Olitech Easy Mate+

Olitech Easy Mate+ (page 2 of 4)

MPN: OLT2914

4.4

• Battery Life
  • Camera Quality
  • Hardware
  • Software
Adam

AdamMid North Coast, NSW

Ideal mobile phone for an elderly loved one!!

Simple and straight forward design yet exactly what's needed for someone in their later years. The 'SOS' red button feature is particularly appreciated giving us all great peace of mind!

Purchased in August 2019 for A$169.00.

Mr and Mrs.

Mr and Mrs.

Excellent pleasant service,very prompt help when needed.

Phone very easy to use.Not yet used the camera. Mostly used so my wife can keep track of where I am ! Would definitely recommend for the older person to use.

Purchased in August 2019 at Direct from Olitech.

Lou

Lou

Great mobile phone for my 91 year old father. He finds it very easy to use!

Dad doesn’t use the camera or any apps. He only uses it to make and receive calls which is all he wanted and for this function he finds it wonderful. He especially likes the big keypad and the screen. He said he would highly recommend this mobile.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$169.00.

TRIFFIC Phone

Don't use the Camera.
Display is great.
Just calling.
No Apps.
This is my fourth mobile phone. I have had a ZTE, a Motorola, an iPhone all of which gave me a headache.
This phone is great for me. So simple.

Purchased in July 2019 for A$165.00.

Russell B

Russell BSALE

Great phone for the elderly

Nice big buttons and simple to use. My Dad has no trouble with its use. It is now his only phone due to availability in his home. He doesn't do SMS and use the other features so they'll lie dormant.

Purchased in August 2019 at Direct from Olitech.

Wriggles

WrigglesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My elderly father found it quite easy to use.

As my father is in a nursing home and no longer ambulatory I needed to get him a simple phone to use with large buttons and a minimum of features. The easy mate plus has suited well and has the added benefit of being on a lanyard so he can wear it and it’s always in reach.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$165.00.

Ruseell S

Ruseell SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not so good for the over 80's

Mel

MelCentral West, NSW

Overall a good product for its function and cost..

Excellent for simplicity , easy to read instructions and set up.
Large , raised and light up buttons , voice prompted on digits pressed. Easy to see large digits pressed on screen. The overall screen size needs to be larger , would suggest a flip style instead for both screen size and to prevent pocket calling. Buttons are very sensitive.
Has good signal coverage , has good sound clarity and volume .
The camera is terrible day or night , lacks focus and clarity. A bit complicated to find and to use the camera . Does not have a simple one press camera botton.
Hard to open back case for battery/sim insert..
Can not comment on the emergency button as i have not set it up or needed to use it yet , though its a great idea for peace of mind .

Trev

TrevHunter Region, NSW

Extremely simple to use. All the settings are large and easy to select and use. Well worth the money.

Camera quality satisfactory. Excellent display with White on black Theme.
Besides messaging and calling, not that much really. Everything so far has run very smoothly.
Cannot use Voicemail though. According to tour technical folk, the problem should be rectified by August 26th at 5 pm. Sounds like a problem with the Telstra network.....Here's hoping.

Maureen S

Maureen SSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great for Grannies

Hi being a true granny the only thing I use my phone for is to make and receive calls and receive and send text messages. Which is great for me works perfectly.

Purchased in June 2019 for A$169.00.

Steve Goodwin

Steve GoodwinMelbourne

This phone is perfect for my elderly Mother.

The technical assistance is second to none. An easy to set up and use phone for everyday use. It replaces the requirement for a home phone. The features are plentiful.

Purchased in July 2019.

Software

Better then my previous one

The phone was purchased for my wife who isn't tech savvy and therefore suited to the modern smart phones. She uses solely for a phone she uses when away from house. Her previous phone was thru Telstra and whilst adequate was cumbersome. She is very satisfied with this phone and also happy with the extra applications the phone has, such as speed dial. It is quite easy to use and is easy visible inside and outside alike.

jackie

jackieSydney, NSW

olitech easy mate mobile phone

i love this phone its so easy to use for my brother at the moment its mainly use for calling as hes learning to use in emergency and to call people in contacts if need too & people call him and so easy to know how to answer phone , plus when learning it actually talks to you ,he hasnt tried camera as yet needs to put sd card in there

Purchased in July 2019.

MKBok

MKBokTamworth

This phone, easy for pensioners is great.

Satisfaction, could not be more than happy. We have two, when hubby saw mine he changed to the same. Congratulations to the Company for having the foresightedness to design a phone that us older people can readily use.

