Olitech EasyFlip

Olitech EasyFlip (2019) (page 3 of 8)

• Software
  • Battery Life
  • Camera Quality
  • Hardware

We've been recommending it!

The phone is exactly as described with the best size and user-friendly buttons I've seen, and the white surrounding also makes finding what you want easier. The number of extra things the phone can do caused my mother some anxiety until we decided she doesn't HAVE to use them. The flip-open to answer calls, and close the phone to end the call is something that has given my mother a great feeling of relief. There sound is very clear and loud enough. The phone also comes with the best set up and user instructions I've ever come across. Plus there's videos on the net , and personal help from the company if needed. I couldn't recommend it more highly.

naomi.viney

naomi.vineyNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Great phone for vision impaired and elderly.

Recently purchased the easyflip on behalf of my elderly client who is visually impaired. He is quite pleased with its ability to talk when he is using it, and the transition from his previous phone to the easyflip has gone fairly smoothly. Highly recommend this product.

Best phone for elderly

I do not use the camera, brightness and display is good. I only use the phone for calling and messaging and do not know what apps are. It is the best mobile phone I have had and have had four. The main reason or purchasing it was for the clarity when calling. I am not disappointed. Perfect for the elderly.

Mike

MikeBALLARAT CENTRAL

Nice little phone - great for seniors

Bought this phone for my father - his first mobile phone at 90 years plus. Seems to be managing it ok so far. Minimal easy setup required. Only using it as a phone, so no comment on other built in features. Prompt shipping from Olitech, but Australia Post not as efficient in delivery.

Denise

DeniseRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Waiting for a new phone to arrive

I don't really want to give a review for this phone as the camera doesn't work at all and the phone is being replaced. I would like to give a review when I get the replacement.

Garry C.

Garry C.Illawarra, NSW

Looks to be the Goods!

Just what my senior Dad needs. Simplicity! Could probably do without some more of the functions! Only needs one phonebook ie. photobook. Some of the direction arrows are a bit small for old arthritic fingers too! But much improved on competition solutions.

bobtieHunter Region, NSW

Phone is OK; Service and EasyAssist is Hopeless!

Red Battery Indicator light on front face stopped working the day after I received the phone; three messages requesting return advice still unanswered after 4 days. (Light decided to come on again today). Tried signing in to EasyAssist website; after 3 password resets and 3 “Invalid login” messages, I gave up. Yes, the phone is nice and easy to use and a cheaper option for dinosaurs like me that don’t need a thousand-dollars worth of gimmicks but Olitech needs to lift its game if it wants 5 stars.

GUS

GUSGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolute Ripper

So simple to use for us oldies, large numbers, easy to follow instructions and no nonsense operation. Great service from Olitech with pre-purchase advice and help in which phone would be most suitable. Phone is exactly as described on the Web site and as I mainly use it for calls and texting is so simple. Love it.

Good phone

It is easy for my 80 year old mum to hear when talking to people on the phone and the sound quality is very clear. I do think some of the options such as how to get capitals and punctuation for texts are too hard to use for older people. When selecting punctuation if you don’t get there quickly enough it reverts back before you can make your selection. The hardcopy manual is not entirely clear, I had to view the online Olitech manual to work some things out. Otherwise happy with phone quality.

Mobile for Grandma

Purchased for my 91yr MiL who was having trouble navigating her iPhone. She reports she is very happy with it, easy to use and carry, particularly likes answering it by just flipping the lid and has no trouble making calls. This is really all she uses it for and why it was purchased.
Very pleased with the customer service and prompt postage.

Dan

DanGippsland, VIC

Good Phone Bad Battery

No Draft folder for messages. Battery goes flat in 4 hours even when phone not used.
Good sound in Hearing Aids. Large text.
Sometime difficult to get charging to work in cradle.

Angela

AngelaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

great phone for seniors

the use for my dad is just calls, and gives him a sense of security
the emergency button is one great feature, and one main reason we got this particular model

Minor Improvement Required

Bill

Bill

Not for me

Sorry this phone is not for me. I am unable to do most of the things J can do with my current phone.
I appreciate it is not a smart phone but I need some of the apps my phone has that I cannot download into your phone, Maybe you will have the technology some day, You get what you pay for.

gecko

geckoSouthwest, VIC

Back to the future

Once programmed this phone is very easy to use.
I am impressed by the simple layout of features using the menu and contacts keys.
The magnifier and torch features will be very handy for my elderly Mother
Have yet to teach Mum to use it but I am confident it will be pretty easy.
Thanks Olitech.

Lee

LeeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Yes the phone is easy to flip open but for a senior with vision problems, its too complicated

Revo

RevoWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Easy As

Durability good and easy to see display and scroll through the phone with ease and great volume my 88 year old mother loves it, Mum only uses for calling and messaging.

Lockie

LockieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Mum loves her phone.

Our order was processed quickly and arrived quickly. Our 78 yo mum is getting use to using it and has no problems with speaker volume or # key size. The SOS feature has saved us $$$$ as we were going to buy an emergency pendent as well but this phone has the exact same feature. Very happy

Rhonda

RhondaWestern District, VIC

Great features

This phone has so many excellent features, being able to change the display was great, as to was ajusting the phones ring tone so a person with a hearing impariement can hear it.
Adding photos and audio was easy to do with the aid of the instructional videos.
I was really impressed with the promt service and delivery. Highly recommended.

Lorraine Ward

Lorraine WardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic easy phone for resistant mobile users

Got this phone for my husband who was going into hospital. Only used it for calls so far, but he loves it. Can’t get photos and messages together, when they are sent. We’ll work it out. He’s very happy with it, and I will get one when it’s time for a new one.

Marie M.

Marie M.asked

My neighbor has an Olitech easy flip and it is frozen just showing Olitech Easyflip on the screen. When you try to turn it off it just keeps restarting, with the name on the screen and you cant do anything with the phone.

Lyn

Lynasked

Hi does this phone have predictive text option and does the font size can be changed to larger

Peter S.
Peter S.

Yes, it has predictive text and the font can be changed. Great simple solid phone for the elderly technology-averse people. I wouldn't use it to send long texts but simple messages can be set up. Dialling is good through the Photo Dial function and has good emergency contact function. Overall I like it, no touch screen, no browser, very simple phone

Alan
Alan

Sending an SMS on this phone is a total pain as it uses the old multi tap system and certainly not something an older person could manage. I haven't tried altering the text size but remember that the screen is very small so a larger text would limit the amount of information available at any one time. Don't bother trying to sent or receive photos as the camera is pretty awful and so far I haven't been able to receive any incoming photos.( My wife did receive "half" a photo at one point so I told the sender to resend to my smart phone which was naturally OK) .This is a very basic Flip phone similar to 1999 models and so is best limited to receiving and making phone calls providing a tech savvy friend can set up the contact list and speed dialling.

Phillip B.

Phillip B.asked

Serious about purchase of Easy Flip 4G,but as I have a Standard SIM CARD (25x15)(in my now defunct old phone )
HOW do I change over for Olitech as appears necessary??
Thanking you in anticipation your reply please.
Phillip

Julie
Julie

Go to your mobile provider and buy a new sim Make sure you get them to transfer your mobile number to new sim

See all Olitech EasyFlip (2019) questions

Get an answer from our members and Olitech representatives

CategoryMobile Phones