• Timeliness

Prasad
PrasadGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Monkey Business

Unhappy customerNorthern Region, NSW

Ruined my roof lining and interior when they fitted a windscreen

Good customer service

O'Brien was arranged by my insurer to replace a cracked windscreen. They did so efficiently, but the new screen had an obscuring 2cm wide strip of black dots on the sides. O'Briens listened to our complaint, checked the glass against other stock and replaced the windscreen in a timely manner. I'd use them again.

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi Peter, thanks for providing your feedback. I'm glad to hear the issue was rectified promptly by our experts. Kind regards, Nicole

Shocking service

O’Brien’s did a tiny chip in windscreen they repaired the chip but cracked my windscreen leaving me to claim on my insurance O’Brien’s took no resposiablity for my windcreen on my brand new car now they refuse and AAMI to put factory windscreen back in car only after market windscreen which Mitiubishi have told me that I will now lose $8000 on my trade in for new 2021 model my car got towed away today 160 km from melb to O’Brien’s for windscreen my family and many friend have used O’Brien’s for many many years but now they lose us all over this everyone in control of my car but me seem doesn’t matter whatclient request or pay for in policy

james adair
james adairSydney, NSW

Over priced rip off

Ring around guys , much cheaper else were. Got one installed for less than half the price.
These people take advantage of their customers.
Make a couple of phone calls, these guys rely on you being lazy

Minty3South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible service terrible workmanship

Steven
StevenSydney, NSW

Outstanding! Friendly, professional and very honest!

Dean is one of the most awesome, down to earth tradies I have ever had in my home. He happily advocated on my behalf and provided a professional, quality product at a very affordable price. If you’re in Sydney and you need glass fixed… Ask for Dean!

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Thanks for the awesome feedback Steven! I'll make sure to pass this on to our glazier Dean in Sydney.

Pathetic if I could give 0 I would

Absolutely horrible service! I was shocked to hear the man swearing at my partner while my children where in ear shot and when the company were called to complain about it we were called liars! I’m so shocked at how is was handled NEVER AGAIN

MDWSydney

Paid in advance and then they didn't show up!

Booked and pre-paid a windscreen repair with the Roseville Branch in Sydney. Got a call that afternoon saying the repair guy was running late and wouldn't get there. I said I was fine with the next day or the following day. Their response was maybe on the weekend or the following week which I said wasn't acceptable. Rang their main number who said no other branch could do it as I was in that franchise's area. Zero interest in finding a solution or sending someone from another nearby branch which according to Google maps is only three minutes further away! No interest in customer service or providing the service I paid for in advance. Never again.

Hi,

My reference to the other branch was that from where I am in Crows Nest (it was a mobile job), it was only three minutes further for the Alexandria Branch than for Roseville according to Google maps. The job number was J13025346

Way over priced

After the hail damage from the weekend, they quoted me $1100 for a basic replacement of the windscreen and driverside window. They told me the work would take 1.5 hours. Given that I can purchase the glass brand new myself for $265 for both pieces, this means they are charging $483 per hour labour?! They offered me a 10% discount if I payed now. They then tried to get me to book the vehicle in for repair in 4 weeks time. I have had two other quotes for $550 and $590 and can do the job this week. O'Briens are way over priced!

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi Adam, thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear the quote you received was considerably higher than our competitors. I have provided this information to our pricing department to investigate. Regards, Nicole

KassElly
KassEllyHunter Region, NSW

Disgusting - Replaced Windscreen and damaged vehicle

Agro
AgroSydney, NSW

Way overpriced

I was quoted $700 O'Brien Auto Glass for a basic windscreen replacement. I was quoted elsewhere for $295 and $288,
Had an excellent job done by another repairer who came to my home for $288!!!

BrookeyLaLa
BrookeyLaLaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

O' o' o' O'RIP OFF!

Called to get a quote on a new windscreen for a Mitsubishi ASX - Initial quote was $730 BUT they'd give me a great deal today and knock it back to $680! How generous! I said this was still a bit much and was informed that a chat with a manager could occur to see if they could do me a better deal! They come back with $500 and they can come and do it in a weeks time! Woo Hoo! I say I'll look elsewhere thanks.

