• Timeliness

Franchise UsedGregory Hills 2567, Camden, Sydney, NSW, AU
Ramon
RamonHobart, TAS

Poor appointment scheduling service

When visiting the O'Brien Hobart outlet we experienced excellent service! We then lodged a new screen replacement via their telephone scheduling service which incorrectly booked in the service date. The confirming sms confirmation to us did not correspond to our date we booked or either theirs that was to take place?we in turn had too wait another week for the screen of our 4wd to be replaced.
O'Brien store and installer themselves are excellent but their scheduling providers failed.

Franchise UsedHobart, TAS, AU
Ronald SSydney, NSW

Prompt service but issues

Prompt service covered by my insurance
Offered windscreen wiper for $35 cash which I agreed to then on pick told not done out of stock
windscreen wiper now rattles very annoying on the six hour trip
E-toll tag fell off in a day so had to go to Service NSW to get new one

Franchise UsedAlexandria 2015, Sydney, Sydney, NSW, AU

J12625645
Contact

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Thanks for sending your details through. I have passed your feedback to the branch manager at O'Brien AutoGlass Alexandria. He will be in touch shortly to discuss your concerns. Regards, Nicole

Donald Wells
Donald WellsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Average

I phoned O’Brien glass they transferred me to my insurance company my insurance company sent a order number to O’Brien Glass but O’Brien didn’t bother to contact me about getting the job done until my insurance company got onto you to me that’s poor service

Franchise UsedUnderwood 4119, Logan, South East Queensland, QLD, AU
Kaye
Kaye

Windscreen replacement good but...

The replacement of the windscreen was good. The workman told me that when a new windscreen is replaced that it's a good idea to replace the wiper blades. I said ok - if that's normal. He replaced them and charged me $50. When I got home my husband told me that the blades were only replaced 3 days earlier when we had the car serviced (I did not know this). I'm annoyed that I paid $50 to replace brand new blades and that the workman didn't pick that up and let me know.

Franchise UsedToowoomba, Darling Downs, QLD, AU
Michelle C.
Michelle C.South East Queensland, QLD

Glass in doors and a window

My antique doors fitted the specified safety glass. Hopefully no more storm damage at least this year. Paul did a great job and not many young guys have his putty skills.

JohnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good job spoiled.

The job was done while I was away from the vehicle. Disappointed to find on my return scuff marks on the dash which had been covered up by the dash matt.

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi John, thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear this as it doesn't illustrate our usual high standard of customer service - could you please provide your job number so I can forward this feedback to the branch manager? Regards, Nicole

Job number J12387940
Invoice 565103283
Branch Brooklyn

Chris P.
Chris P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good overall service

Had my windscreen replaced at Ringwood branch however windscreen was not put in correctly and resulted in it leaking when it rained that night. Windscreen was refitted at my house by a very professional gentleman who made sure the windscreen was refitted correctly and I'm glad to say that night when it rained very heavily there was no leak.

Jason
JasonIllawarra, NSW

Average job

They did everything to be expected but left black hand marks on my interior and off cuts of rubber in my car. I also bought new wiper blades from the technician

JSD
JSDPerth, WA

Windscreen Replacement

Had to replace front windscreen on my Ford Focus ST due to scratches and was left with a mixed feelings. O’Brian’s customers service was excellent and installer has done the good job ( no leaks ) but the glass they use is not the best. The brand is xyg and the shape was slightly out to the original glass. There is also a slight image distortion if you look through the passenger side ( very common issue with this glass ). I have decided not to complain as the replacement will probably be the same so I would rather not go through the hassle. Overall good but not perfect.

Lana W
Lana WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Insurance paid for my windscreen

Windscreen has lifetime warranty
X3 customers were upset with their vehicles
My experience was ok. Toyota wanted O'Brien to do it on their premises as they wanted me to not travel, get a loan car and do the calibration, O'Brien refused comes down to the $. Not the customer I was to tired and exhausted to argue.
They gave me my report and I got Toyota to check their workmanship and the report. They said all up to standard. They were also disappointed in them not allowing me to drop the car in their workshop to make it easier on me the customer.
All is good. QBE has always used O'Brien and no complaints of my own thus far.

Anthony J.Gippsland, VIC

75% Happy

O'Brien Vehicle Glass offered a great phone conversation in regards to assessing my situation and organising how the job will run when l contacted them by phone. The windscreen fitter even rang me to let me know he was on his way, so for all of that 100%. The finish on the windscreen was of high standard. The only discrepancy l could say is that l was unhappy with the some leaft over silicon, dirt on the dash board...l felt it should of been cleared. A good tradesperson always cleans up after him or herself. I'am giving the fitter *** 75% everything else ***** 100%.

