Olay Regenerist

Bad reaction

I’m not going to bad mouth Olay because Olay has been around for years. But I’ll share my experience. I’m in my mid 50’s and have wrinkles under my eyes and neck. So I read on the top ten products and well Olay night cream was one. I went to Costco, purchased my Olay cream and came home ready to use it. First day made my face and neck feel smooth and look amazing. Second time I used it, I had burning on my check bones and got a very bad reaction to my neck. I’m sad that this product didn’t work on me. I was hoping to save money but will be going back to using Lancôme.

Purchased in January 2021 at Costco for A$45.00.

Sssss

Sssss

This is the best!!!

I have been using this cream for many years and have never had any issues. It does exactly as it says on the tin. The cream is a great primer under makeup or on its own to really boost the skin. It provides sun protection and brightens the face. I could not be without this cream!

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for A$45.00.

Causes IrritationNo
Michelle V.

Michelle V.South East Queensland, QLD

Skin rash

My daughter got a rash all over her face after using this product and swelling
Was given as a Xmas gift with other Olay products so not sure price or where my mother purchased it.

Purchased in December 2020.

Kaz

KazNew South Wales

Bad reaction

I used the night cream for 1 night and woke up in the morning with my face red and swollen, it got worse and the day wore on, my eyes were puffy and swollen, my face looked like it had been burnt, It was really itchy as well. there should be a product recall as this is not safe to use and reading some of the reviews I'm shocked that this hasn't happened yet!

Purchased in November 2020 at paknsave for A$30.00.

allergy to this product

Used morning and evening for two days and I now have a terrible rash on neck and chest, small bumps, red and burning. I had to see a Dermatologist and got a script for Cortizone and am taking Benadryl every 6 hours. I expect a refund on the 4 jars I purchased at 35.00 each.

Purchased in October 2020 at Olay.

Bad allergic reaction

I used this last night after washing my face and got severe red whelps and red itching stinging burning bumps all over my face and above upper and lower lips and cheek bones....

Purchased in October 2020 for A$8.00.

My face is burning

Wow just put it on and my face is burning . This cost $26. . Such a waste of money and my face is on fire. I had used oil of Olay for years

Purchased in October 2020 at Meijer.

Simon C.

Simon C.Central Queensland, QLD

Irritated skin -- I look like I have sunburn -- ridiculous Olay can sell these products

I live in New Zealand. Bought Olay Regenerist revitalising hydration cream moisturiser, and Regenerist revitalising eye serum.

Used once, immediately got stinging sensation, and reddened skin. Three days later my skin is still reddened -- like a case of sunburn.

Both amazing and ridiculous that Olay can sell these products.

Purchased in October 2020 at Local supermarket.

Allergic reaction

I have used this serum twice now & both times my eyes have swollen, turned very dry & red. This reaction lasted for days. The redness under one of my eyes lasted for weeks.

Purchased in September 2020.

Chiara
Chiara

Hi the product is Olay Eyes, firming eye serum. It comes in a red tube with a white lid. I am in the UK and I think I bought it in either Boots or Superdrug.

Rox

RoxIllawarra, NSW

Wish I had of read these reviews first

I had an aweful reaction, my face is covered in red itchy stinging bumps after using for 2 days. 3 days after i've stopped using it i still have bumps coming up. What a waste of money, looking at the previous reviews and the same experiences i don't understand how this product passed the testing stage. My usually lovely skin is currently ruined.

Purchased in September 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$36.00.

Skin TypeNormal Skin

Burning and swelling after use

I have been using this product for years and after buying this most recent bottle, I have noticed that the area underneath my eyes has become very swollen, red, itchy, with a burning sensation. I ruled out all other products that I am using, as it has to be the Oil of Olay regenerating serum. I can’t imagine that out of nowhere I would have suddenly developed a skin sensitivity to it, so has the formula changed at all? Or is this just possibly a bad batch?

Purchased in March 2020 at Costco.

Cream smells rancid

I just bought the Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream Fragance free, this is the first time I use this cream but it has a rancid smell, I'm wondering if that is normal. I think I should return it I don't want to use this cream with that smell.

