Olitech EasyFlip

Olitech EasyFlip (2019) (page 2 of 8)

• Software
  • Battery Life
  • Camera Quality
  • Hardware
Shazam O.

Shazam O.

Excellent Flip phone for elderly. Customer Service very helpful. Thanks

Easy to use. Large buttons, can set quick dial. Very clear, not too bulky. Has a button for emergency. Very happy with purchase, recommend to anyone who finds phones in stores too difficult to use.

Michael

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very good for what we need

Have not used the camera yet ! ( We have a very good older CAMERA )!
Good brightness
We are only using the phone for calling & messaging
We do not run any apps
Many thanks for the chance to replt

Purchased in October 2020.

Great phone for elderly and impaired

Bought for my mum.
Easy to use.
Directional and OK button take a little getting used too.
Audio and screen clarity is very good.
A great phone for the not too tech aware

Graham

GrahamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent every day phone

Have not used the camera yet. Use it for calls and texts at this stage. Easy phone to use and understand.
Quality appears to be very good. Very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in October 2020 at Olitech for $199.00.

Annette C

Annette CFar North Queensland, QLD

Purchased for my 80 year old Dad

Bought for my dad who is not too 'tech savvy'. Easy to use. Great accessories. Nice streamlined feel to it. Will be fantastic for him going forward. Great service from Olitech... from the delightful staff in the office who answered all my initial questions, right through to the ease of ordering online and super quick delivery. Would thoroughly recommend.... thank you.

Allan

AllanMurray Mallee, SA

Bought for a 99 year old who never has had a mobile b4. He is mastering it well

key and brightness good volumes up to maximum working well .My father is partially deaf.
He is not using text or the camera yet. voice messages ok is mastering the pick up of messages that have been left, so all in all the phone is one that i would expect an elderly person should have.

Purchased in October 2020 for $199.00.

Suits my purpose, nice loud ring and good easy to hear speech quality when making and receiving calls.

Haven't used the camera yet, mainly focused on using it for calls at the moment but confident that all the other features will work well in keeping with the overall quality of the phone.
Feels robust and durable unlike some of these small flip phones.
Only used it for calls so far,
I'd recommend it for anyone with a hearing problem

Chrissie

ChrissieMid North Coast, NSW

Just right for requirements

I purchased this phone for my sister who requires a basic and easy to use form of communication. The clear to read screen plus quick dial buttons are ideal for her. It was only bought a couple of weeks ago but so far is going well.

Marilyn Eig

Marilyn EigSouth East Queensland, QLD

great phone Even I have been able to set it up and thats saying something

have not used camera yet This phone was bought to aid husband with Parkinsons so he just has to open to answer and close to hang up.I also wanted the red back button for emergencies.

Annie

AnnieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great phone for my mum

This phone suits my mum she has limited hearing, and can hear well on the phone. she can use this phone easily would but does not use many of features recommended.

Purchased in October 2020 for $200.00.

Olitech flip - just right for me

I needed a compact unit for phone & sms only - nothing 'smart'. As a vision impaired person I found I can't use pastel coloured glary screens despite how big they might be.

Tryria

Tryria3131

After One Week I Say WOW!

Purchased in October 2020 for $199.00.

Really good better than expected.

Once you work out not to touch your screen as smartphones it gets easier to use for calls and messaging.Bright ,small and easy to read letters.Like the different colours too.

Performance
Software
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Hardware

The phone is perfect for my needs

My recently purchased easy flip 4G mobile phone is perfect for me. I only use it to make phone calls and messaging and occasionally the camera. So far everything works smoothly thank you.

Maria

Performance
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Hardware
Michelle

MichelleVictoria

Just right and has given my dad confidence

I purchased this phone for my father who has parkinson. He has managed the phone with ease and it has increased his independence and confidence to go out for a walk knowing that if he gets into strife he just has to his the sos button. The charging cradle is a terrific idea and much easier for him to manage than a plug

Senior Phone for my Mother

Phone is good . Bought this item to have My easy assist having extreme trouble with this app
and phone
Works ok when next to phone then when I log in after I return home no connection very Frustrated
daughter

Purchased in May 2020 for $199.00.

zihuat

zihuatSydney, NSW

Clearest phone I have ever used!!!

