• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Alan Cahill
Alan CahillMelbourne

Shop around for alternative quotes

Franchise UsedEpping 3076, Whittlesea, Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC, AU
John
JohnSydney, NSW

Poor Workmanship

Franchise UsedMoorebank 2170, Liverpool, Sydney, NSW, AU
Brett W.
Brett W.Far North Queensland, QLD

Still under repair

Had windscreen replaced on my MR Triton GLS. They did not have resources to complete the job properly so car was also booked into dealership. Took 2 days to get the car back and was informed sensors had not been refitted correctly. I'm still having issues with sensors out of calibration/ alignment a month later and after 3 visits to the dealership I still get random warning signals and wipers that do not work correctly... The car was less than 12 months old and less than 13000km. Now it's annoying to drive..The installer was good but I believe the product is sub standard.

Franchise UsedAyr 4807, Burdekin, North Queensland, QLD, AU

Quote double the price of 3 direct competitors

Following a crack in my windscreen I sort several quotes for repair. Other repairers happy to quote online or on first call. O’Briens insist on collecting a whole heap of personal data and then you receive a hardsell call from an Indian call centre. The sales agent evasive about total cost of repair rather highlighting all the worthless “benefits” of its service versus competitors. I respectfully declined he quote ($595 for a Hyundai i30, 2013 model) because I had several other quotes for exactly half this price. Next day I started receiving scamming calls from Indian call centre. Always seek multiple quotes when getting any car repairs done!

Franchise UsedWestern Australia, AU
GMTOZ
GMTOZSYDNEY

Expensive and not great

I should have picked up on how expensive their quote was - but it was an urgent job. Later found out that they are nearly twice the cost of others. For that should have expected outstanding service. Job was done well enough but glass wasn't cleaned once installed and I was left to install the safety decals myself (not that easy for inexperienced person).

Franchise UsedCastle Hill 2154, The Hills Shire, Sydney, NSW, AU
Barry Low
Barry LowPerth, WA

Not really impressed

We had thought of changing the bathroom before the screen shattered. Thought they could have been more helpful. We needed suggestions and advice. They just wanted to repair and leave

Franchise UsedWestern Australia, AU
Lisa L.
Lisa L.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Communication

Communication was very poor in my experience. No phone calls, no times....
Didn't contact me when was told they would. Rocked up with no prior notice. Very unhappy with service.

3 weeks to get my window replaced

Ordered my window on a Friday, told it will be installed a week later, called to see where the installer was, I was told my ordered was lost, will be another week, received an email a week later saying it will be ready on Tuesday, and was finally installed on the Friday, 3 weeks after the initial measure up

Silver
SilverVictoria

Quote one price over the phone, charge much more after job completed.

I was quoted $430 with the measurements I gave over the phone for a single glass panel. Once job was completed I was then charged $770. I complained, and company said that they would look into it and call me the next day, however they never did. I’ll never use their services again, and will make sure to tell as many people I can to do the same.

George Heathcote
George HeathcoteSouth East Queensland, QLD

EXPENSIVE

I rented a Toyota Corolla 2019 model and a small stone flicked up off the road and chipped the windscreen. Allegedly the chip couldn't be repaired. Cost over $1,150 for repair, I received quotes of around $450 elsewhere so complete rip-off. Avoid.

Could’ve done better

Girl on the phone was rude, job was done at a smash repairs, they lost the covers for the inner pillar screw cover and didn’t worry about it. Very obvious, windscreen installation was good but workmanship needs more attention, customers do notice missing parts.

MattSydney, NSW

Returned twice

Had to return vehicle twice as job was not completed the first time and the second time included a faulty product.
Also the fact that there is no way of collecting the vehicle outside of working hours is a huge inconvenience.

Palak
PalakSydney, NSW

Unprofessional worker

I needed my car front glass changed. I was told that the mechanic/ glass repairer will call me 30 minutes prior to arrival and the time range was 0800 to 1200 hours.
Now the mechanic called me like 5-10 minutes before and when my husband asked for a bit of time he just kept saying "No" (indirectly) in a very rude way. After the call disconnected, in 2 minutes he texted "I am here thank you".
It is mandatory to give your customer enough time to be prepared for the service. We live in an apartment with the basement parking. It takes us about 10 minutes to get to the car and drive it up. That person/mechanic should be told to inform customer well before time and needs to learn how to be humble to O'Brien customers.

