Olay Regenerist

Bad reaction

I’m not going to bad mouth Olay because Olay has been around for years. But I’ll share my experience. I’m in my mid 50’s and have wrinkles under my eyes and neck. So I read on the top ten products and well Olay night cream was one. I went to Costco, purchased my Olay cream and came home ready to use it. First day made my face and neck feel smooth and look amazing. Second time I used it, I had burning on my check bones and got a very bad reaction to my neck. I’m sad that this product didn’t work on me. I was hoping to save money but will be going back to using Lancôme.

Purchased in January 2021 at Costco for A$45.00.

Burning oh the burning

This product caused my skin irritation and burning. I will not use it again. I’ve used retinol products before with success but there is something in this that is a severe skin irritant.

Purchased in January 2021 for A$40.00.

Michelle V.

Michelle V.South East Queensland, QLD

Skin rash

My daughter got a rash all over her face after using this product and swelling
Was given as a Xmas gift with other Olay products so not sure price or where my mother purchased it.

Purchased in December 2020.

Caused a painful rash

Used for first time & woke up with my face stinging , red blotches and inflammation all over my face. Had to make a dermatologist appointment to get help! I’m returning this as it was $30 and dangerous for the skin!

Purchased in December 2020 for A$30.00.

Allergic reaction

I got this as a gift. I was excited to try it because I love skincare. First night I thought it was nice, it smelled good and made my skin feel nice and look glowy. I used it again the next night and woke up with a red, itchy, bumpy rash on my face spreading down to my neck. I immediately discontinued use and washed it off my face. I guess it was too late because I woke up this morning and the rash had spread even more, and it hurts. Been using aloe vera, cortisone cream and Benadryl to try and clear it up. I will be taking it back to get a refund because there's no point in keeping it if I can't use it.

Purchased in December 2020 at Costco.

Skin TypeSensitive Skin

Horrible reaction to Retinol in this product

I used the Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 Night Cream two times. The first time it went on silky smooth, and I thought I liked it. The next night, I used it again. The next morning my face was splotched red, flaking, itchy, and swollen. I discontinued, and went to the Dr. She took one look at me and said, "you look ill". She put me on CeraVe with Hydrocortisone. After using the CeraVe for about a week, I was back to normal. I had bought the accompanying Olay products of Eye cream, and Night Serum. Never even used the latter 2 products.

Kaz

KazNew South Wales

Bad reaction

I used the night cream for 1 night and woke up in the morning with my face red and swollen, it got worse and the day wore on, my eyes were puffy and swollen, my face looked like it had been burnt, It was really itchy as well. there should be a product recall as this is not safe to use and reading some of the reviews I'm shocked that this hasn't happened yet!

Purchased in November 2020 at paknsave for A$30.00.

Skin TypeNormal Skin

Facing Severe allergic reaction on face,red,dry,flaky skin with extreme burning sensation

I have purchased it from Amazon and facing severe allergic reaction.i am facing severe burning sensation,redness,flaky skin just after 2days use of this product.I am using topical steroid still don't know when will I get my original face back..

Purchased in December 2020 at Amazon.

Rebecca Vandyke

Rebecca VandykeSydney, NSW

not impressed - microsculpting cream

First day seemed great. Second day I had pustules all over my face. Not impressed for such a well known brand. I have used other creams with hyaluric acid so it must be some other ingredient. Says made in Thailand on jar

Purchased in November 2020 at The Village Pharmacy for A$40.00.

allergic reaction

i applied to face and neck as directed, moments after applying whole face got itchy and turned red. The next morning i had a rash all over and hives. 3rd day face still red and tingly. Whats going on??

Purchased in November 2020 at cvs for A$31.99.

allergy to this product

Used morning and evening for two days and I now have a terrible rash on neck and chest, small bumps, red and burning. I had to see a Dermatologist and got a script for Cortizone and am taking Benadryl every 6 hours. I expect a refund on the 4 jars I purchased at 35.00 each.

Purchased in October 2020 at Olay.

Bad allergic reaction

I used this last night after washing my face and got severe red whelps and red itching stinging burning bumps all over my face and above upper and lower lips and cheek bones....

