Olitech EasyFlip

• Camera Quality
  • Hardware

AlanFar North Queensland, QLD

This Phone Has Poor Features and Olitech Has Warranty Compliance Issues

Purchased in March 2020 at Olitech for $210.00.

Cate8

Cate8Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nice phone with one major problem

I really like this phone - nice size , good buttons and good charging options. EXCEPT - the SIM is almost impossible to insert - the slot seems to be the wrong size, it’s very fiddly and flimsy, very easy to damage and poorly designed - particularly compared with the old Doro it replaces, which just slots in. I just don’t understand how Olitech can possibly think this is OK. If I can’t insert it (I gave up) how could older folk possibly manage? Very disappointing.

Purchased in November 2020 for $199.00.

EasyFlip. Give it the flick.

Purchased in September 2020 at Olitech.

Mobile Phones

Find out how Olitech EasyFlip compares to other Mobile Phones

Keith

KeithGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great except battery runs out even when not in use

All fine - everything is quite adequate except for the life of the battery. I must admit we are a bit disappointed as the battery runs low even when not in use.

Purchased in June 2020 for $198.00.

Judy

JudyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed that I cannot use this phone to share photographs.

This mobile is supposed to be suitable for Seniors. I purchased this for my 99 year old Mother. I found the instructions on how to use this phone more challenging than any other mobile I have ever used. There is no way my Mother who lives independently and still has a sharp mind could have worked out how to use this phone. The Samsung I purchased for myself recently took about 15 mins to work out how to use it. You mobile has taken hours and we still are not able to send photographs to my Mum.

Purchased in June 2020 at Online for $198.00.

Poor after sales service

Attempted to install my own sim card and the retaining clip came off .
Sent back to Olitech who supposedly repaired it
When I tried again to install the sim card the same thing happened
Contacted Olitech who blamed me for damaging the clip despite having no proof
They refused to pay for the return postage so I have lodged a complaint with CAV
I told them that the retaining clip is not well designed and quoted from their user manual
"5 Please be gentle with the mechanisms that hold the SIM card and T-Flash card. They are delicate and can break if mishandled."
I have not been able to use my phone for over two weeks

Purchased in December 2019 for $199.00.

Olitech
Olitech SupportOlitech
Rico

RicoLogan

Muffled, muted speech

Purchased in November 2019 for $249.00.

This hasn't really worked for my 93 year old father

I bought the phone for my father as he is fairly blind due to macular degeneration and also quite deaf. He has an old iPhone that he can use and I thought this might be easier. Unfortunately it isn't easier for him and he isn't using it. The main issues are that the print size of the phone list isn't big enough so he can't see the names of the people he wants to call. Also the yellow button is easy to locate but the arrows on the side of the button that he needs to use are not very easy to see or locate so he doesn't seem to be able to use them.

Am not convinced that this is a good phone for people with hearing and sight difficulties, particularly if very old.

Purchased in December 2018 for $269.00.

Marie M.

Marie M.asked

My neighbor has an Olitech easy flip and it is frozen just showing Olitech Easyflip on the screen. When you try to turn it off it just keeps restarting, with the name on the screen and you cant do anything with the phone.

Peter S.

Hi Marie, what I would try first is a Factory Reset although if you can't get past the Olitech screen that may not be possible. (Settings>System>Factory reset) so try removing the battery, leave it for a few seconds then replace it and see if that resolves it.

If that doesn't work then a call to Olitech support may be needed.

03 9755 8885 or support@olitech.com.au

I hope this helps. Peter

Alan

Like Peter S suggested I would try removing the battery,waiting a few seconds and then reinserting it. If no joy then it is probably a hardware fault and you could try contacting Olitech. This phone has a 12 month warranty and my wife's phone failed in a similar manner after only 11 months and had to be replaced. Choice magazine had a good article on "phones for seniors" in their April 2021 edition. They suggested an alternative option for those less tech savvy was to obtain an older android smart phone and go into settings then choose "easy mode " or "simple mode" depending on brand. There are also several free apps from the Google play store that can add a simple interface to the phone making it much more senior friendly. Naturally for the initial phone set up they would need the help of a tech savvy friend. The big plus for using a smartphone is that they can read QR codes so essential in our Covid19 times. The Olitech phone CANNOT read QR codes so is only suitable someone who is in a nursing home or housebound.

Lyn

Lynasked

Hi does this phone have predictive text option and does the font size can be changed to larger

Peter S.

Yes, it has predictive text and the font can be changed. Great simple solid phone for the elderly technology-averse people. I wouldn't use it to send long texts but simple messages can be set up. Dialling is good through the Photo Dial function and has good emergency contact function. Overall I like it, no touch screen, no browser, very simple phone

Alan

Sending an SMS on this phone is a total pain as it uses the old multi tap system and certainly not something an older person could manage. I haven't tried altering the text size but remember that the screen is very small so a larger text would limit the amount of information available at any one time. Don't bother trying to sent or receive photos as the camera is pretty awful and so far I haven't been able to receive any incoming photos.( My wife did receive "half" a photo at one point so I told the sender to resend to my smart phone which was naturally OK) .This is a very basic Flip phone similar to 1999 models and so is best limited to receiving and making phone calls providing a tech savvy friend can set up the contact list and speed dialling.

Phillip B.

Phillip B.asked

Serious about purchase of Easy Flip 4G,but as I have a Standard SIM CARD (25x15)(in my now defunct old phone )
HOW do I change over for Olitech as appears necessary??
Thanking you in anticipation your reply please.
Phillip

Julie
Julie

Go to your mobile provider and buy a new sim Make sure you get them to transfer your mobile number to new sim

See all Olitech EasyFlip (2019) questions

Get an answer from our members and Olitech representatives

CategoryMobile Phones