OFX (page 2 of 12)

Worst forex transfer I have used

I started a new transfer with ofx around a week ago which they cancelled on their own accord citing security compliance. When I called them up they told me they had not received the money inspite of me getting a confirmed transfer from my bank. After 3 calls to them and having to send them screenshots as proof that I have transferred funds to them they manage to find my funds :/ All this and they still have the audacity of charging a fee of $15
Never going to use them again

Shane EGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great service however security may be an issue

Shane E

Sorry thats not a satisfactory response. The fact is that the time my account was compromised would be easily overcome with a 2nd tier of authentication but you don’t address this. Surely this would be a sensible change.

Very Happy Customer

ASX company and good rates, was why we initially dealt with OFX Found our financial transaction was smooth and professionally handled. (Unlike dealings with ANZ bank another time which also didn’t have as good rates and took over a week to hit the recipient account)!
Every person we have dealt with at OFX has been extremely professional, friendly and we would highly recommend *****

Fast and prompt service Australia to USA money in US account within 16 hours

I have used OFX 3 times and have transferred a large some of money Australia to US. All 3 transactions had the money in the US bank account within 16 hours of commencing transaction. Customer service exceptional on my first transaction they phoned two minutes after submitting to guide me through the process and see if they could be of assistance. I would not hesitate in recommending this service, they have great rates. I tracked over the course of 2 weeks and usually found best rate Australian time between 12.30pm and 2.00pm, but obviously this would change. Had no fees a safe and secure way to transfer money. The call centre was also not foreign operated so the support was fabulous.

These people are so rude

They have blacklisted me for trying to send money to a company they say they won't deal with. OK maybe that's their choice but why do this to me. I have done nothing wrong. Now a bank has refused to except my money for a purchase i wanted to make. I worry that this might give me a bad financial score.

They Are Holding My Money

This is the second time I have transferred money from America back to my Australian bank account and the second time OFX has held my money at least two weeks with me chasing and chasing them for it.

Kcp

KcpToowoomba

Simple and easy

The best rates out there always ...the process is simple and quick.. trust worthy agents ..money in the bank in no time

OFXOFX

Thank you for the positive feedback! Glad we've been able to make the process easier for you. Regards. The OFX team

Max

MaxWellington

from Canada to New Zealand

Great service. Very easy to move money from Canada to New Zealand since they have an account in a Canadian bank.

OFXOFX

Thank you for the positive review, Max! We're glad you enjoy our service. Kind regards, The OFX team

John M

John M

Good straight forward service

Used this service to transfer NZD to AUD recently. Communication from compnay was very good, with email updates sent at each stage of the process. Quick transfer and much better rates than the Bank were offering. Would use again.

OFXOFX

Thank you for the great feedback, John! We look forward to helping you with your next transfer. Kind regards, The OFX team

Good service for small transfer just not large ones

OFXOFX

Still better than banks but there are cheaper alternatives...

Was using OFX for a few years. Great support, and rates, but I switched to another provider. Remove $15 transfer fee and you will get my business back.

Cheers,
Dan

Best I've found so far

I've transferred with ofx.com (ozforex.com.au) about 7 times between AU and NZ and once from USA. It takes about a week each time. I've always sent $1000+

Rates are better than the banks. They are registered with https://fos.org.au - Member number: 11340
ACN/ABN: 65092375703 - so worst case, you can have a long and drawn out government arbitration to get your money back (hopefully).

https://xe.com has better rates, but they're not registered in AU as far as I can tell, I don't trust them as much with my money.

Do not deal with this company

I totally agree with the negative comments about this company. They have asked me for so much personal information that I have decided to kiss goodbye to my money and deal with another company or even my local bank who will do the same thing without the security worries. I wouldn't even give it 1 star!

Anna

AnnaSydney

All was good before I tried to transfer money back home to Russia

CaroS

CaroSBrisbane

They say they can't receive payments from third parties....

I have wasted so much time with this company finding out they cannot support me. I opened an ING account and OFX are their international transfers agent. I wanted royalty payments routed via OFX to my ING account. Long story short - they can't. Be really clear about their capabilities before you waste time with OFX.