Purchased in October 2020 for A$8.00.

My face is burning

Wow just put it on and my face is burning . This cost $26. . Such a waste of money and my face is on fire. I had used oil of Olay for years

Purchased in October 2020 at Meijer.

Skin TypeNormal Skin

Dries my skin. Red peeling and burning

Was so happy to find product at Beauty Boutique that I bought 2 jars. Second day of use my skin was very dry,. blotched and burning. I have both jars. What a waste!

Purchased in September 2020 for A$24.99.

Skin TypeDry Skin
Simon C.

Simon C.Central Queensland, QLD

Irritated skin -- I look like I have sunburn -- ridiculous Olay can sell these products

I live in New Zealand. Bought Olay Regenerist revitalising hydration cream moisturiser, and Regenerist revitalising eye serum.

Used once, immediately got stinging sensation, and reddened skin. Three days later my skin is still reddened -- like a case of sunburn.

Both amazing and ridiculous that Olay can sell these products.

Purchased in October 2020 at Local supermarket.

Allergic reaction

I have used this serum twice now & both times my eyes have swollen, turned very dry & red. This reaction lasted for days. The redness under one of my eyes lasted for weeks.

Purchased in September 2020.

Chiara
Chiara

Hi the product is Olay Eyes, firming eye serum. It comes in a red tube with a white lid. I am in the UK and I think I bought it in either Boots or Superdrug.

Rox

RoxIllawarra, NSW

Wish I had of read these reviews first

I had an aweful reaction, my face is covered in red itchy stinging bumps after using for 2 days. 3 days after i've stopped using it i still have bumps coming up. What a waste of money, looking at the previous reviews and the same experiences i don't understand how this product passed the testing stage. My usually lovely skin is currently ruined.

Purchased in September 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$36.00.

Adverse reaction

I was so disappointed with this product. This is my first time to have an allergy in using olay. I tried to use, Olay regenerist micro sculpting cream at night and when I woke up, my face is burning,swelling and itchy!
To those have experienced the same, kindly advise me what was the solution to get rid this allergic reaction.

Purchased in September 2020.

Adverse reaction

First time I tried it I had itchy, lumpy and burning sensation around my jaw line and upper lip. Never had any reaction to other moisturisers before. Wished I read other’s review before purchasing it. More than 1 same reaction to one product is a red flag.

Purchased in September 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$25.00.

Skin TypeOily Skin
Olay Customer CareOlay

Burning and swelling after use

I have been using this product for years and after buying this most recent bottle, I have noticed that the area underneath my eyes has become very swollen, red, itchy, with a burning sensation. I ruled out all other products that I am using, as it has to be the Oil of Olay regenerating serum. I can’t imagine that out of nowhere I would have suddenly developed a skin sensitivity to it, so has the formula changed at all? Or is this just possibly a bad batch?

Purchased in March 2020 at Costco.

Ivy

Ivyasked

Regenerist

What difference of new fomular regenerist ?

Payton A.

Payton A.asked

Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream

For anyone who has had a skin reaction to this product. What did you do to help with your skin reaction? I have red itchy bumps all over my face and rashes that look like a sun burn from using this product.

Amy
Amy

My skin doctor told me to use hydrocortisone on my face to bring down the burning inflamed blotches on my skin.

Songasked

Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream

I've used this product for years, mostly during the winter when skin is dryer. Opened a new jar this December and I'm itchy, red, and swollen all over my face and neck after one application. How did the formula change? I bought two large jars of this.

Olay Customer CareOlay

Hi Song, thank you for your message and feedback. Your feedback is really important to us and we would like to help you out. That does not sound right at all and you definitely should not be experiencing the above. Could you share with us where did you purchase the product from and when did you experience the above? Please feel free to reach us on our Facebook as we have a dedicated team to assist you from there. Thank you.

Song

I purchased it at Costco several months ago. I applied cream from a new jar December 3 and noticed some itchiness the next morning. By mid-day the 4th my face and neck were red and puffy. I rinsed off with water and did not use another product for a couple days. It subsided by the 6th, but I started searching the internet to see if there had been some change in the formula.

Get an answer from our members and Olay representatives

Compare all 24 Olay Regenerist