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi Anthony, sorry to hear your technician did not clear the area appropriately upon completing the job. Can you please email feedback@obrienglass.com.au with your job number so I can pass this feedback on to your servicing branch. Regards, Nicole

Anthony J.

Hi Nocole your help is much appreciated. Job Number - J12332432 - Kind Regards - Anthony.

Broke the door and left a mess. [They've now apologised]

They fixed the window, it seems to be fitted OK & working OK so they get 2 stars for that. But they lose a star for breaking the promise on their website: "We vacuum up any broken glass, and remove from within the doors if side glass has been broken" (https://www.obrienautoglass.com.au/experts/). They lose two more stars for leaving the door in a completely inoperable state.

Edit: Just an update, I had a follow-up call from O'Brien offering an apology and a chip repair voucher. So I've bumped it up a star for good follow-up customer service.

Courtesy Vehicle Please
Courtesy Vehicle PleaseGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A courtesy car would make all the difference

They did a good job and were nice people. Having a courtesy vehicle would have made life much easier. Sat hours were 8am to 4pm, but they told me to come back before 12pm so that they could leave early.

Mark
Mark

Original windscreen vs a replacement

If you have a late model vehicle with factory tint in your windscreen, be sure to specify that the replacement must be an OEM windscreen.
My Jeep Grand Cherokee windscreen was replaced with the O'Brien replacement, which is clear glass. The difference was obvious from day 1, however O'Brien would not accept that it was different from the original, stating that it was identical and also illegal to have a tinted windscreen in Australia.
It took 6 months of hassling with the my insurance company and getting the Jeep part number of the correct windscreen before they would concede that it was different. 6 months later I have the correct factory-tinted windscreen back.

Cateasked
O'Brien

O’Brien, why don’t you be honest and transparent and change your policy about telling customers about installing after market windscreens? Why should we have to specifically ask you for a genuine one that is covered by our insurance? How are we supposed to know about aftermarket ones if you don’t let us know??? Are the insurance companies paying you bonuses?? That would be an interesting investigation! And stop telling us about how your aftermarket ones are the same quality, can’t you tell from all the feedback they are not!!! Another deceived customer, with an aftermarket screen that is so distorted and not sealed properly!!!

Minty3
Minty3

So it’s not just me that had this experience
And they tried to tell me that it was my car a new Subaru that was the problem

Cate

Hey Minty3, go thru all the feedback, no not just you, complain and voice your case.

Snpasked
O'Brien

O’Brien recommended to replace my Mazda windscreen and said everything is covered part of my insurance. I was very happy and said yes. But they didn’t tell me it would be a aftermarket xyg glass. I realised this after one of the car repairer pointed to me by saying this is a aftermarket windscreen.
I think I have been cheated by O’Brien by hiding the fact to me.
Don’t you think now O’Brien should replace my windscreen to genuine Mazda free of cost for not telling me the replacement windscreen is not going to be genuine Mazda?
If not to whom I can escalate this?

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi there, O'Brien® uses glass sourced from reputable manufacturers and presents with all the same specifications and features as your original windscreen. Glass sourced by O'Brien® complies with all the Australian safety and design requirements. Upon request, in some cases we can also fit original manufacturer glass however as your windscreen replacement was covered by insurance; if you have any questions regarding the specifics of your policy we recommend you speak directly with your insurance company. Regards, Nicole

Snp

Hi Obrien, Just for your information. I came to your centre directly with the hope that you will recommend which is best for my car. I had booked an appointment and paid for the chip repair in advance but your technician suggested to go with insurance. He took my policy details and checked in his system and told me everything is covered and I don't need to pay anything for the replacement windscreen. But why did not he tell me, the replacement windscreen is going to be an aftermarket one but not original Mazda?
Do not you think, it is misleading or deceptive conduct by your technician?
If he could have told me then I would have just repaired or should have asked him to go with original windscreen instead of aftermarket product.

Cate

Hey SNP I agree very deceptive. Going thru a similar issue!! Got a generic Chinese import instead of genuine Skoda windscreen. Was told I needed to ask for that. Chinese one cost $894 and all distorted and not sealed properly as wind coming in! Cate

Mark Furmston
Mark Furmstonasked
O'Brien

I am about to replace a windscreen in my Ford Focus RS. Will the windscreen be an OEM calibre or a cheaper aftermarket product. I have been stung with this before and noticed that cabin noise increases and the aftermarket products can be missing the plastic laminate layer that OEM windscreens possess.

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi Mark, as mentioned below, aftermarket glass sourced by O'Brien is from reputable manufacturers and presents with all the same specifications and features as your original windscreen. It also complies with all the Australian safety and design requirements. Subject to availability, you can also request OEM glass. If you have any further questions, our customer service consultants will be happy to discuss.

Get an answer from our members and O'Brien representatives