unprofessional job done

Franchise UsedBraeside 3195, Kingston, Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC, AU

Zoe

ZoeLaunceston, TAS

Disappointing ethos

Franchise UsedInvermay 7248, Launceston, Launceston, TAS, AU
Debbee

DebbeeHunter Region, NSW

Always happy!

The people at O’Brien are such a pleasure! From the administration to the tradesmen. The work is top always quality. That’s how to make a business work. Thankyou, I’m always happy when dealing with you!

Franchise UsedRaymond Terrace 2324, Port Stephens, Hunter Region, NSW, AU
O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi Debbee, thanks for your awesome feedback! We're happy to know that you're impressed with the service you received from our experts throughout every stage of your experience with us. Regards, Nicole

Jason W.

Jason W.Perth, WA

Gouged paintwork and filled with Sikaflex to mask.

Franchise UsedOsborne Park 6017, Stirling, Perth, WA, AU

Hot Water Tank (Not-)Repaired

Poor communication, workmanship and follow up during my experience. Called to fix an issue with Hot Water tank, was “repaired” without any follow up to see if the initial issue was even resolved, it was not. After chasing up was told by the plumber he was “busy, could maybe get there early next week”, must’ve been busy, still waiting for that visit or even a call to postpone. Real reminder to support small businesses with their name on the door that work with some pride.

Franchise UsedCroydon 3136, Maroondah, Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC, AU
Martin K.

Martin K.Perth, WA

Be careful

Be careful about your insurer recommending O'Briens. I had my car booked in for a windscreen replacement but they could only offer a non genuine part without the heating element. I had been very clear about the model when I booked it in . Apparently you can request a genuine replacement through your insurer ( mine was Allianz). I am sure the genuine part is more expensive but that's what I pay my insurance for.

Franchise UsedCannington 6107, Canning, Perth, WA, AU

JanDarling Downs, QLD

Poor workmanship & refuse to remedy

O’Brien Glass replaced the windscreen but did not replace gaskets or use sealant. When the windscreen leaked profusely they declined to do anything to repair the poor workmanship. We had to go to Petrena Windscreens who were happy to apply sealant to stop the leaking.

Franchise UsedToowoomba, Darling Downs, QLD, AU
Jan

On 8/7/20 your mobile repairman called at our home to replace the windscreen in Landcruiser Troopcarrier regn no 681 EZT. The O’Brien fitter didn’t give us any paperwork or a guarantee form which is unusual.

Cateasked

O'Brien

O’Brien, why don’t you be honest and transparent and change your policy about telling customers about installing after market windscreens? Why should we have to specifically ask you for a genuine one that is covered by our insurance? How are we supposed to know about aftermarket ones if you don’t let us know??? Are the insurance companies paying you bonuses?? That would be an interesting investigation! And stop telling us about how your aftermarket ones are the same quality, can’t you tell from all the feedback they are not!!! Another deceived customer, with an aftermarket screen that is so distorted and not sealed properly!!!

Minty3
Minty3

So it’s not just me that had this experience
And they tried to tell me that it was my car a new Subaru that was the problem

Cate

Hey Minty3, go thru all the feedback, no not just you, complain and voice your case.

Snpasked

O'Brien

O’Brien recommended to replace my Mazda windscreen and said everything is covered part of my insurance. I was very happy and said yes. But they didn’t tell me it would be a aftermarket xyg glass. I realised this after one of the car repairer pointed to me by saying this is a aftermarket windscreen.
I think I have been cheated by O’Brien by hiding the fact to me.
Don’t you think now O’Brien should replace my windscreen to genuine Mazda free of cost for not telling me the replacement windscreen is not going to be genuine Mazda?
If not to whom I can escalate this?

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi there, O'Brien® uses glass sourced from reputable manufacturers and presents with all the same specifications and features as your original windscreen. Glass sourced by O'Brien® complies with all the Australian safety and design requirements. Upon request, in some cases we can also fit original manufacturer glass however as your windscreen replacement was covered by insurance; if you have any questions regarding the specifics of your policy we recommend you speak directly with your insurance company. Regards, Nicole

Snp

Hi Obrien, Just for your information. I came to your centre directly with the hope that you will recommend which is best for my car. I had booked an appointment and paid for the chip repair in advance but your technician suggested to go with insurance. He took my policy details and checked in his system and told me everything is covered and I don't need to pay anything for the replacement windscreen. But why did not he tell me, the replacement windscreen is going to be an aftermarket one but not original Mazda?
Do not you think, it is misleading or deceptive conduct by your technician?
If he could have told me then I would have just repaired or should have asked him to go with original windscreen instead of aftermarket product.

Cate

Hey SNP I agree very deceptive. Going thru a similar issue!! Got a generic Chinese import instead of genuine Skoda windscreen. Was told I needed to ask for that. Chinese one cost $894 and all distorted and not sealed properly as wind coming in! Cate

Mark Furmston

Mark Furmstonasked

O'Brien

I am about to replace a windscreen in my Ford Focus RS. Will the windscreen be an OEM calibre or a cheaper aftermarket product. I have been stung with this before and noticed that cabin noise increases and the aftermarket products can be missing the plastic laminate layer that OEM windscreens possess.

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi Mark, as mentioned below, aftermarket glass sourced by O'Brien is from reputable manufacturers and presents with all the same specifications and features as your original windscreen. It also complies with all the Australian safety and design requirements. Subject to availability, you can also request OEM glass. If you have any further questions, our customer service consultants will be happy to discuss.

Get an answer from our members and O'Brien representatives