Olitech Easy Mate+

MPN: OLT2914

39 questions from our users

lizardofoz6

lizardofoz6asked

please advise if you can supply cord to recharge Easy Mate on my computor?

Gary F.

Gary F.asked

Can I charge phone by using USB connection on top of phone

LSE

LSEasked

I read somewhere that 3G is being phased out soon. Does that mean that this phone will then no longer be usable?

Anet49

Anet49asked

Does phone have blue tick....for use in rural areas...my own phone has dodgy coverage in the house this one will be used in...we are on telstra network.

mal
mal

Hi the phone is only 3g and i am not sure if that matters works very well metropolitan areas
i don't think it has blue tick

Anet49

Anet49asked

I am looking at purchasing one of these phones for my mother..88yo..the coverage in her house is dodgy. Does this phone come under the blue tick range for places with dodgy coverage?

Jenny J.

Jenny J.asked

Why can’t a photo open in messages? (Message size exceed) even when the photo is sent as a pdf

Jenny J.

Jenny J.asked

Can you display this mobile number on the home screen? Mum forgets her number

david h.

david h.asked

how to download photos into computer

Brian Pasked

Can the phone be charged with out the cradle

Barney
Barney

I have not tried to charge the phone other then by the cradle but the company claims it can be.

jackie
jackie

yes it can no problem at all you plug the lead into the top of the phone where the connection is as i did try it tonight

Cathrine S.asked

Hello
My mother keeps pressing the lock button and then cannot work out how to unlock it. Is there any way to disable the lock button on the side of the phone. Everytime she picks it up she presses this button by mistake.
Paul

MabelC
MabelC

Hi, the way it works is to unlock it, you have to press the lock button and asterisk for 3 seconds. Hope it helps
All the best

Cathrine S.

Yes I know, and that is fine for me, but mum just cant do it. She just says the phone wont work and puts it away until the batteries are flat. If we could disable the button then there would not be a problem. Does anyone know how to do it?

Nib
Nib

I saw a review on YouTube where the phone had a piece of cardboard taped over the switch. Not pretty but it should work.

Carol Hardick

Carol Hardickasked

Hi guys,
Waiting on a new 'cradle'.. cannot seem to charge phone with the cradle cord inserted, or phone will not switch on... does this mean battery completely dead. phone 3 months old.
Cheers,
Carol

Scott W

Scott Wasked

Can I find the Olitech phone with its GPS in any way, similar to Find my Phone etc?

Ruth

Ruthasked

Received Olitec Easy Mate 25/06/19. Charged fully that day. 26/05/19 ph working at 7.00am, but by 3.00pm, ph wouldn't turn on. Tried charging again using the cradle overnight, no success. Ph presently charging via the cord. Why would ph have gone completely flat over the few hours yesterday, is the battery already in need of replacement? There was no 'plastic' covering battery points as indicated in the manual, could battery have discharged before receiving? I'm finding this very frustrating as it was purchased for my elderly father, but if it continues to do this, it is of no use whatsoever to him.
Your help would really be appreciated.

cheers
Ruth

Judy
Judy

That sounds a little strange compared to my experience. I charged the phone (after removing the battery plastic cove)r foe about 30 hours before using. Seems ok. Try again otherwise I would return it!

Judy A.

Judy A.asked

Is the Olitech sim card workable all over Australia.

Olitech SupportOlitech

Hi Judy,
Yes Olitech Telco uses the Telstra Wholesale network and offers coverage Australia wide. Please refer to the below link for the Telstra Wholesale coverage map.
Best,

Tara Spotswood

Tara Spotswoodasked

What is the coverage like as need something the same as blue tick or rural service.
Looking at getting this for my grandma

suepop

suepopasked

My mothers phone is 12month old, we can not get the battery to charge

Olitech SupportOlitech

Hi Suepop,
Thank you for your comment. New batteries for the Easy Mate+ can be purchased online at https://www.olitech.com.au/product-page/battery-for-easy-mate-phone
If you have any further queries please contact us at support@olitech.com.au or call 0397558885.
Kind regards,

Fin J.

Fin J.asked

can i pair my easymate+ with a microsoft surface pro

Kathy P.

Kathy P.asked

Can the phone announce the callers name instead if the phone number?

Kathy P.

Kathy P.asked

Can the phone announce the callers name instead of the number?

Francis W.

Francis W.asked

how to send a text message

RonnyCraven
RonnyCraven

If the person you are texting is not already in your Phonebook I find it most convenient to add them first. Let’s say the name is “Paul”.
Unlock Phone - Press menu - The first entry that comes up is text - Press OK - Write message - Press OK - Text Messages - Press OK - Write your message - Press Options -
Send To - select - Add From Phonebook - Press OK - Enter first letter of contact (eg “P” for “Paul) - Name is highlighted - Press Options - Press send. If you still have trouble email the maker

Get an answer from our members and Olitech representatives