Olitech EasyFlip

Olitech EasyFlip (2019) Questions & Answers

22 questions from our users

Lyn

Lynasked

Hi does this phone have predictive text option and does the font size can be changed to larger

Peter S.
Peter S.

Yes, it has predictive text and the font can be changed. Great simple solid phone for the elderly technology-averse people. I wouldn't use it to send long texts but simple messages can be set up. Dialling is good through the Photo Dial function and has good emergency contact function. Overall I like it, no touch screen, no browser, very simple phone

Alan
Alan

Sending an SMS on this phone is a total pain as it uses the old multi tap system and certainly not something an older person could manage. I haven't tried altering the text size but remember that the screen is very small so a larger text would limit the amount of information available at any one time. Don't bother trying to sent or receive photos as the camera is pretty awful and so far I haven't been able to receive any incoming photos.( My wife did receive "half" a photo at one point so I told the sender to resend to my smart phone which was naturally OK) .This is a very basic Flip phone similar to 1999 models and so is best limited to receiving and making phone calls providing a tech savvy friend can set up the contact list and speed dialling.

Phillip B.

Phillip B.asked

Serious about purchase of Easy Flip 4G,but as I have a Standard SIM CARD (25x15)(in my now defunct old phone )
HOW do I change over for Olitech as appears necessary??
Thanking you in anticipation your reply please.
Phillip

Julie
Julie

Go to your mobile provider and buy a new sim Make sure you get them to transfer your mobile number to new sim

Scout

Scoutasked

I have just been looking t the reviews for the Olitech Easyflip phone, and there were a number who said that the battery life of this phone is very very bad.. can you enlighten me please???

Ian Bainbridge

It is a lot better than many of its competitors. Only when we cease to depend on Chinese manufactured batteries will we really start to see phones with reasonable battery lives.

Jenny

It does have to be charged up quite regularly.

Bill R.

Bill R.asked

Does this phone have a hotspot capability (to use with my iPad)?

Lindsay D.

Lindsay D.asked

Will this phone handle WhatsApp please?

Marjasked

What if the sim is not a nano sim? Not sure what the sim is in my friend's current phone.

Marjasked

I am wanting to buy this phone for a shakey friend. It ticks all the boxes. One question, can you see who is calling without opening the phone? ie does the number/name appear on the closed screen?

Jenny

Yes the front screen displays the number

Ian

Ianasked

Am I able to transfer photos stored on my Olitech EasyFlip phone (model number OLT 2908) to my computer?

Ian Bainbridge

Yes - see page 28 of user manual.

pat63

pat63asked

Can I use my Olitech phone with a QR?

marcozmitch
marcozmitch

Not likely: not an actual smartphone with "APPS" using Android QR (internet linked) codes.

jerry.scott W.

jerry.scott W.asked

WHEN SMS message come threw on mobile phone give one beep or several beep IS EASY TO SEND SMS MESSAGE as not very technical person . When sms message come threw time and date clearly. Does have loud sound when call coming threw? REgarding sims does come with phone warranty on phone IS 4 G

dddownunder

dddownunderasked

Can the Olitech owner be tracked by another mobile smart phone in the event of them becoming lost?

Sharon P.asked

How can I see photos sent to me in a text message? When I highlight the message, photos have an arrow on them but I cannot get them to open.

Anne W.

Anne W.asked

Is the hotspot easy to use ? My dad has a tablet which he can use for the internet if we can link it up.

Punito F.

Punito F.asked

will the Oliteck 4G take my Samsung (fiveyears old) sim card

Sharon P.

It should do as long as the SIM card is a nano size.

Bill P.

Bill P.asked

can you do face time calls and watch YouTube on this phone

Sharon P.

It is not a smart phone and the only app it has is Olitech. Other apps cannot be downloaded on this phone.

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

HI, looking at purchasing this phone for my 82 yr old mum and just wondering how the hotspot works please. She uses hot spot sparingly but it needs to be simple to access. Is it possible to perhaps advise the steps taken so I can see if this is easy for her?
She only uses the phone for phone calls and hotspot.

Michael
Michael

Hi
I didn’t see much value in the wifi connection, my mum only uses it for calls which is perfect. There is no internet browser. I hope this helps
Regards

Sharon P.asked

Can apps be added to this phone such as online banking apps?

Sharon P.

I contacted Olitech and was told no apps can be downloaded to this phone.

DeniseC

DeniseCasked

Can this phone be unlocked and my elderly parents Telstra sim and plan inserted? Denise

Grahame
Grahame

Yes, it's unlocked on purchase and any SIM card (nano size which theirs would be) along with that provider's plan will work.

Genny
Genny

Yes it is an UNLOCKED phone.

Judyasked

Will the mobile phone plan to go with this phone need any data?

Olitech
Olitech SupportOlitech

Hi Judy, The EasyFlip can only use data to send/receive picture messages, send a GPS location or through use of the myEasyAssist remote access application. These functions use little data. The Olitech Telco ECO plan has 200 MB of data included.
Kind regards,
Olitech

Thank you!

Wendy

Wendyasked

Is it compatible with at&t?

Jen
Jen

This model phone is just for calls and texts but you can set up online account to check on phone activity. It is a simple phone for computer illiterate and those with physical and mental disabilities.

Get an answer from our members and Olitech representatives