Olitech Easy Mate+ OLT2914

Extremely simple to use. All the settings are large and easy to select and use. Well worth the money.

Camera quality satisfactory. Excellent display with White on black Theme.
Besides messaging and calling, not that much really. Everything so far has run very smoothly.
Cannot use Voicemail though. According to tour technical folk, the problem should be rectified by August 26th at 5 pm. Sounds like a problem with the Telstra network.....Here's hoping.

Great for Grannies

Hi being a true granny the only thing I use my phone for is to make and receive calls and receive and send text messages. Which is great for me works perfectly.

Purchased in June 2019 for $169.00.

Battery Life

This phone is perfect for my elderly Mother.

The technical assistance is second to none. An easy to set up and use phone for everyday use. It replaces the requirement for a home phone. The features are plentiful.

Purchased in July 2019.

Software

Better then my previous one

The phone was purchased for my wife who isn't tech savvy and therefore suited to the modern smart phones. She uses solely for a phone she uses when away from house. Her previous phone was thru Telstra and whilst adequate was cumbersome. She is very satisfied with this phone and also happy with the extra applications the phone has, such as speed dial. It is quite easy to use and is easy visible inside and outside alike.

Purchased in July 2019 for $169.00.

olitech easy mate mobile phone

i love this phone its so easy to use for my brother at the moment its mainly use for calling as hes learning to use in emergency and to call people in contacts if need too & people call him and so easy to know how to answer phone , plus when learning it actually talks to you ,he hasnt tried camera as yet needs to put sd card in there

Purchased in July 2019.

This phone, easy for pensioners is great.

Satisfaction, could not be more than happy. We have two, when hubby saw mine he changed to the same. Congratulations to the Company for having the foresightedness to design a phone that us older people can readily use.

I must also congratulate the sales team as nothing was a trouble and were most professional. I can honestly recommend Olitech to anyone looking for a quality phone and great service.

Purchased in May 2019.

Software

Great little phone easy to use

Purchased for Mum who is in aged care with no fixed landlines, she is so happy to be able to communicate with friends again. Sits on a stand so looks like a landline, in the past she had a mobile & used to put it away so it would go flat. She is mainly using to make and receive calls, we have loaded contact details in the phone and demonstrated other features however it is a work in progress with lessons each time we visit. Would recommend & have noticed many other residents have the same phone

Purchased in July 2019 for $164.00.

Software

Made my wife happy as i can now contact anytime.

Excellent little mobile as i brought for my wife who doesn't like technology!She loves to use it as it is straight forward and easy to use and operate.Well done to olitech!

Purchased in July 2019 at Online .

Software

I am very happy with the service that I got, but a little disappointed with the phone and the website itself.

1. The Calendar option allows dates to be flagged but it does not save any content. This is a fault.
2. I want the input to be silent but setting it that way also stops the phone from ringing. These functions should be separated.
3. The phone cannot be carried in a handbag or pocket, even with a case, without the keys being pressed. If speed dialling is set, then this often results in the person being called unintentionally. The beeping is also embarrassing since the silent mode cannot be set (see 2. above)
4. The website is unfinished and little errors like the ".../30 words" at the bottom of this review have not been corrected. This does not give me confidence.

Purchased in July 2019 for $189.00.

Software
Hi Peter. Thank you for sharing your feedback about the EasyMate+ phone. It appears that many of the issues you mentioned above are not faults. Please see steps to assist you with the functions you desire: 1. Comment: The Calendar option allows dates to be flagged but it does not save any content. This is a fault: Olitech Response: Please go to a date and then press 'select". Number three is 'add event' and you can save any content through this option. 2. Comment: I want the input to be silent but setting it that way also stops the phone from ringing. These functions should be separated: Olitech Response: Under profile settings, you can turn off keypad tone. Setting>Profiles>Outdoor>7-Keypad tone>Press # key to select Silent and then save. 3. Comments: The phone cannot be carried in a handbag or pocket, even with a case, without the keys being pressed. If speed dialling is set, then this often results in the person being called unintentionally. The beeping is also embarrassing since the silent mode cannot be set (see 2. above): Olitech Response: Due to the raised nature of the keys, it is strongly recommended that the keypad be locked when not in use. On the side of the phone you will find a key with lock icon. One single press will lock the keypad and while its locked, it will not make any pocket calls. Auto lock can also be set up in Menu>Settings> Security Settings > Auto Keypad lock. 4. Comments: The website is unfinished and little errors like the ".../30 words" at the bottom of this review have not been corrected. This does not give me confidence: Olitech Response: We believe you are talking about our customer portal to manage the SIM Plan when you say website. We are working on some improvements for the portal however as far as we know, it's a functional system. If would like to discuss any further, please contact us on 03 9755 8885. Best regards, KristenThank you Kristen. Your service is exceptional. The Calendar option does work once but does take getting used to and helps by pressing <Save> instead of <Done>. The way to silence the keys can be through Profiles>>General>>Customise>>8. Keytone Volume by setting it to <no bars> (Keypad Silent did not stop the beeping or the number speech.) The Lock function is good and still allows calls to be received. I am much happier now that incessant beeping has stopped. I would like to add a star to Value and Software ***

