Olay Complete UV Max Defence Lotion Sensitive (SPF30)

Olay Complete UV Max Defence Lotion Sensitive (SPF30)

phoenixd

phoenixdMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Better as a sunscreen than a moisturiser

I have sensitive skin and find most 30+ SPF products too oily, heavy and irritating. As Olay was on special at the supermarket, I picked up a bottle (plastic pump pack is great!) to try. That was 2 years ago. I use this as a sunscreen only for the days that I go out in the sun, and I layer it on last after my regular toner-serum-moisturiser. The thick white fluid does go on a little oily with a slightly white cast, but settles in after about 20 minutes. If it still looks shiny, I blot gently with a tissue. It does its job as a sunscreen that doesn’t irritate my skin, so I’m happy with it and have continued to purchase. I can’t comment on its moisturising properties though.

Annie

AnnieSydney

It doesn't moisturise- it dries you out!!!

I have used this for 3days and started to give me drty itchy white patches on my face, i just thought it was the winter, but I've used other moisturisers and didn't have those problem. Yesterday after shower i applied this Olay moisturiser on my face and the white flaky patches turned red and my skin was burning. I have used Olay moisturiser for few years and 2 years ago I started using Neutrogena because I didn't feel Olay was moisturising- last week I decided to buy Olay again thinking it's still good. The company is cheating it's customers- I'm sure they are adding nasty chemicals. ACC will be informed.

charlie d

charlie dlogan

Works well

There's not a huge amount to say as this product does exactly as described, works well as a moisturiser. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because I'd like it to be a little thinner, its a medium consistency rubs in quite well just if you have other products on as well it gets a bit harder. Oh yeh and don't cry or rub your eyes unless you like a burning pain for several hours. Quite good for sensitive or acne prone skin.

Moisturisers

Find out how Olay Complete UV Max Defence Lotion Sensitive (SPF30) compares to other Moisturisers

Disappointed

I have been using the 30+ Day Cream for Sensitive Skin for about 6 years. I loved this product. It didn't react with my skin, it was light and non-greasy. My skin always looked great. The last bottle I just
    purchased smelt different, was greasy to touch, has been greasy on my face and neck, my face was red, have had breakouts and my eyes are itchy and sore. I will not be purchasing this product again.

Dee

DeePerth

Burnt my skin

The Olay Complete Defense Daily/sensitive skin burnt the skin on my face, neck & chest causing an itching, red, burning rash. I've used this product years ago without any issues.

Jenna

Jenna

Still leaves the skin dry

Hey guys, i got this as a sales assistant recommended the sensitive version. I know everyone skin is different but this moisturizer just doesn't do the job. My face felt reallty dry and when it is first applied it takes a little while for the silver sheen to be rubbed in to make it disappear. For the same price I definitely prefer Nivea

BEWARE -Damaged Skin for life-Wrinkle from the puffiness.

I bought Oil of Olay.
    Face and eyes became swollen, red raw and burning. Became so uncomfortable went to doctor and gave me tablets and cortisone cream. Because I was red, itchy and burned affected for over a week. I had great wrinkle free skin and took great care all these years and did not have wrinkles and now permanently affected. Not the same formula I remember using years before and made in Thailand. God knows what contaminants were in it.

Silky moisturiser with 30+

Complete defence 30+ for sensitive skin provides all the uva uvb protection skin needs, delivered in a silky elegant lotion. I have been using this for years in a hot humid climate and it doesnt irritate my sensitive skin. Doesnt feel greasy and works well under any makeup. Highly recommend.

happydance

happydanceAU

Great basic daily moisturiser.

I like this product. It feels light yet really hydrates my skin. The pump is great. The packaging is attractive and small enough to fit in your hand bag.
    Leaves my skin feeling moist and offers good UV protection. The price is ok. It's easily sourced.
    Some may not like the fragrance though I do and I have sensitive skin and have had no problems.

Hithere12

Hithere12AU

My mum swears by this she has bottles of it in her cupboard. Following her advice I though I would try it out myself. It has anti aging properties which is great for mature skin, and seeing as my skin is starting to show signs of aging this product is now suitable for me as well. With a SPF 30 Sun protection this cream really protects against the harsh UV's, which is essential living in the tropics. It is not at all greasy and has no real scent so to speak. It is perfect for daywear under makeup and it sells for a brilliant price.
    Good price for a suncream and moisturiser in one.

