Olitech Easy Mate+

• Hardware
  • Software
Robert Byrne

Robert ByrneNorth Queensland, QLD

This is a great mobile phone for Seniors

While I was reluctant to buy a smart phone my sons convinced me to do so. I found the device I purchased very difficult to use particularly when trying to text with tiny buttons, It also had far more features than I was ever likely to use and these were sometimes very confusing. I searched the Internet for a suitable senior's phone and found a review on the Olitech Easymate+. The unit had all the features I needed and was very reasonably priced so I purchased it. This is an excellent phone for people like me who have little interest in social media but simply need a phone with decent sized buttons and screen. My wife is non-technical but uses all the features on this phone with ease. My next mobile phone will be purchased from this company.

Purchased in August 2018 at Olitech for A$185.00.

handsfree

handsfreeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Replacement charger kit

My mother in law was hospitalised for a short period and when discharged, the hospital lost her charger. (transformer & cradle). So I contacted Olitech and ordered a replacement. The service was great and the replacement arrived promptly. Couldn't have asked for more. Great Customer Service. A1++

Purchased in July 2020.

Aussie S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't know why they changed it

Not tech savvy. I just want to send & receive calls and texts. My Easy Mate is so easy to see and operate. Flashing lights tell when I have missed calls or when charged. Has one touch menu which makes contacts file instantly accessible. I love its simplicity but sadly it isn't 4G. I'll use it as long as I can. I gave a 4 star rating as nothing is perfect. Texting is a bit fiddly I guess. I don't know why they changed it. I'd buy a 4G model in a flash.

Auss S.

Purchased in January 2017.

Find out how Olitech Easy Mate+ compares to other Mobile Phones

Very easy to use for any seniors

I like the big letters and the many setting options. I use my Olitech Easy Mate for calls and texting only. I had a problem with the charging cable, but managed to replace it.

Purchased for A$499.00.

Easy Mate - a faithful companion

I am on my second Easy Mate phone and it has been so valuable to me - in the daytime I have it in my pocket on a lanyard around my neck. It has saved me on many occasions.

Purchased in February 2020 at Hearing Savers Online store.

Brilliant phone

This phone has been perfect for my elderly aunt. She has not mastered technology that well and had trouble with other 'standard' phones. I set it up for her and showed her how to make calls and she hasn't looked back. She only uses it for calls which is what she needed.

Purchased in May 2019.

Rod

Rod

Basic phone

I brought this phone for my elderly mother who found it difficult to use . She found the keypad operations particularly difficult to navigate and was continually frustrated. Too many navigation commands to remember .

Purchased in October 2019 for A$170.00.

Don G.

Don G.

Very Good Basic Phone

User friendly, easy to read display and text on messages. Fairly loud ring tones, and good audio quality on calls.
Was totally reliable over the time I had it. and I only upgraded to the EasyFlip because Telstra is warning that they may soon be closing down their 3G network.
My only negative was that when I locked the keypad to carry it in my pocket, it would occasionally unlock, and start dialling numbers.

Purchased in July 2017 at Hear For Less.

Sunny

SunnyMelbourne

It’s ok

It could be better if more options were available to hide /highlight different functions so as to cater for those with memory,cognitive,dexterity issues eg:torch button is inwith volume bad idea

Purchased in December 2019.

roland

rolandMid North Coast, NSW

all that i wished for in mobile phone for seniors

I do not have any apps yet. I am very pleased with the camera quality,--I use the phone every day,I take it with me when I go walking for security

Purchased in November 2019.

Geoff

GeoffGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very practical and affordable.

May

May

Hearing much better on my G4

My sister and I both have the new Olitech mobile and as we are both hearing impaired we tried out one first and since we both were pleased with the quality of sound I also decided to purchase. We found it a bit trickier to use at first but after a few tries are now managing to use the phone and texting.

Purchased in December 2019 at on line Olitech.

MEC

MECSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

A very good product

The large format and bright display are very good, I only use this phone for messaging and calling. It a mobile that suits my purpose. I am very happy with it

Purchased in December 2018.