I purchased the phone for my 94 year old mother with no intention to use non-phone features (SMS, camera, email etc). Definitely did not want a smart phone, yet this is a lot smarter than it at first appears.
I found setting up the phone very easy and was impressed by the level detail taken to suit the target audience and allow customisation. The phone needed to be simple to use and Mum can use it after minimal tuition (no mean feat!).
This is the clearest phone I have used and the clearest I have heard (when mum rings me it comes through loud and very clear). Top marks all round - highly recommended.

Purchased in September 2020.

MM

MMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect for elderly parent!

The Olitech EasyFlip was purchased for our elderly mum to replace an old 3G Doro which died after many years of use. The decision was based on Choice reports and mum's very limited ability to navigate a mobile phone. The EasyFlip is a basic mobile phone with more features than she requires; making and receiving calls. Very happy with Olitech purchasing process and excellent after sales customer service.

Purchased in September 2020 for $219.00.

button trouble

we bought this phone for my 89 yr old mother to replace a 3G Doro no longer working. Display and things are good but only problem is the buttons are not individually defined enough. Her arthritis hands have trouble with the arrows and the centre yellow enter button and tend to bump several at the same time.
Messaging is one of the main things she likes to use so she is constantly needing these buttons.
The emergency button is good. sound quality when calling is excellent.

Purchased in September 2020 for $199.00.

Resonable but very limited phone.

Camera very low quality, needs improving to be usuable.
Display very good but color would be nice.
Notes. Very basic but does the job it is designed.
Apps run smoothly sometimes.
No battery charging light.

Purchased in September 2020 at Olitech for $198.00.

Marie M.

Marie M.asked

My neighbor has an Olitech easy flip and it is frozen just showing Olitech Easyflip on the screen. When you try to turn it off it just keeps restarting, with the name on the screen and you cant do anything with the phone.

Peter S.

Hi Marie, what I would try first is a Factory Reset although if you can't get past the Olitech screen that may not be possible. (Settings>System>Factory reset) so try removing the battery, leave it for a few seconds then replace it and see if that resolves it.

If that doesn't work then a call to Olitech support may be needed.

03 9755 8885 or support@olitech.com.au

I hope this helps. Peter

Alan

Like Peter S suggested I would try removing the battery,waiting a few seconds and then reinserting it. If no joy then it is probably a hardware fault and you could try contacting Olitech. This phone has a 12 month warranty and my wife's phone failed in a similar manner after only 11 months and had to be replaced. Choice magazine had a good article on "phones for seniors" in their April 2021 edition. They suggested an alternative option for those less tech savvy was to obtain an older android smart phone and go into settings then choose "easy mode " or "simple mode" depending on brand. There are also several free apps from the Google play store that can add a simple interface to the phone making it much more senior friendly. Naturally for the initial phone set up they would need the help of a tech savvy friend. The big plus for using a smartphone is that they can read QR codes so essential in our Covid19 times. The Olitech phone CANNOT read QR codes so is only suitable someone who is in a nursing home or housebound.

Lyn

Lynasked

Hi does this phone have predictive text option and does the font size can be changed to larger

Peter S.

Yes, it has predictive text and the font can be changed. Great simple solid phone for the elderly technology-averse people. I wouldn't use it to send long texts but simple messages can be set up. Dialling is good through the Photo Dial function and has good emergency contact function. Overall I like it, no touch screen, no browser, very simple phone

Alan

Sending an SMS on this phone is a total pain as it uses the old multi tap system and certainly not something an older person could manage. I haven't tried altering the text size but remember that the screen is very small so a larger text would limit the amount of information available at any one time. Don't bother trying to sent or receive photos as the camera is pretty awful and so far I haven't been able to receive any incoming photos.( My wife did receive "half" a photo at one point so I told the sender to resend to my smart phone which was naturally OK) .This is a very basic Flip phone similar to 1999 models and so is best limited to receiving and making phone calls providing a tech savvy friend can set up the contact list and speed dialling.

Phillip B.

Phillip B.asked

Serious about purchase of Easy Flip 4G,but as I have a Standard SIM CARD (25x15)(in my now defunct old phone )
HOW do I change over for Olitech as appears necessary??
Thanking you in anticipation your reply please.
Phillip

Julie
Julie

Go to your mobile provider and buy a new sim Make sure you get them to transfer your mobile number to new sim

See all Olitech EasyFlip (2019) questions

Get an answer from our members and Olitech representatives

CategoryMobile Phones