Oh and don't expect help from customer service. I was told the money wasn't there when it was in an unassigned pool and then, when they found it, I had to get it reversed back to the payee to be paid through another international transfers organisation.

Kaylean

KayleanPerth

Better service than expected

Have been using this service for about 6 months for transfers to Canada. Have been impressed with the service and their rates are better than the competitors. Transfers usually take only one or two days, depending on the time of day the transfer is conducted. Always had good service when speaking to phone staff.

OFXOFX

Thank you for the wonderful feedback, Kaylean! We're happy to be of service.

Best regards,
The OFX team

Customer Service Representatives Need Training

Nancy L

Nancy Lmelbourne

No longer fee free - no longer the company for me

OFXOFX

Thank you for your feedback Nancy, and sincerest apologies for the mishap. Thanks for your time on the phone earlier and please do not hesitate to let us know if you are experiencing any other issues with your account.

Kind regards, The OFX team

Graham Morse

Graham MorseBrisbane

Support staff need training

It was a query about transferring South African Rands to Australian Dollars. I was informed that 'no problem', OFX could do it. However, I would need to transfer the funds to a New York bank! The support staff seemed unaware that certain forex control regulations exist in South Africa. Well, it 'was a problem'. As OFX do NOT have a South African bank account, they cannot provide a forex service from there.

winno7

winno7South East Queensland, QLD

Professional and helpful service - great rate

Daniel E Conrad

Daniel E Conradasked

I have had a bad experience with OFX lately, When it all started everything was just great all my transfers went through without a problem until i tried checking up my OFX account online because i sent some funds to a family friend who was not around to check up to see weather the funds has reached his bank account so just when i decided to check my OFX account online i was asked to call them before i could gain access to my account which i did only for one of the workers there to talk to me like i was some criminal for using their service after using it for months with no problems until i got off the phone and sent them an email demanding and asking them about the last transfer i made and made it clear to them about sending my funds back to me if it hasn't gotten to the recipient that was when their manager sent me an email telling me the funds was sent back to them for no reason and i simply asked this guys to send back my funds to my bank account just the same way they debited it out of my account only for the manager to tell me to go to my bank and ask them to make a recall before i get my money , I went to the bank and my bank manager had no idea of what a recall is even though the OFX manager seems to be the only nice person at that department am starting to loose my patient all i want is my money back i have read a lot of cases like this why would you stress people before sending back their funds to them ? You guys better make a ACH wire transfer to my account of the exact funds you debited out of my account i am not interested in dealing with you again all i want is my funds or i will sue you , I made a that transfer on 11th July till now am unable to get my money back since the transfer to the recipient bank was not successful and you confirmed to me that you have my money with you please kindly send back my money into my bank account or i will sue your company i won't wait much longer again . I won't advice or recommend any one to use OFX when i believe there are better money transfer companies out there who would not keep their customers funds for any reason.

Sharman

Sharmanasked

Hi, my OFX account is in Australia but I am working in France now for a short time. I have just entered a new recipient to my account because I want to exchange some AU$ from my home bank in OZ into euros and deposit it to the new recipients account. However, the new addition is not showing up on my list of recipients so I cannot complete the transaction. My new recipient is a company in Germany from whom I am purchasing a car - if that makes any difference. Any ideas?

Hi Sharman,

Would you be able to please send us an email at customer.service@ofx.com or give us a call at +44 207 614 4194, and we will have a look at your account? Alternatively, you could also send us a private message on either Facebook or Twitter, and our customer service team will assist you with this query.

Best regards,
The OFX team

dcad

dcadasked

I would like to transfer money from Japan to Canada. Does OFX offer a Japanese domestic bank account, so that I can fund the transaction with a domestic transfer? Thanks.

Hi dcad,

OFX holds a bank account based in the Japanese Yen but it is not a domestic Japanese account. It is held offshore.

Kind regards

The OFX Team

Get an answer from our members and OFX representatives

CategoryMoney Transfer Services