• Timeliness
  • Rates and Fees

Leanne McKane

Leanne McKaneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Plumber

Great service with professional attitude and showed up when they said they would. Very quick to have a solution for our problem. Pricing was very reasonable for the work completed.

Sammy

Sammy

Ben was on the level

Initially unsure but when relaxed Ben was courteous, prompt and helpful. Later he passed by again and offered to help. I was very appreciative as it was a difficult task.

deborah johnston-booker

deborah johnston-bookerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Replacement of car windscreen

I found the staff very helpful, prompt service, great waiting room, no problem with the insurance company and O 'Brien working together.. I would recommend them to everyone. The young technician put his lunch break back to fit in with me. Thank you.

Franchise UsedQueensland, AU

Hayley M.

Hayley M.

Great

speedy shield replacement ! Was on time 830 am
Was polite and over All pleased with my new shield glad it was a quick wait for appointment 1 week from claim recommend through insurance

Franchise UsedThe Hills Shire, Sydney, NSW, AU
Andrew

AndrewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Was exactly what I wanted and in a timely manner . Thank you.

Had an older model Nissan screen in stock. Was able to fit it within 18 hrs of cold calling. Very friendly and professional service too. Thank you o much Obriens widscreens

Franchise UsedMordialloc 3195, Kingston, Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC, AU

good job

This was the second time I had used O'Brien. the 1st time was Xmas eve 2018 and there was no issue about doing the repair that day, hence we had no hesitation in ringing O'Brien for our recent repair, incidentally we got the same man. He was great, very friendly and happy to answer questions about how the repair works, me being curious. I would have no hesitation recommending O'Brien

Franchise UsedHopetoun Park 3340, Moorabool, Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC, AU
Simon K

Simon K

Good company professional service.

Franchise UsedNorth Wollongong 2500, Wollongong, Illawarra, NSW, AU
scotsgor

scotsgorJindivick

Timely exercise

I was told an hour wait on the phone. When I arrived(15 mins before appt. time) I was told 1 to 1.5 hours. The job took 2.5 hours. I was given no explanation, just told sorry it took so long

Franchise UsedBraeside 3195, Kingston, Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC, AU

communications

everything went well except for lack of communication on the morning of the service.i received a txt the day before saying that obriens would ring or contact me in the morning suggesting a time ...i waited ...till around 30 mins before the job the driver rang giving me a time of his arrival..which was good..but i had to wait till mid afternoon!!...meaning i could not plan my day around it.

Franchise UsedCornubia 4130, Logan, South East Queensland, QLD, AU

Kristy G.

Kristy G.

At home appts

Love that we're never charged extra for an at home appt. We live out of town and it's never a problem to book a same day appt. Very helpful to not have to take the kids to town.

Franchise UsedThe Rock 2655, Lockhart, Murrumbidgee Region, NSW, AU
Peter of Rozelle

Peter of RozelleSydney Surrounds, NSW

Cat Door experts

Needed as Cat door installed as a new resident, rang, they came and checked, quoted and with quote accepted booked it all in and then came as arranged and installed, at time stated took old glass away

Ronald R

Ronald RMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

making contact

My difficulty is with the "call centre' " telephone contact;I found it difficult and even when I tried a direct number it still appeared to go to the " call centre". I eventually went to the local office and workshop where I found the staff to be very helpful.

Franchise UsedMarion 5043, Marion, Metropolitan Adelaide, SA, AU

Good service..

Staff was good, done his job well on time. Not taken long hours to fix the windscreen. Eliminate the chip on windscreen more than 80%. I will recommend Obrien Glass for any kind of glass damage.

Franchise UsedEpping 3076, Whittlesea, Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC, AU
Connie

ConnieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good service

Great service but felt you were hiding costs. Was told $30 for new wipers. I agreed. I then got a bill gor $60 as they were $30 each. This wasn't explained at the beginning. Not fair and not nice way to do business.

Franchise UsedThornlands 4164, Redland, South East Queensland, QLD, AU
David R.

David R.Canberra 2600, ACT

Fitting rear canopy windscreen to Toyota HiLux

While the cost of the replacement glass was a little expensive, I was very happy with the result. The canopy is not a Toyota canopy, and it took a while for the order to be completed, but when it did arrive, it was fitted the next day.

Franchise UsedFyshwick 2609, ACT, AU

Cateasked

O'Brien

O’Brien, why don’t you be honest and transparent and change your policy about telling customers about installing after market windscreens? Why should we have to specifically ask you for a genuine one that is covered by our insurance? How are we supposed to know about aftermarket ones if you don’t let us know??? Are the insurance companies paying you bonuses?? That would be an interesting investigation! And stop telling us about how your aftermarket ones are the same quality, can’t you tell from all the feedback they are not!!! Another deceived customer, with an aftermarket screen that is so distorted and not sealed properly!!!

Minty3
Minty3

So it’s not just me that had this experience
And they tried to tell me that it was my car a new Subaru that was the problem

Cate

Hey Minty3, go thru all the feedback, no not just you, complain and voice your case.

Snpasked

O'Brien

O’Brien recommended to replace my Mazda windscreen and said everything is covered part of my insurance. I was very happy and said yes. But they didn’t tell me it would be a aftermarket xyg glass. I realised this after one of the car repairer pointed to me by saying this is a aftermarket windscreen.
I think I have been cheated by O’Brien by hiding the fact to me.
Don’t you think now O’Brien should replace my windscreen to genuine Mazda free of cost for not telling me the replacement windscreen is not going to be genuine Mazda?
If not to whom I can escalate this?

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi there, O'Brien® uses glass sourced from reputable manufacturers and presents with all the same specifications and features as your original windscreen. Glass sourced by O'Brien® complies with all the Australian safety and design requirements. Upon request, in some cases we can also fit original manufacturer glass however as your windscreen replacement was covered by insurance; if you have any questions regarding the specifics of your policy we recommend you speak directly with your insurance company. Regards, Nicole

Snp

Hi Obrien, Just for your information. I came to your centre directly with the hope that you will recommend which is best for my car. I had booked an appointment and paid for the chip repair in advance but your technician suggested to go with insurance. He took my policy details and checked in his system and told me everything is covered and I don't need to pay anything for the replacement windscreen. But why did not he tell me, the replacement windscreen is going to be an aftermarket one but not original Mazda?
Do not you think, it is misleading or deceptive conduct by your technician?
If he could have told me then I would have just repaired or should have asked him to go with original windscreen instead of aftermarket product.

Cate

Hey SNP I agree very deceptive. Going thru a similar issue!! Got a generic Chinese import instead of genuine Skoda windscreen. Was told I needed to ask for that. Chinese one cost $894 and all distorted and not sealed properly as wind coming in! Cate

Mark Furmston

Mark Furmstonasked

O'Brien

I am about to replace a windscreen in my Ford Focus RS. Will the windscreen be an OEM calibre or a cheaper aftermarket product. I have been stung with this before and noticed that cabin noise increases and the aftermarket products can be missing the plastic laminate layer that OEM windscreens possess.

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi Mark, as mentioned below, aftermarket glass sourced by O'Brien is from reputable manufacturers and presents with all the same specifications and features as your original windscreen. It also complies with all the Australian safety and design requirements. Subject to availability, you can also request OEM glass. If you have any further questions, our customer service consultants will be happy to discuss.

Get an answer from our members and O'Brien representatives