Purchased in September 2020 at CVS for A$26.00.

allergic reaction to cream

I have used other Olay products over the years with no problem. So I tried the Micro-sculpting cream with sunscreen in the trial size today. After a few hours my face started to itch and burn over my eye then all over my face was burning, red, swollen and itching. I washed my face and took some Benadryl to counteract the reaction and waiting to see if that works!!!

Purchased in September 2020 for A$9.98.

I purchased this in Sept not August 2020

Olay Customer CareOlay

Hi Linda, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are so sorry to hear about your experience and we hope you are recovering. Could you please share specifically which product you have purchased so we may investigate? Thank you.

Linda

Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Cream trial size with SPF 30 sunscreen at Walmart for $9.98

itching and rashes

I purchased this cream after a review from huda beauty ..however am so dissapointed...it gives me an itchy feeling every time I use it..waste of money and excitement..i bought the olay regenerist micro sculpting cream

Purchased in March 2020 for A$28.99.

Angioedema and urticaria

The cream was nice and smooth and left my face feeling glowy. But after 3 nights of using it, my face began to itch and I had stinging burn sensation on my cheeks. I stopped using it but the burn continues and just the other day, I woke up with red rashes all over my cheeks and my eyelids were swollen. I had to buy antihistamines and on day 2 of taking the meds, my face is still swollen especially the cheeks and eye area. I hope the healing will happen soon. I hope it will leave me with no scar.
For new users, hope you read the reviews first before buying a product. And test it on other parts of the skin before applying it on your face.

Purchased in August 2020.

Michele

MicheleSydney, NSW

Caused red, itchy skin rash on my neck and jawline

Purchased in July 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$25.00.

Burnt, red and itchy

I have been using many Olay products for the best part of 20 years including this one. After using for 2 days only, I was left with a swollen, red, itchy face (including lips) and neck. My skin is literally burnt and feels like every bit of moisture has been sucked out. That was a week ago and after a trip to the doctor, time off work, antihistamines, aloe Vera and slathers of gentle moisturiser, my skin looks trashed. Needs to come with a very big warning sign.

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths Online store for A$50.00.

Emily L.

Emily L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stinging rash on face and around eyes

Purchased in July 2020 at Priceline.

Skin TypeNormal Skin

Rash on eyes, forehead and chest

I have never have experienced these rash issues before. Above my eyes, forehead and neck/chest area have red burn irritated patches. I have had to seek assistance from a doctor as over the counter creams have not helped the itching sore rash.

Purchased in June 2020 at Coles for A$40.00.

UmmHamzah

UmmHamzahSydney

What's wrong with this new batch

I have used Olay regenerist micro sculpting cream since years nearly a decade. It gave me perfect skin and everyone used to rave about it. But suddenly I bought this new one, been using for maybe a a week or two and on and I ff I will get this itchy rash on my skin cheeks, chin, forehead. I thoughgt it was a sun burn. And suddenly after taking a break from Olay and using something else I realised it was regenerist causing it. What's wrong and here I see people complaining, looks like something has changed. Please please get back the old formula, it was working quite well and doing wonders.

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$35.00.

Ivy

Ivyasked

Regenerist

What difference of new fomular regenerist ?

Payton A.

Payton A.asked

Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream

For anyone who has had a skin reaction to this product. What did you do to help with your skin reaction? I have red itchy bumps all over my face and rashes that look like a sun burn from using this product.

Amy
Amy

My skin doctor told me to use hydrocortisone on my face to bring down the burning inflamed blotches on my skin.

Songasked

Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream

I've used this product for years, mostly during the winter when skin is dryer. Opened a new jar this December and I'm itchy, red, and swollen all over my face and neck after one application. How did the formula change? I bought two large jars of this.

Olay Customer CareOlay

Hi Song, thank you for your message and feedback. Your feedback is really important to us and we would like to help you out. That does not sound right at all and you definitely should not be experiencing the above. Could you share with us where did you purchase the product from and when did you experience the above? Please feel free to reach us on our Facebook as we have a dedicated team to assist you from there. Thank you.

Song

I purchased it at Costco several months ago. I applied cream from a new jar December 3 and noticed some itchiness the next morning. By mid-day the 4th my face and neck were red and puffy. I rinsed off with water and did not use another product for a couple days. It subsided by the 6th, but I started searching the internet to see if there had been some change in the formula.

Get an answer from our members and Olay representatives

Compare all 24 Olay Regenerist