Janeen
JaneenSYDNEY

Knowledge of products at the call centre

Staff on the phone do not know all details of product. Just kept saying Like for Like which is not true.
Staff returning calls with answers was at inconvenient times, eg through working hours, when I am unable to receive calls.

Wayne
WayneSydney, NSW

Broken windscreen? Better wait two weeks then

Have fully comp and windscreen cover on insurance so logged a claim after hail cracked my windscreen - Im unable to drive the car. Was advised that I would be booked in for a visit in TWO weeks time! O'Brien didnt seem to think this was a problem nor my insurance. They wont pay for anyone else though so I'm stuck waiting with a car I can't drive. Who has to wait two weeks for a windscreen replacement??!

Cateasked
O'Brien

O’Brien, why don’t you be honest and transparent and change your policy about telling customers about installing after market windscreens? Why should we have to specifically ask you for a genuine one that is covered by our insurance? How are we supposed to know about aftermarket ones if you don’t let us know??? Are the insurance companies paying you bonuses?? That would be an interesting investigation! And stop telling us about how your aftermarket ones are the same quality, can’t you tell from all the feedback they are not!!! Another deceived customer, with an aftermarket screen that is so distorted and not sealed properly!!!

Minty3
Minty3

So it’s not just me that had this experience
And they tried to tell me that it was my car a new Subaru that was the problem

Cate

Hey Minty3, go thru all the feedback, no not just you, complain and voice your case.

Snpasked
O'Brien

O’Brien recommended to replace my Mazda windscreen and said everything is covered part of my insurance. I was very happy and said yes. But they didn’t tell me it would be a aftermarket xyg glass. I realised this after one of the car repairer pointed to me by saying this is a aftermarket windscreen.
I think I have been cheated by O’Brien by hiding the fact to me.
Don’t you think now O’Brien should replace my windscreen to genuine Mazda free of cost for not telling me the replacement windscreen is not going to be genuine Mazda?
If not to whom I can escalate this?

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi there, O'Brien® uses glass sourced from reputable manufacturers and presents with all the same specifications and features as your original windscreen. Glass sourced by O'Brien® complies with all the Australian safety and design requirements. Upon request, in some cases we can also fit original manufacturer glass however as your windscreen replacement was covered by insurance; if you have any questions regarding the specifics of your policy we recommend you speak directly with your insurance company. Regards, Nicole

Snp

Hi Obrien, Just for your information. I came to your centre directly with the hope that you will recommend which is best for my car. I had booked an appointment and paid for the chip repair in advance but your technician suggested to go with insurance. He took my policy details and checked in his system and told me everything is covered and I don't need to pay anything for the replacement windscreen. But why did not he tell me, the replacement windscreen is going to be an aftermarket one but not original Mazda?
Do not you think, it is misleading or deceptive conduct by your technician?
If he could have told me then I would have just repaired or should have asked him to go with original windscreen instead of aftermarket product.

Cate

Hey SNP I agree very deceptive. Going thru a similar issue!! Got a generic Chinese import instead of genuine Skoda windscreen. Was told I needed to ask for that. Chinese one cost $894 and all distorted and not sealed properly as wind coming in! Cate

Mark Furmston
Mark Furmstonasked
O'Brien

I am about to replace a windscreen in my Ford Focus RS. Will the windscreen be an OEM calibre or a cheaper aftermarket product. I have been stung with this before and noticed that cabin noise increases and the aftermarket products can be missing the plastic laminate layer that OEM windscreens possess.

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi Mark, as mentioned below, aftermarket glass sourced by O'Brien is from reputable manufacturers and presents with all the same specifications and features as your original windscreen. It also complies with all the Australian safety and design requirements. Subject to availability, you can also request OEM glass. If you have any further questions, our customer service consultants will be happy to discuss.

Get an answer from our members and O'Brien representatives