Olitech EasyFlip

Olitech EasyFlip (2019) (page 4 of 8)

• Software
  • Battery Life
  • Camera Quality
  • Hardware
Lorraine Ward

Lorraine WardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic easy phone for resistant mobile users

Got this phone for my husband who was going into hospital. Only used it for calls so far, but he loves it. Can’t get photos and messages together, when they are sent. We’ll work it out. He’s very happy with it, and I will get one when it’s time for a new one.

Beryl C

Beryl CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Clearer Sound

It is early days but the sound seems much clearer for my extremely deaf husband. He is enjoying talking to family and friends. Camera etc have not yet been used

JulieCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

an excellent phone for an handicapped girl

haven,t used the camera as yet . the screen is easy to see and follow and the big numbers are easy for her to see and use. fast and efficient service.

Caron

Caron

Perfect for older users.

At last I’ve found a phone that my 82 year old mum can use. I have programmed frequently used numbers into one touch calling and taped those numbers where she can see them. The ring tones are loud, other phones she can’t hear too well. Even the charging is easier with the cradle as she started finding putting the charger in a challenge. So happy we bought this.

Barbara M.

Barbara M.

find it very easy to use

camera quality excellent brightness very good only use it at this stage for messaging and calling no apps installed as yet . phone is perfect for older users as sound and clarity is great

brewsterly

brewsterly

UPDATED Review after 5 months

ray madden

ray maddenSydney, NSW

this is great

very satisfied all work very well. only use on limited times
d
durability and brightness is very good
only mostly use for phone calls or brake down on way from work
every thing runs smoothly .

Marg

MargGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very good except the battery life

The phone is quite user friendly once you get used to its operation. It contains features very suitable for the seniors. We have not yet tried the camera or the sending and receiving of photos and videos and hence cannot commend on that.
However, we are very disappointed with the battery life, having to constantly check to ensure we have enough battery to last a conversation.
The volume is certainly loud when the loudspeaker or the hearing aid button is turned on; even without a bluetooth connection to a hearing aid. The choice of ringtones should include more familiar tunes so to make it easier to recognise whose phone is ringing.

This phone and its manual are not good for people with eyesight problems like I have....

Easy phone for 80+ year old mother

Bought the phone for my 80+ year old mother. Phone is easy to use, able to turn off non required functions, with large buttons. Olitech was great to deal with and replaced original phone as it had a dodgy "9" button. Sent via express post and gave me a return postage label. Thank you for prompt and courteous service.

Smiley

Smiley

Purchased 2 now for 90+ couple

Camera a bit grainy but photo dial brilliant for elderly Mum
Display and brightness great
Only used for calls
Clarity and ability to hear amazing for them, Mum can hear on the phone better than face to face

Janno

JannoVictoria

Perfect phone for hearing impaired mother.

I bought this phone for my hearing impaired 90 year old mother. She is able to hear clearly for the first time on a mobile phone. The phone is easy to use, even though she has no technology skills and was quite resistant to learning :-) She is now confident using this phone.
The service at Olitech is outstanding - nothing is too much trouble and they are very patient with queries. Maria - you did a great job!

Helen K

Helen KGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

First mobile phone for my 98 year old mother

I bought the Easy Flip for my 98 yo mother who only wants to make and receive calls. The phone suits her needs perfectly and she particularly likes the compact size and lightness which makes it easy for her to use. It’s her first mobile and she loves it! I bought the phone from Olitech direct and they were extremely helpful and very kindly set it up for me. Only comment for improvement would be to include caller identity with missed calls on front of screen.

john limond

john limondHunter Region, NSW

This is perfect .my mother is 90

Mum is 90 ..trust me not a easy transition to mobile technology
the plan suited her needs just a phone for her application but very satisfying her being able to master this technology ..especially being hard of hearing .the text being able to be increased on screen also a help ...
Down side the flip phone a bit tiny to handle but yet still a positive as long battery life cradle for ease of charging is worth the size compromise
the delivery and transactions were smooth and awesome service thankyou
Regards john limond
Maitland nsw

Richard J

Richard J

Better than expected.

Easy to use and logical programmes. Uncomplicated until I got to data hotspotting which took a little figuring out. The camera works pretty well as does the whole unit in being easy to read and uncomplicated. What I really like is that it fits easily into my pocket compared to many smart phones are just too slab like to comfortably fit. The bluetooth function works well with hands free in the car although for some reason, the call logs do not appear. Pleased that I bought one.

