Olitech EasyFlip

• Camera Quality
  • Hardware
Ro Bailey

Ro BaileyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I'm having trouble getting used to it.

I'm finding the phone good for receiving and sending calls but it is very different to my last phone and it is taking me a long time to get to know it. The ability to hear the calls is a vast improvement on my previous phone but I am feeling lost in the workings of it. Sending a text message is a trial without predictive text, I really miss this.

Purchased in January 2021 at Olitech for $199.00.

Senior Phone for my Mother

Phone is good . Bought this item to have My easy assist having extreme trouble with this app
and phone
Works ok when next to phone then when I log in after I return home no connection very Frustrated
daughter

Purchased in May 2020 for $199.00.

button trouble

we bought this phone for my 89 yr old mother to replace a 3G Doro no longer working. Display and things are good but only problem is the buttons are not individually defined enough. Her arthritis hands have trouble with the arrows and the centre yellow enter button and tend to bump several at the same time.
Messaging is one of the main things she likes to use so she is constantly needing these buttons.
The emergency button is good. sound quality when calling is excellent.

Purchased in September 2020 for $199.00.

Mobile Phones

Find out how Olitech EasyFlip compares to other Mobile Phones

Denise

DeniseRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Waiting for a new phone to arrive

I don't really want to give a review for this phone as the camera doesn't work at all and the phone is being replaced. I would like to give a review when I get the replacement.

Purchased in August 2020 at Olitech for $199.00.

bobtieHunter Region, NSW

Phone is OK; Service and EasyAssist is Hopeless!

Red Battery Indicator light on front face stopped working the day after I received the phone; three messages requesting return advice still unanswered after 4 days. (Light decided to come on again today). Tried signing in to EasyAssist website; after 3 password resets and 3 “Invalid login” messages, I gave up. Yes, the phone is nice and easy to use and a cheaper option for dinosaurs like me that don’t need a thousand-dollars worth of gimmicks but Olitech needs to lift its game if it wants 5 stars.

Purchased in August 2020 at Olitech for $199.00.

Dan

DanGippsland, VIC

Good Phone Bad Battery

No Draft folder for messages. Battery goes flat in 4 hours even when phone not used.
Good sound in Hearing Aids. Large text.
Sometime difficult to get charging to work in cradle.

Purchased in August 2020 for $109.00.

This phone and its manual are not good for people with eyesight problems like I have....

Purchased in July 2020.

Leigh B.

Leigh B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not ideal for vision impaired people

Texting is difficult for my mother. She can't read the little text banner at the bottom of the screen - would be better if letters appeared in the actual text area, as you type, where they are bigger.

Purchased in July 2020 at Olitech for $200.00.

Ross Walker

Ross WalkerWeetangera 2614, ACT

Too early to say anything useful!

Your survey timing is way too early as far as as I am concerned for I have not used My new phone for any significant purposes yet (during Covar19 restrictions period in particular). In this context getting such emails such as yours so soon after my purchase tends to render the email as junk from my viewpoint (particularly as I mainly bought unit for simple messaging and calling purposes).
Ross Walker

Purchased in June 2020 at Olitech technology.

Performance
Battery Life
Hardware
Mobile Phones

Find out how Olitech EasyFlip compares to other Mobile Phones

Lacks some of the useable features of the Easymate.

Maximum volume is too low.
Screen text not large enough. Increasing boldness helps but not enough.
Ability to change some of the preset autodials removed.
Bought the phone for my father to replace his Easymate. I suspect he will want to go back to the Easymate.
Navigation arrows with the yellow button are too close (or small). Attempts to press the yellow button usually result in a direction arrow being pushed which frustrates the user and destroys confidence in the phone.
Welcome contact or advice by email.

Purchased in April 2020 for $199.00.

Finding it difficult to work out

Having couple issues with phone however my son has rung and spoken to a gentleman who works with Olitech and waiting for his reply. One problem is you cant send photos. If we dont hear from him will ring back Monday. Am finding it a bit involved and complicated, however am prepared to perservere. Many thanks Jan

Purchased in April 2020 for $209.00.

Lyn

Lynasked

Hi does this phone have predictive text option and does the font size can be changed to larger

Peter S.
Peter S.

Yes, it has predictive text and the font can be changed. Great simple solid phone for the elderly technology-averse people. I wouldn't use it to send long texts but simple messages can be set up. Dialling is good through the Photo Dial function and has good emergency contact function. Overall I like it, no touch screen, no browser, very simple phone

Alan
Alan

Sending an SMS on this phone is a total pain as it uses the old multi tap system and certainly not something an older person could manage. I haven't tried altering the text size but remember that the screen is very small so a larger text would limit the amount of information available at any one time. Don't bother trying to sent or receive photos as the camera is pretty awful and so far I haven't been able to receive any incoming photos.( My wife did receive "half" a photo at one point so I told the sender to resend to my smart phone which was naturally OK) .This is a very basic Flip phone similar to 1999 models and so is best limited to receiving and making phone calls providing a tech savvy friend can set up the contact list and speed dialling.

Phillip B.

Phillip B.asked

Serious about purchase of Easy Flip 4G,but as I have a Standard SIM CARD (25x15)(in my now defunct old phone )
HOW do I change over for Olitech as appears necessary??
Thanking you in anticipation your reply please.
Phillip

Julie
Julie

Go to your mobile provider and buy a new sim Make sure you get them to transfer your mobile number to new sim

Scout

Scoutasked

I have just been looking t the reviews for the Olitech Easyflip phone, and there were a number who said that the battery life of this phone is very very bad.. can you enlighten me please???

Ian Bainbridge
Ian Bainbridge

It is a lot better than many of its competitors. Only when we cease to depend on Chinese manufactured batteries will we really start to see phones with reasonable battery lives.

Jenny
Jenny

It does have to be charged up quite regularly.

See all Olitech EasyFlip (2019) questions

Get an answer from our members and Olitech representatives

CategoryMobile Phones