Call the local guy - job will be done in two days time, for the over half of the initial price quoted!

O’Brien are absolutely ridiculous - there must be many people out there who aren't informed enough to know that they are paying absurd prices!!!

shannon
shannonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing

The staff at underwood are so friendly and do a professional job. Jodie is amazing and kept me informed as my car couldnt be calibrated on the day but Jodie sorted it out with no problem. Wouldnt use any other company only O'Brien's

Damaged my car - Beyond devastated

I took my car in for an insurance replacement through AAMI, [name removed] from reception (who is not qualified in anything) did a damage report on my vehicle however when I went to collect my car, I noticed they had caused additional damage and cracks to the dashboard but because [name removed] isn't a qualified technician her damage report without this doesn't count as evidence. [name removed] and his branch will not take any responsibility for damages caused even though it is now defected for registration. Do not take your vehicle to the untrustworthy technicians at Alexandria - it will cost you!

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi Bea, I'm sorry to hear this was your experience with us. I would like to investigate this further, could you please email feedback@obrienglass.com.au with your job number and contact details. Regards, Nicole

Cateasked
O'Brien

O’Brien, why don’t you be honest and transparent and change your policy about telling customers about installing after market windscreens? Why should we have to specifically ask you for a genuine one that is covered by our insurance? How are we supposed to know about aftermarket ones if you don’t let us know??? Are the insurance companies paying you bonuses?? That would be an interesting investigation! And stop telling us about how your aftermarket ones are the same quality, can’t you tell from all the feedback they are not!!! Another deceived customer, with an aftermarket screen that is so distorted and not sealed properly!!!

Minty3

So it’s not just me that had this experience
And they tried to tell me that it was my car a new Subaru that was the problem

Cate

Hey Minty3, go thru all the feedback, no not just you, complain and voice your case.

Snpasked
O'Brien

O’Brien recommended to replace my Mazda windscreen and said everything is covered part of my insurance. I was very happy and said yes. But they didn’t tell me it would be a aftermarket xyg glass. I realised this after one of the car repairer pointed to me by saying this is a aftermarket windscreen.
I think I have been cheated by O’Brien by hiding the fact to me.
Don’t you think now O’Brien should replace my windscreen to genuine Mazda free of cost for not telling me the replacement windscreen is not going to be genuine Mazda?
If not to whom I can escalate this?

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi there, O'Brien® uses glass sourced from reputable manufacturers and presents with all the same specifications and features as your original windscreen. Glass sourced by O'Brien® complies with all the Australian safety and design requirements. Upon request, in some cases we can also fit original manufacturer glass however as your windscreen replacement was covered by insurance; if you have any questions regarding the specifics of your policy we recommend you speak directly with your insurance company. Regards, Nicole

Snp

Hi Obrien, Just for your information. I came to your centre directly with the hope that you will recommend which is best for my car. I had booked an appointment and paid for the chip repair in advance but your technician suggested to go with insurance. He took my policy details and checked in his system and told me everything is covered and I don't need to pay anything for the replacement windscreen. But why did not he tell me, the replacement windscreen is going to be an aftermarket one but not original Mazda?
Do not you think, it is misleading or deceptive conduct by your technician?
If he could have told me then I would have just repaired or should have asked him to go with original windscreen instead of aftermarket product.

Cate

Hey SNP I agree very deceptive. Going thru a similar issue!! Got a generic Chinese import instead of genuine Skoda windscreen. Was told I needed to ask for that. Chinese one cost $894 and all distorted and not sealed properly as wind coming in! Cate

Mark Furmston
Mark Furmstonasked
O'Brien

I am about to replace a windscreen in my Ford Focus RS. Will the windscreen be an OEM calibre or a cheaper aftermarket product. I have been stung with this before and noticed that cabin noise increases and the aftermarket products can be missing the plastic laminate layer that OEM windscreens possess.

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi Mark, as mentioned below, aftermarket glass sourced by O'Brien is from reputable manufacturers and presents with all the same specifications and features as your original windscreen. It also complies with all the Australian safety and design requirements. Subject to availability, you can also request OEM glass. If you have any further questions, our customer service consultants will be happy to discuss.

Get an answer from our members and O'Brien representatives