Janet Davis

Janet DavisSydney

This is an amazing moisturiser

Love this moisturiser! I have tried a lot of moisturisers over the years, ranging from Simple to Clinique and this is really amazing. Light enough to sink in quick but offers a good base for make-up. Living in Australia it is great to have the UV protection as well. It's great if you get out the shower and keep your face wet and put it on straight away, it really makes your skin glow!
    Price, texture, UV protection, smell

Aryan170711

Aryan170711NSW, 2150

Good price for a good product

Been using this product for the last 5years, never turn back to anything else, very light in my skin, yet protecting from UV and hidrating as well. You can find this product almost everywhere that selling good beauty products. Have choices of normal and sensitive skin, I love the mild scented and not over powering like any other moisturizer.
    very light on the skin, easy to apply, UV protect, not expensive

Sada

SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A great moisturiser that really works

ceri3552

ceri3552AU

Overall, this is an amazing product that works extremely well. I put it on first thing in the morning, and I have never burnt my face. it works as a moisturiser and a very effective sunscreen. Its light and doesn't effect your make-up. Easily absorbed and feels good on your skin. Doesn't irritiate your skin.
    This is a greta moisuriser that i use daily. I don't like sunscreens as they clog pores and make my make-up slip off, but this is light and does the job very successfully.
    Sometimes hard to find the sensitive variety in the shops. would like to see this more widely available.

tastaster

tastaster

Good

An excellent idea combining such as great moisturiser and SPF UV protection. For people that like to apply moisteriser in the morning or before applying make up, I think that this would be an excellent product. I only tend to moisturise once a day at night which makes it not so appropriate. I would consider using this as a stand alone sunscreen as it is SPF 30 and feels so much lighter on your skin that most suncreams do.
    Light weight and excellent feel. Moisturises your face whilst protecting it from sun damage.
    The sunscreen makes it sting your eyes if you get it in.

gilmor00

gilmor00AU

R00001

R00001

This is a reliable non greasy and non fragrant moisturizer. I have been using for over 10 years and have never had a problem with this product and have recommended it to others. My skin feels soft all the time and I feel better and moisturized as soon as I use it.
    Reliable product. Not greasy. Lasts over 8 hours of moisture. I use it every day and apply once in the morning. If I was going to go out in the sun I would reapply it to ensure it was SPF30+. Have been using this product for about 10 years and I have recommended to other people who have also used it for along time.
    Expensive. It is over $10 a bottle.

sweetgirl

sweetgirlSydney Surrounds, NSW

I love this cream - it's my basic staple and I have it in both this one and also the 'sensitive' variety. I find the sensitive variety great on my combination skin and the other one I use on my chest, as it is oilier and not suitable for my face. The 'sensitive' variety is harder to get hold of but it is worth looking for if you have a combination skin like me - it keeps much more matte under makeup. It protects from the sun's rays all day. I love this so much I bought a bottle for both my 9 and 11 year old girls to use every day too. Can't start too young!!
    Excellent hydration and excellent sun protection in one cream. Comes in a 'sensitive' variety. Inexpensive.

bigfatpig

bigfatpig

Good

Although this moisturiser is good, I much prefer the normal oil of olay cream in a jar without SPF. This cream has sun block, so I use this one during the day.
    This cream works well on my skin, but the normal Olay without SPF seems to keep my skin more moist and supple for longer.
    It's a great cream with high SPF(30) sun block, and reasonably priced.
    I personally don't like the fragrance (although it's not strong at all). It's not as creamy and rich as normal Oil of Olay cream in a jar.

jrg200

jrg200

I love this moisturizer for daytime wear! FINALLY they make a really high SPF in a moisturizer - now they just need to extend it to hand and body creams! I use this because it is so affordable, and because of the 30 SPF! I have tried other sunscreens - but they are so greasy and revolting to wear under makeup, and the 15SPF's are not high enough for my liking! I have sensitive eyes, and I have never found this to be a problem getting into my eyes. I even bought one for my young daughter, and I insist she put it on everyday! TRY it, it doesn't cost a lot, and you will love it!
    Fantastic product - it's about time!
    Nothing at all!