Anne Healy

Anne HealySydney, NSW

Am very pleased with my phone, would be lost without it.

I am pleased that I bought this type of phone, I find the numbers very easy to use as they are much bigger than another phone I had. I normally use the phone for receiving and texting and making calls which work extremely well. I had a problem with my phone a little while ago and the technical department were soo helpful, I bought a new battery and my phone is working perfectly. Cannot speak highly enough about the help I received, would recommend the Olitech phone to anyone.

Retro Girl

Retro GirlSouth East Queensland, QLD

This phone has been user friendly and convenient for my husband who is not very much into technology.

Although i noted that the phone has now been discontinued, I was still able to purchase a replacement battery. I'm unsure why the phone has been discontinued as it really is a nifty little phone.

Purchased in February 2017.

Find out how Olitech Easy Mate+ compares to other Mobile Phones

Fantastic, just perfect for the older generation who can't work a normal mobile phone

I love the phone, the only problem was trying to set up through the website, but the staff were very helpful when I called them and it was set up in no time.

Purchased in October 2019.

Fiona T

Fiona T

Great phone for my 86yr old mum with arthritic hands.

It would be an excellent phone for someone hard of hearing or sight. Even on quietest setting it's a bit loud for my mum with good hearing. Another drawback is Smart Text has no Abc option only ABC or abc (unless I'm missing an option somewhere). Otherwise, easy to use and good quality. Love the SOS button and torch options.

Purchased in September 2019 for A$149.00.

mal

malGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

great phone

this phone of 87 year old lady in a nursing home and she can use it without a many problems
this is her 2nd easy mate phone we looked at many models but came back to to this phone

Purchased in August 2019 for A$169.00.

Adam

AdamMid North Coast, NSW

Ideal mobile phone for an elderly loved one!!

Simple and straight forward design yet exactly what's needed for someone in their later years. The 'SOS' red button feature is particularly appreciated giving us all great peace of mind!

Purchased in August 2019 for A$169.00.

Mr and Mrs.

Mr and Mrs.

Excellent pleasant service,very prompt help when needed.

Phone very easy to use.Not yet used the camera. Mostly used so my wife can keep track of where I am ! Would definitely recommend for the older person to use.

Purchased in August 2019 at Direct from Olitech.

Costaasked

I bought a new Olitech easy flip I turned it on for the first time and it says system UI has stopped, what do you think I should do ?

Hi Costa.
I bought and returned the Olitech Easy flip as I reckon it's a miniature complex smart phone. I would contact Olitech via their web site and ask them. I must confess that I don't know what Ul means. They also have 3 lots of video instructions for your Easy flip. Very informative but I reckon it highlights its complexity. That's why I went back to my Olitech Easy Mate which is fantastic in comparison. If you don't get satisfaction from Olitech then contact your provider.
Good luck...…...Aussie.

Costa

Thank you for your reply, I believe the easy mate was discontinued and then I went for the easy flip. I will ring them in the morning.

Anne P

Anne Pasked

Has the 3G been turned off? We are in Hobart. My husband's phone won't call any numbers and he gets a message that "this number is not available on this service."

Hi Anne.
My Olitech Easy Mate is still working fine. I have to say I don't fully understand what's going on. There's talk of 5G already which makes me nervous. If I do buy a new 4G mobile phone now, how long would it be good for? Maybe he should contact his provider. I'm on Vodafone Prepay. Aussie.

Parkes F.

Parkes F.asked

Hi my elderly mum has an olitech she is having trouble...when she answers it she cant hear me unless she presses the speaker and then it is not always clear (I can hear her though). Have they somehow turned call volume off ??

Aussie S.

I can't think of any way that the call volume can be turned off Parks. The only thing I can think is that she is in a poor reception area which can change even just walking around the house. Check the vertical line ramp shaped icon in the extreme top left. There should be at least 4 gradually lengthening vertical lines. Any less and you are losing reception. If reception is getting weak the lines will gradually start to disappear. Also check the battery in the extreme top right. The battery shape should have all black vertical lines.
Good luck...…..Aussie.

Get an answer from our members and Olitech representatives