H Jay

H JayAdelaide

Very good actually!

Leigh B.

Leigh B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not ideal for vision impaired people

Texting is difficult for my mother. She can't read the little text banner at the bottom of the screen - would be better if letters appeared in the actual text area, as you type, where they are bigger.

The phone I've been searching for

A good, straightforward, easy to use phone. I like the clear screen & LARGE buttons. Will be using it mainly for calling & messaging.
Prompt service after ordering was appreciated. Wont need many apps.

Virginia C.

Virginia C.Sydney, NSW

This is a great phone to use for a person living with special needs and is technically challenged

The phone is basically used for a making calls and sending text messages. My sister who uses the phone lives with special needs of an intellectual challenge and on her last phone was forever erasing her contacts, but saying that the caller ID is not announced or come up when the phone rings

Robert

RobertWestern District, VIC

Near-perfect for my 93 year old mum "techtard" mum

Phone was all it was advertised to be. Mum had unbelievable trouble with her first mobile and was reluctant to use it. All she needs is to make/receive calls simply, and this phone does it. The emergency call, low battery notification and side button disabled functions are a reassuring bonus, as is the charge cradle (no fiddly cable connection). The online videos re phone setup and functions were extremely helpful, as was the ability to email questions re phone to Olitech for assistance. I used this several times and got a prompt and helpful reply each time (I'm almost as much of a "techtard" as my mum!)

Marie M.

Marie M.asked

My neighbor has an Olitech easy flip and it is frozen just showing Olitech Easyflip on the screen. When you try to turn it off it just keeps restarting, with the name on the screen and you cant do anything with the phone.

Peter S.

Hi Marie, what I would try first is a Factory Reset although if you can't get past the Olitech screen that may not be possible. (Settings>System>Factory reset) so try removing the battery, leave it for a few seconds then replace it and see if that resolves it.

If that doesn't work then a call to Olitech support may be needed.

03 9755 8885 or support@olitech.com.au

I hope this helps. Peter

Alan

Like Peter S suggested I would try removing the battery,waiting a few seconds and then reinserting it. If no joy then it is probably a hardware fault and you could try contacting Olitech. This phone has a 12 month warranty and my wife's phone failed in a similar manner after only 11 months and had to be replaced. Choice magazine had a good article on "phones for seniors" in their April 2021 edition. They suggested an alternative option for those less tech savvy was to obtain an older android smart phone and go into settings then choose "easy mode " or "simple mode" depending on brand. There are also several free apps from the Google play store that can add a simple interface to the phone making it much more senior friendly. Naturally for the initial phone set up they would need the help of a tech savvy friend. The big plus for using a smartphone is that they can read QR codes so essential in our Covid19 times. The Olitech phone CANNOT read QR codes so is only suitable someone who is in a nursing home or housebound.

Lyn

Lynasked

Hi does this phone have predictive text option and does the font size can be changed to larger

Peter S.

Yes, it has predictive text and the font can be changed. Great simple solid phone for the elderly technology-averse people. I wouldn't use it to send long texts but simple messages can be set up. Dialling is good through the Photo Dial function and has good emergency contact function. Overall I like it, no touch screen, no browser, very simple phone

Alan

Sending an SMS on this phone is a total pain as it uses the old multi tap system and certainly not something an older person could manage. I haven't tried altering the text size but remember that the screen is very small so a larger text would limit the amount of information available at any one time. Don't bother trying to sent or receive photos as the camera is pretty awful and so far I haven't been able to receive any incoming photos.( My wife did receive "half" a photo at one point so I told the sender to resend to my smart phone which was naturally OK) .This is a very basic Flip phone similar to 1999 models and so is best limited to receiving and making phone calls providing a tech savvy friend can set up the contact list and speed dialling.

Phillip B.

Phillip B.asked

Serious about purchase of Easy Flip 4G,but as I have a Standard SIM CARD (25x15)(in my now defunct old phone )
HOW do I change over for Olitech as appears necessary??
Thanking you in anticipation your reply please.
Phillip

Julie

Go to your mobile provider and buy a new sim Make sure you get them to transfer your mobile number to new sim

See all Olitech EasyFlip (2019) questions

Get an answer from our members and Olitech representatives

CategoryMobile Phones