Olay Regenerist

Angioedema and urticaria

The cream was nice and smooth and left my face feeling glowy. But after 3 nights of using it, my face began to itch and I had stinging burn sensation on my cheeks. I stopped using it but the burn continues and just the other day, I woke up with red rashes all over my cheeks and my eyelids were swollen. I had to buy antihistamines and on day 2 of taking the meds, my face is still swollen especially the cheeks and eye area. I hope the healing will happen soon. I hope it will leave me with no scar.
For new users, hope you read the reviews first before buying a product. And test it on other parts of the skin before applying it on your face.

A raw rash

After four days of using the day and night cream I started to get a rash on my jawline. It’s now spread to my cheeks and forehead
It’s very itchy and hot. Cleaning my face is a painful stinging experience.
So that’s it for me.
I have only opened this cream and I’m having to throw it away.

Michele

MicheleSydney, NSW

Caused red, itchy skin rash on my neck and jawline

Jules

JulesCanberra 2600, ACT

Terrible Product!

After using this night cream for the first time my face became itchy and felt like I had been sunburnt! I had to take antihistamine tablets to help the irritation. Would not recommend this product.

Wil

WilSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Distressing reaction

Discoloured burning itchy peeling skin and severe swelling of face after 2 nights of use requiring medication to alleviate and days of recuperation. Somewhat alarming and extremely disappointing for a 60 year Ulan/Olay product user.

Burnt, red and itchy

I have been using many Olay products for the best part of 20 years including this one. After using for 2 days only, I was left with a swollen, red, itchy face (including lips) and neck. My skin is literally burnt and feels like every bit of moisture has been sucked out. That was a week ago and after a trip to the doctor, time off work, antihistamines, aloe Vera and slathers of gentle moisturiser, my skin looks trashed. Needs to come with a very big warning sign.

Red/Itching Face

I bought this after much praise of this product, but within the first 2 days I now have a red and itchy face with a rash.
Very unfortunate.... bad product for such a price.

Emily L.

Emily L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stinging rash on face and around eyes

Rash on eyes, forehead and chest

I have never have experienced these rash issues before. Above my eyes, forehead and neck/chest area have red burn irritated patches. I have had to seek assistance from a doctor as over the counter creams have not helped the itching sore rash.

UmmHamzah

UmmHamzahSydney

What's wrong with this new batch

I have used Olay regenerist micro sculpting cream since years nearly a decade. It gave me perfect skin and everyone used to rave about it. But suddenly I bought this new one, been using for maybe a a week or two and on and I ff I will get this itchy rash on my skin cheeks, chin, forehead. I thoughgt it was a sun burn. And suddenly after taking a break from Olay and using something else I realised it was regenerist causing it. What's wrong and here I see people complaining, looks like something has changed. Please please get back the old formula, it was working quite well and doing wonders.

Burned around eyes

I used the Regenerist day and night cream for two days. On the first day, I felt a sharp burning sensation around my eyes; on the second day the sensation was worse and in the morning of the 3rd day, by eyes were swollen shut and the entire area around my eyes was extremely red and swollen and very painful. It took almost 4 days treating the burned area with Aloe and a steroid cream to finally find some relief. Now my face is peeling. Its like I had a chemical peel. At almost 81, my skin is more fragile than it used to be and this was a horrible experience, and expensive as well. I have used and enjoyed Olay products for years with no problems at all and am very disappointed in this cream which is extensively advertised on TV.

I bought this to start working on my aging skin

The first day was great, the consistency was thick and felt very lightweight. The second day i started to feel irritation, the third day stronger irritation, the fourth day it burned when I would exercise and would sweat. the fifth day I discontinued use and my face was swollen the following day, I have large puffy eyes and burning itching skin. attached are my photos. I'm not sure if it was an allergic reaction or the chemicals. Absolute waste of money.

Product has changed!

I have used Olay Regenerist cream for YEARS. I got a new bottle of the fragrance free variety and it smells like a chemical. So much fo rfragrance free. BUt, it has made me itch like crazy. Gives me a rash wherever it touches me. So upset! This has been my go to but NEVER smelled like this. It's awful. Taking it back for a refund.

Donna

DonnaMid North Coast, NSW

My face is turning red

I Have used it for just 2 days. My face is turning red and splotchy with a rash starting on my forehead My face feels hot And itchy, very disappointed

Olay Customer CareOlay

Lips, body allergic reaction, hives

After a couple of weeks, i finally have identified it’s this facial cream that make my lips and body have allergic hives. I have never had such bad allergic reaction from skin products. So bad I thought I found something good at the first use.
I even bought four more jars.

Terrible allergic reaction!!! Don't use

The first week or 2 seemed fine, though a little burning. Well yesterday I woke up with some redness and swelling under my eye, the redness got worse and is blister like, burning and itching, continued swelling. I am using a steroid cream on it in hopes that it will improve soon! I used both the day cream and the night cream. Seems like there are alot of similar reactions recently....looks like a bad batch! Not happy especially with the amount of money they cost and not returnable.

Kathy D.

Kathy D.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Swollen allergic reaction. Would not recommend if you have sensitive skin.

Swollen after single use. Itchy. Would not recommend for sensitive skin. Product cost me so much more with days off work recovering. Just a pot of chemicals clearly no good to look after delicate face skin. I am unrecognizable in this photo.

Red, hot and burning

I've always used okay products, after first application of the micro sculpting Cream and the over night cream as directed, my face has been red, and burning, and hot to the touch, I've persevered for 3 days but am going to stop, it cost me 50 for each product, very expensive just to have my skin burning

Yikes

Severe allergic reaction, inflamed face, blistered, burning skin for days. Doctors visit, course of oral steroids and lotion. May scar. I am very cautious about using any new products and especially diligent about sunscreen and wear a hat outdoors at ALL times. My skin is trashed.

Face burning and red after 1 use

Put this on before bed. When I woke up my face was burning and really red. It felt like a sunburn. Very uncomfortable feeling. Very expensive for something that didn’t work

Ivy

Ivyasked

Regenerist

What difference of new fomular regenerist ?

Payton A.

Payton A.asked

Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream

For anyone who has had a skin reaction to this product. What did you do to help with your skin reaction? I have red itchy bumps all over my face and rashes that look like a sun burn from using this product.

Amy
Amy

My skin doctor told me to use hydrocortisone on my face to bring down the burning inflamed blotches on my skin.

Songasked

Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream

I've used this product for years, mostly during the winter when skin is dryer. Opened a new jar this December and I'm itchy, red, and swollen all over my face and neck after one application. How did the formula change? I bought two large jars of this.

Olay Customer CareOlay

Hi Song, thank you for your message and feedback. Your feedback is really important to us and we would like to help you out. That does not sound right at all and you definitely should not be experiencing the above. Could you share with us where did you purchase the product from and when did you experience the above? Please feel free to reach us on our Facebook as we have a dedicated team to assist you from there. Thank you.

Song

I purchased it at Costco several months ago. I applied cream from a new jar December 3 and noticed some itchiness the next morning. By mid-day the 4th my face and neck were red and puffy. I rinsed off with water and did not use another product for a couple days. It subsided by the 6th, but I started searching the internet to see if there had been some change in the formula.

Get an answer from our members and Olay representatives

Compare all 24 Olay Regenerist