Olimpia Splendid Procool 16 E

Olimpia Splendid Procool 16 E Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPN:PROCOOL16E
Christina D.

I just got my 16E and on Day 1 it cooled well. I changed to dehumidify and it worked well until it spat out ice and I turned the machine off immediately and left it to defrost itself. Day 2 I turned it on to cool and it didn’t cool at all. I need this machine for medical reasons. Please help.

Debbie R.
Debbie R.

We purchased this unit for our bedroom in a rental apartment and it cools alright but we are having to empty buckets of water from it all the time which is very annoying. A year ago we purchased a Rinnai portable airconditioner and have only had to drain it once in the year we've had it which is only a few small cups of water. The reason we purchased this one is that we have needed one in our 2nd bedroom and we were told this one would cool our main bedroom better than the Rinnai. I have called the Good Guys at Tweed South a few times and they asked for me to get my remote and when I looked I did have it on the Dehumidify Mode so I then put it on cool and thought great this will be the solution but in one night it drained about 19ltrs of water, this is not good as we live on the 8th floor of apartment complex and if the bucket overflows it drips down to the floors below. I want this problem solved as we need an air conditioner as my husband has chronic fatigue and also needs cool air for other medical problems he has.
Could you please help me, I would really like a refund so I can get another Rinnai which has worked for us.

Olimpia Splendid   DM

Hi Debbie, if you have set the unit to Cooling Mode it should not discharge 19L of water overnight. Please check that you have not removed the middle drain plug and fitted a hose. If you have, then it will continually discharge water especially in Tweed South, humidity is high in those areas at this time of year. The portable air con is designed to have both drain plugs inserted for Cooling Mode, and you only remove the bottom one when the control panel is showing FL prompting you to drain water through the bottom. If you have further questions please ring us to chat - 03 9563 2778

TMS

We bought this and set it up yesterday and it worked fine. This morning we drained the water and the display won't show up and it won't turn on. There is definitely power to the unit and we haven't changed the setup. Any idea what is going on?

Loc Hoang
Loc Hoang

Did u wait 2hrs after buying it? To let the condensor settle down? Or opened it up and used it straight away? Also how come your emptying water after 1 day usage? I used mine for 4 days and haven't emptied my water yet

TMS

We waited. The water didn't need to be drained but my partner is very diligent. The lights were all out before it was drained.

Ash
Ash

I have two Procool16E's. One now has excessive water and fills up within 4 hours shutting off at night. It started doing this over the last week. Any ideas on what the issue might be? The product is great, but this is now an issue.

Olimpia Splendid   DM

Hi Ash, If there is high humidity i.e. 90- 95% it is normal to have water filled up quickly and if the humidity is not high and the unit is shutting off when water tank is full means there is a fault with condensate pump.

If the later reason is the issue please return your heater back to its place of purchase for testing and assessment where if deemed to be faulty and under terms of warranty replaced.

Bowen M.
Bowen M.

Same deal having to empty the water withing 30 mins of having it on in a 75% humidity day. Very disappointing considering we had the olimpia splendid PIU 12 for 7 years end never had to drain it. Thought. Also tho hose I feel is getting that hot. That the actual hose is heating the room quicker the. It can cool

Teresa
Teresa

Looking for portable cooler for my kiosk we have two large windows that are open always we have fryers etc what do you recommend

Olimpia Splendid   DM

Hi Teresa, Thanks for the message.

Could you please advise room size as Procool16 is suitable for 30 meter square. Also all our portables are supplied with complete window kit which makes it accessible for any area to be installed.

Slide kit is approx. 1.3 m long so it would also be good to know window length.

Feel free to email sales@olimpasplendid.com.au for any more questions.

Gregory Jonathan R.

I am looking for a portable air conditioner that will keep a little bit over a25 square meters room cool?Do you know that there are portable air conditioners out there that have a evaporative cooling system also known as a self automatic draining system where you never have to empty the water tank at all.This also includes really hot humid days as well as when there are heatwaves. I am looking for a 5 star product that can do this. I am not sure though that if the machine is more powerful would mean that the machine would not have to work as hard which would mean it’s putting less stress and strain on the motor which means that the machine will last longer.Do you have any products that will do this and if so,could you please tell me your price ranges please?Or if you don’t,will you consider selling products like this in the future? I also need to know the temperature range of these products?Please also understand that sometimes it’s got nothing to do with the purchase of the product but sometimes there are faulty batches or there’s a problem with that particular brand or product.Especially when goods are imported from overseas wether it’s buying a car or fridge or washing machine to a air conditioner,it’s important to understand that this can happen sometimes leaving very unhappy unsatisfied customers.If this is the case,the customer should be able to get a refund or replacement if this problem occurs or should be able to get the machine fixed.Thankyou for keeping this in mind.Could you please advise me and assist me with these questions please?Greg.

Gregory Jonathan R.

I do know though that if you buy something brand new you should expect the product to be fault free and for the product to last however I do know sometimes there is a dud or a faulty batches that does happen sometimes.This also could be way some customers are not having very pleasant experiences when purchasing products from companies or stores. I really hope that you can garentee if this happens the businesses and services will be honest and doing the right thing in these situations.Thankyou for letting me have my say.Bye for now Greg.

Gregory Jonathan R.

Does this product have a evaporating,cooling system or similar?Which means that on really hot days,you don’t have to keep emptying the water tank every three to twelve hours and does not not need to empty the water tank due to the evaporating cooling system it should not be necessary.And is this machine powerful enough to keep a one bedroom unit cool? I would think that how powerful it is,means that this machine would not have to work as hard and would keep a one bedroom until,villa cool.Can you please assist me with these two questions please?

Olimpia Splendid   DM

Hi Gregory, Most modern portable air cons have a water evaporating technology. The Procool16 has a condensate tank and pump, which evaporates the moisture it collects from the room. Under extreme humidity, the water tank may need to be emptied occasionally. The Procool16 has a rated output of 4.6 kw in cooling, this is generally very effective for rooms up to 25 square meters.

Gregory Jonathan R.

Thanks for letting me know. I might need to go just that little bit more higher than 25 square metres just to be on the safe side.If you can help me with this ,it would be greatly appreciated. I also just need to know the temperature range for this product if you do have a product that little bit more than 25 square metres. I would really appreciate your advice and help with this concern? I need to rely on a machine that will work efficiently for medical reasons why.Can you please advise me and assist me with this concern please?Sorry for the misunderstanding before, I waa given the wrong measurements from my assistant before which was done in error so please accept my apologies for the misunderstanding?Regards,Greg.

Lucas S.
Lucas S.

How much does it cost to run

Olimpia Splendid   DM

Hi Lucas, Please refer to energy label on the average usage this also depends on where you reside. As a guide when the unit is cooling compressor and fan running it uses around 1750 watts.

Chris H
Chris H

Hi, I have recently purchased one off these 3 months ago and has been great but all of a sudden it’s seems like it’s just on fan with no coldness what’s so ever...... all settings are correct so is it something to do with filters etc? I empty the water from the back plug as directed so not sure what the problem is

Christina D.

I just got mine and it was working well on cooling. I turned it to dehumidify which also worked well until it spat out ice, and I turned it off immediately and left it off till the next day to allow whatever to defrost. Day 3 I turned it back on to cooling and it doesn’t cool. I need this machine for medical reasons and I spent a lot of time researching the best option and it was expensive for me. Help!

Christina D.

I’m happy to share that the Olimpia Splendid Service Department took me through there issues protocol and said that it would be replaced. I contacted The Good Guys who exchanged it immediately. The new one works well. Thanks all for your help.

Get an answer from our members and Olimpia Splendid representatives