I must also congratulate the sales team as nothing was a trouble and were most professional. I can honestly recommend Olitech to anyone looking for a quality phone and great service.

Purchased in May 2019.

Ann D

Ann DAU

Great little phone easy to use

Purchased for Mum who is in aged care with no fixed landlines, she is so happy to be able to communicate with friends again. Sits on a stand so looks like a landline, in the past she had a mobile & used to put it away so it would go flat. She is mainly using to make and receive calls, we have loaded contact details in the phone and demonstrated other features however it is a work in progress with lessons each time we visit. Would recommend & have noticed many other residents have the same phone

Purchased in July 2019 for A$164.00.

Find out how Olitech Easy Mate+ compares to other Mobile Phones

Made my wife happy as i can now contact anytime.

Excellent little mobile as i brought for my wife who doesn't like technology!She loves to use it as it is straight forward and easy to use and operate.Well done to olitech!

Purchased in July 2019 at Online .

Peter KeenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I am very happy with the service that I got, but a little disappointed with the phone and the website itself.

1. The Calendar option allows dates to be flagged but it does not save any content. This is a fault.
2. I want the input to be silent but setting it that way also stops the phone from ringing. These functions should be separated.
3. The phone cannot be carried in a handbag or pocket, even with a case, without the keys being pressed. If speed dialling is set, then this often results in the person being called unintentionally. The beeping is also embarrassing since the silent mode cannot be set (see 2. above)
4. The website is unfinished and little errors like the ".../30 words" at the bottom of this review have not been corrected. This does not give me confidence.

Purchased in July 2019 for A$189.00.

Olitech
Olitech SupportOlitech
Linda

LindaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Issues with calls dropping out all the time

Olitech
Olitech SupportOlitech
Senior person

Senior personPerth, WA

Cute phone

I am still learning how to use the phone. So far I am happy with phone design, and its convex keys - it is easy to press them and the numbers are clear. The screen is fine and the display is big enough to read it. As a novice, I only wish the manunal would be more detailed and fully describe all options and available functions.

Purchased in June 2019 at on line.

Robbie

Robbie

Phone for very senior person !

Phone is for 95 year old mother. She likes the basic features but does not use the rest. My real only comment at this stage is the Display of Titles in the Menu Section, ie; The "Active" title line is in a pale grey colour. It is there fore difficult to read especially outdoors. Why not keep it BLACK like following title headings ?! or even better make it a RED colour ? NB: I did enter 'Speed" Numbers for Mum but cannot find the link to work out who I put on which number to tell Mum !! Can you help ? Thanks for now.

Purchased in June 2019.

Costaasked

I bought a new Olitech easy flip I turned it on for the first time and it says system UI has stopped, what do you think I should do ?

Hi Costa.
I bought and returned the Olitech Easy flip as I reckon it's a miniature complex smart phone. I would contact Olitech via their web site and ask them. I must confess that I don't know what Ul means. They also have 3 lots of video instructions for your Easy flip. Very informative but I reckon it highlights its complexity. That's why I went back to my Olitech Easy Mate which is fantastic in comparison. If you don't get satisfaction from Olitech then contact your provider.
Good luck...…...Aussie.

Costa

Thank you for your reply, I believe the easy mate was discontinued and then I went for the easy flip. I will ring them in the morning.

Anne P

Anne Pasked

Has the 3G been turned off? We are in Hobart. My husband's phone won't call any numbers and he gets a message that "this number is not available on this service."

Hi Anne.
My Olitech Easy Mate is still working fine. I have to say I don't fully understand what's going on. There's talk of 5G already which makes me nervous. If I do buy a new 4G mobile phone now, how long would it be good for? Maybe he should contact his provider. I'm on Vodafone Prepay. Aussie.

Parkes F.

Parkes F.asked

Hi my elderly mum has an olitech she is having trouble...when she answers it she cant hear me unless she presses the speaker and then it is not always clear (I can hear her though). Have they somehow turned call volume off ??

Aussie S.

I can't think of any way that the call volume can be turned off Parks. The only thing I can think is that she is in a poor reception area which can change even just walking around the house. Check the vertical line ramp shaped icon in the extreme top left. There should be at least 4 gradually lengthening vertical lines. Any less and you are losing reception. If reception is getting weak the lines will gradually start to disappear. Also check the battery in the extreme top right. The battery shape should have all black vertical lines.
Good luck...…..Aussie.

Get an answer from our members and Olitech representatives