Issues with calls dropping out all the time

This phone was purchased for my elderly Mum two weeks ago. I went to visit her to set it up - a 1200 kilometre round trip. She is a first time mobile user, so it is all a little strange for her at the moment, but the main issue is the calls keep dropping out, so I ring her back and it drops out, she rings me back, it drops out, and so on - one evening we made five calls before we eventually finished our conversation! I rang the 1300 line and spoke to a woman in an offshore call centre. I think if Mum had made that call, she would have found it very difficult. Call centre suggested that the signal is the problem, but I know that is not the issue as Mum has visitors (including me) who use their phones in her home, without any problem. The call centre then said that Mum needs to insert the SIM card into another device to check it. I explained that Mum does not have any other devices. It took me some time to get the woman to understand. After thirty minutes of conversing with the call centre, I was told that a fault would be logged with Telstra and the call centre will provide "feedback" to me in a week. And so the problem continues, with no firm date in sight to have it rectified.

Purchased in July 2019 for $169.00.

Hi Linda, Thank you for your feedback and I apologise for your experience. We were made aware of your concern from our Telco technical support team and attempted to call you to assist. Please contact us on 03 9755 8885 to speak to our Australia based hardware technical team. Kind regards, Olitech Technology

Cute phone

I am still learning how to use the phone. So far I am happy with phone design, and its convex keys - it is easy to press them and the numbers are clear. The screen is fine and the display is big enough to read it. As a novice, I only wish the manunal would be more detailed and fully describe all options and available functions.

Purchased in June 2019 at on line.

Phone for very senior person !

Phone is for 95 year old mother. She likes the basic features but does not use the rest. My real only comment at this stage is the Display of Titles in the Menu Section, ie; The "Active" title line is in a pale grey colour. It is there fore difficult to read especially outdoors. Why not keep it BLACK like following title headings ?! or even better make it a RED colour ? NB: I did enter 'Speed" Numbers for Mum but cannot find the link to work out who I put on which number to tell Mum !! Can you help ? Thanks for now.

Elderly people gem

I just need it for outgoing and incoming calls especially from my sick husband. Occasionally to send and receive messages. I wanted something very simple and basic but with big numbers due to my poor vision. At the moment these are the features I’m using, probably slowly I will improve my skills in technology
Thanks for such a practical mobile phone

Purchased in July 2019 at Online for $169.00.

Great for seniors

I purchased this phone for my 90 year old mother. She was being charged very high amounts by her telco company just for having a landline. I did not want her to have a phone line through the NBN due to her not using internet and the unusually high cost of calls they were quoting. This phone has been the perfect solution. She has only been using it for a few days now and once she is more comfortable with it we will have her landline disconnected. So far, it has been great. She is not very good with technology and I did not want a phone that had internet capability. We just needed a phone that makes calls, takes calls and takes messages. I don't think that she will manage texting with the phone, but she may surprise me! I have recommended Olitech phones to other seniors that she is friends with also. Most of these people do not want an internet connection - just a phone that does what a phone is supposed to do. Great value, simple phone for elderly people that does what it's meant to do.

Purchased in June 2019 for $160.00.

Bach to the Future!!

This phone is very similar to the Nokia Classic I used about 20 years ago. Admittedly, going back to the older technology feels a bit "clunky" at first, but now have less operating mistakes than with the "faster-than-light" phones. A couple of unexpected side issues. I needed to use an earpiece with the "smart" phone, but can hear clearly now. Also the ring tone is louder and the vibration stronger. My assumption is that as the "smart" phones are getting thinner and lighter, all the components are getting smaller. I predominantly only use the phone for calls and SMS - hence the "smart" phone had a lot of functions which were never used. Useability outdoors is good with the bright screen.

easy to use

phone only used by elderly person to make or receive calls. only problem we found was the power button shouldnt be under the loudspeaker button. my mothers sight isnt great and she shakes so sometimes she turns it off.

Purchased in June 2019 at olitech for $169.00.

Good for the elderly

Phone is great apart from back cover being impossible for elderly to open. Purchased olitech phone cover but design does not allow you to lock key pad when phone is in the cover. If you don’t lock it the cover pushes down on the keys activating them

Purchased in May 2019 at Internet for $159.00.

Love the menu button!

I bought this phone for my father and think the buttons set aside for Menu, Speaker Phone, and Magnifying Glass are great. The only problem is the phone can't be used with the charging cradle if you have put the protective cover on the phone. My father would struggle to take the cover off for charging.

Purchased in June 2019 for $185.00.

Software

Great phone - not just for seniors

The useability of this phone is excellent. Very nice, clear display that is easy to read out of doors; and a clean simple menu that allows you to easy set up. Recommended.

Great for seniors!

Purchased for my elderly mother who is losing her landline soon due to NBN and who has trouble using her current mobile phone, because it is too complex. The Olitech Easymate is much easier for Mum to use as it has mostly basic functions. (Mum hasn't attempted photos or texts yet ... baby steps). The cradle charging function makes it easier for Mum compared to plugging in a cord. The buttons are large and the phone speaking confirmation of buttons pressed is brilliant. Very good for seniors.

Purchased in May 2019.