Olitech EasyFlip

• Battery Life
  • Camera Quality
  • Hardware

Great phone. 87yo mother-in-law

The phone itself was quite simple to setup, MiL is technology-averse but didn't take her to long to get the basics.

Camera is not great quality but adequate for her needs. Does not scan QR Codes but this was expected.

I have hidden messaging as this is beyond her capability.

No apps possible.

Purchased in March 2021 for $199.00.

Marj

MarjSouth East Queensland, QLD

My shaky friend absolutely loves it. The screen is sooo crisp, clear, loud and big enough to easily read.

My friend really only uses the phone as a phone and to text. He will not use any apps. He is about to try to use the data to try to connect to his laptop.
He loves the texture of the exterior, the fact that he can use a lanyard to hang it around his neck or easily pull it out of his pocket.

Purchased in March 2021.

Karl Nau

Karl NauSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Great phone

We gave this phone to my wife’s mother and she only uses it for calling,
It’s easy to use and it isn’t complicated like other mobile phones and being able to deactivate the external buttons stops the volume being inadvertently turned down

Purchased in February 2021 for $199.00.

Just what I needed

Very happy with this phone. Easy to see screen and keys. Variety of ring tones and is loud if you need it to be. Turn off data to prolong battery. Not as rugged as my old Nokia, but it is a flip phone after all.

Purchased in February 2021 for $200.00.

Great mobile for seniors

Very happy with this phone which was purchased for my mum who is 89 and dad who is 92. Neither have ever used a mobile. We had issues with landline after NBN. Mum and dad are using it to make and receive phone calls. Sound quality excellent. Buttons are clear and easy to read. Kristen gave outstanding assistance. Would definitely recommend this product.

Purchased in December 2020.

Ian BainbridgeDarling Downs, QLD

First rate phone for Seniors, well done.

The phone meets all of the requirements for a Senior who only wants a device that does the same job as a normal landline phone. I am computer literate and use a computer for all tasks except for actually talking to people remotely (emails aside). I do not want a device that is a total compromise, trying to emulate a proper phone and a computer in the one object. A total waste of technology. Do the particular job once and do it properly (as per the EasyFlip).

Purchased in December 2020 for $199.00.

Steve

Steve

Excellent phone. Exceeded all our expectations.

This was the perfect phone for my partner who just couldn't get to grips with the touch phone technology.

He just wanted a phone to make and receive calls. It resembled his very first phone way back when, so was delighted when I was able to source this one.

Excellent product, fast service and good tutorial videos.

Purchased in December 2020 for $199.00.

Kathie

KathieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great phone for seniors!

I purchased this phone for my Dad who is in his 80's, lives alone and found smart phones a bit difficult to manage. He loves the larger buttons and the lanyard for when he's in the garden. Navigating the phone is straight forward and the emergency contact feature is great. The service from Olitech and Kirsten in particular has been outstanding. I highly recommend the Olitech Easy Flip 4G to anyone looking for a mobile phone for seniors that provides all the basics and some additional extra's that contribute to the owners safety.

Purchased in August 2020 for $199.00.

Jean Ellis

Jean EllisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I bought the flip phone to replace my older Olitech phone

I'm disappointed with my flip phone. It is a bit to complicated for me to deal with and I have gone back to my old phone. I need a phone that has a good battery life between charging, my Aspera needs charging every day even tho' I may not make or receive calls or messages daily

Purchased at Always Direct Online store for $199.00.

Fantastic phone for seniors

Brought this phone for mum, it’s absolutely perfect for seniors. Very user friendly and not complicated to use. It has large buttons and the volume is loud. Highly recommended if you are wanting a simple phone and not too technical.

Purchased in November 2020.

Shazam O.

Shazam O.

Excellent Flip phone for elderly. Customer Service very helpful. Thanks

Easy to use. Large buttons, can set quick dial. Very clear, not too bulky. Has a button for emergency. Very happy with purchase, recommend to anyone who finds phones in stores too difficult to use.

Purchased in November 2020 for $199.00.

Graham

GrahamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent every day phone

Have not used the camera yet. Use it for calls and texts at this stage. Easy phone to use and understand.
Quality appears to be very good. Very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in October 2020 at Olitech for $199.00.

Annette C

Annette CFar North Queensland, QLD

Purchased for my 80 year old Dad

Bought for my dad who is not too 'tech savvy'. Easy to use. Great accessories. Nice streamlined feel to it. Will be fantastic for him going forward. Great service from Olitech... from the delightful staff in the office who answered all my initial questions, right through to the ease of ordering online and super quick delivery. Would thoroughly recommend.... thank you.

Purchased in October 2020.

Allan

AllanMurray Mallee, SA

Bought for a 99 year old who never has had a mobile b4. He is mastering it well

key and brightness good volumes up to maximum working well .My father is partially deaf.
He is not using text or the camera yet. voice messages ok is mastering the pick up of messages that have been left, so all in all the phone is one that i would expect an elderly person should have.

Purchased in October 2020 for $199.00.

Suits my purpose, nice loud ring and good easy to hear speech quality when making and receiving calls.

Haven't used the camera yet, mainly focused on using it for calls at the moment but confident that all the other features will work well in keeping with the overall quality of the phone.
Feels robust and durable unlike some of these small flip phones.
Only used it for calls so far,
I'd recommend it for anyone with a hearing problem

Purchased in November 2020 for $199.00.

Marilyn Eig

Marilyn EigSouth East Queensland, QLD

great phone Even I have been able to set it up and thats saying something

have not used camera yet This phone was bought to aid husband with Parkinsons so he just has to open to answer and close to hang up.I also wanted the red back button for emergencies.

Annie

AnnieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great phone for my mum

This phone suits my mum she has limited hearing, and can hear well on the phone. she can use this phone easily would but does not use many of features recommended.

Purchased in October 2020 for $200.00.

Olitech flip - just right for me

I needed a compact unit for phone & sms only - nothing 'smart'. As a vision impaired person I found I can't use pastel coloured glary screens despite how big they might be.

Purchased in October 2020 for $199.00.

Really good better than expected.

Once you work out not to touch your screen as smartphones it gets easier to use for calls and messaging.Bright ,small and easy to read letters.Like the different colours too.

Purchased in September 2020 for $199.00.

Performance
Software
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Hardware
Michelle

MichelleVictoria

Just right and has given my dad confidence

I purchased this phone for my father who has parkinson. He has managed the phone with ease and it has increased his independence and confidence to go out for a walk knowing that if he gets into strife he just has to his the sos button. The charging cradle is a terrific idea and much easier for him to manage than a plug

Purchased in September 2020 for $199.00.

Lyn

Lynasked

Hi does this phone have predictive text option and does the font size can be changed to larger

Peter S.
Peter S.

Yes, it has predictive text and the font can be changed. Great simple solid phone for the elderly technology-averse people. I wouldn't use it to send long texts but simple messages can be set up. Dialling is good through the Photo Dial function and has good emergency contact function. Overall I like it, no touch screen, no browser, very simple phone

Alan
Alan

Sending an SMS on this phone is a total pain as it uses the old multi tap system and certainly not something an older person could manage. I haven't tried altering the text size but remember that the screen is very small so a larger text would limit the amount of information available at any one time. Don't bother trying to sent or receive photos as the camera is pretty awful and so far I haven't been able to receive any incoming photos.( My wife did receive "half" a photo at one point so I told the sender to resend to my smart phone which was naturally OK) .This is a very basic Flip phone similar to 1999 models and so is best limited to receiving and making phone calls providing a tech savvy friend can set up the contact list and speed dialling.

Phillip B.

Phillip B.asked

Serious about purchase of Easy Flip 4G,but as I have a Standard SIM CARD (25x15)(in my now defunct old phone )
HOW do I change over for Olitech as appears necessary??
Thanking you in anticipation your reply please.
Phillip

Julie
Julie

Go to your mobile provider and buy a new sim Make sure you get them to transfer your mobile number to new sim

Scout

Scoutasked

I have just been looking t the reviews for the Olitech Easyflip phone, and there were a number who said that the battery life of this phone is very very bad.. can you enlighten me please???

Ian Bainbridge

It is a lot better than many of its competitors. Only when we cease to depend on Chinese manufactured batteries will we really start to see phones with reasonable battery lives.

Jenny
Jenny

It does have to be charged up quite regularly.

See all Olitech EasyFlip (2019) questions

Get an answer from our members and Olitech representatives

CategoryMobile Phones